Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Debnfla on Apr 9, 18 3:58 AM
So very glad Blue Tea is back! I beta tested this game and loved it, bought it as soon as it came out. Blue Tea is back!!!!! This addition to the series is a keeper for me!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Apr 11, 18 12:35 PM
was hard for me to play as there was so much going back & forth and not having a map that let you go to the place really hurt. I loved all the previous games in this series is the reason I got it. I think the graphics were pretty neat. loved the puzzles, but with using the hint button I wouldn't have been able to play. Loved dracaence could have used it's help!

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on Apr 20, 18 10:45 AM
This game is defintiely my cup of tea.
Yes, it's oldfashioned by today's standard. This is one aspect that makes it outstanding. Doing their own thing, not running in the same direction as everyone else.
Others are a well written story with a twist, beautiful drawing and not making it too comfortable for the player.
For me, that is what a good game should have. An inticate story, lots of beautiful things to see, sounds worth listening too. Making the player use their brains; concentrate, observe closely, pay attention to detail and process what they encounter.

The map doesn't transport. So what?
Some passages are at times blocked, and therefore you cannot jump across. Going the long way round through the lovely scenery is no drawback for me.

The FROGS are nice, but a bit easy. I like that there are lots of them. And it's very nice that I can look at them in the extras again.
The puzzles are not too complicated. Would've liked them more if they wouldn't have been so many variations of basically the same.

Finding out where there is something to do by clicking on the many magnifiers is fun.
And where there is nothing to do, I get a lot of information. That's what's called storytelling.

Yes, it coul've been a bit better. The dragon is awfully cartoonish, the cursed objects should not show up immediately.
But all in all, I just loved it.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 29, 18 9:39 PM
Since tonight is the end of our Forum Posting so I'll have to give my review for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess CE before completing it.
So far I am enjoying it and since I'm only 2 chapters into it my first impressions are good ones. I so much enjoy FROGS, especially the pretty ones and think I will survive the lack of a jump map LOL !
Oh by the way, I have a total of 14 of the Dark Parables counting this one
So far the music is fine , the graphics,color and story-line are all ok. Since I am a Dark Parable fan I doubt if I'll be disappointed.
The only problem is my ability of finding the collectables like the Morphing (cursed) objects. In anticipation of completing this game I am going to give it a out of a potential 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale...Played on my desktop PC running Win. 10 with no problems so far.
Well hard as it is to say it but time to say Bye for Now and hope someday Felix can get the Pond going again even if only a Puddle

Go to: