skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

Re:This Game has Potential, But......

[Post New]by skpjazz on Mar 27, 18 11:02 AM
Valkara wrote:After starting over with a new profile, I've managed to finish the game, and still have a few hundred gold left.

This is possible if you never pay the 200 gold for extra moves or time. Honestly, just "x" out of that screen and do the level over (sometimes needs more than one do-over).

I was able to get through some levels because of their structural similarity to some levels in another game by this company: Lost in Reefs: Antarctic.

You can save a lot of time/moves by using the magnet on the boulders. Get them out of the way and then concentrate on clearing the tiles with the other pieces.

Congratulations, Valkara for also getting through I assume the normal mode!

I'm glad you mentioned the popup to pay 200 gold to add 5 moves, because some players may not realize that you can close that out and get the option to replay. I think that maybe both options should be on the same popup! (I'll post that in the suggestions thread). There were a couple of times when I wanted to just replay, and I accidentally accepted the "deal" LOL! (Can't get your money back!)

I'm currently replaying (off and on) under different profiles to experiment with various ways of playing, and I hadn't thought of using the magnet to get rid of the boulders - good suggestion!

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 27, 18 11:08 AM
Thanks for all your feedback. We really appreciate it!

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Mar 27, 18 3:27 PM
It is so nice the way you all share tips and offer help!

Yes Valkara, congrats from me also!

I'm on 186 in the Inca World. Not sure how many levels left to go.

skpjazz, you have on countless occasions said or asked what I was thinking!

One thing I don't like , in any game, but in this one and the limited moves is the 'nudging hint' . It moves just enough to irritate . I would like to see that gone or perhaps as a choice since I'm sure some players appreciate it.

Totally off the loop but hmmm, that Shaman who takes 200 gold each time any of us opt to purchase more moves. Where is he putting all that 'dough' he collects.

~~~ Mysti

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Mar 27, 18 4:45 PM
Hey Mysti,

I believe there are 222 levels -- I was so relieved when I finished that I lost track! The profile where I finished in the normal mode says 222, so that must be it.

I'm not sure if you missed my post to you toward the bottom of page 2 in this thread, but it's as if YOU read my mind when you commented on the animated "creatures"! You were one step ahead of me because I also felt that the well done features of this game should be pointed out. I appreciate all types of creativity, and with this game the comical graphics are appropriate for the "replay stress break"! (Don't ever think you have a small mind - as you were joking about in another thread - because this "small mind" was actually making sound effects for the "creatures"!!) Just for the drill! Edit: I meant to say the saw!!!

After you finish the game in "normal" mode, you'll have to try (at least a few levels anyway) in easy mode. You'll find that it's a lot less stressful and your "dough" adds up much faster!!

Edited on 03/28/2018 at 12:08:03 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 27, 18 10:02 PM
Apologies to Valkara for not congratulating you earlier on finishing this game! It sure is tough to beat in normal mode and I think even the "easy" mode is challenging for average players.

@Mysti: skpjazz is correct in that there are 222 levels. I noticed the timer on one of the timed boards was 2:22 also. Must be a favorite number of the developer. I'm surprised you don't like the move hint thing as I find it to be a useful feature in limited moves games, although it's not so great when there are lots of available moves.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Mar 28, 18 11:59 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:
I swallowed my pride and started over on Easy after slogging all the way through Normal. From what I've seen so far, it does appear possible to complete all the levels without ever buying moves/time or using any of your powerup stash on the left...if you're playing on Easy! I'm still skeptical about the claim that this can be done in Normal.

SynthpopAddict: I'm a little slow to respond to some of the posts in this forum, but I had been curious if you would try the easy mode. I totally agree with you in that yes, it is possible (or at least more likely) to complete the easy levels without buying powerups, BUT not in the normal.

After I had gotten through the normal mode the first time around, I did start a second profile under the normal to see how far I could go without using my gold.....needless to say I didn't get that far! So, the easy mode (almost) felt like a piece of cake in comparison. I will admit though that if I had played the easy mode the first time around, I probably wouldn't have found it as "easy" if I hadn't gone through the numerous replays in the normal mode first.

In the past I had disliked the hexagonal boards, because for some reason, I couldn't "see" the matches as well. In this game I surprised myself in that I was much better, although I still get frustrated occasionally with some mismatches where it takes a while for my brain to line them up! I guess it's that weird side of my brain!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 29, 18 8:15 AM
No it's not just you with the hex boards. I get confused with them sometimes too.

I think you're right on the easy mode in that it wouldn't have been quite as "easy" if we had not gone through normal first - practice always makes things easier. But from what I can tell, there's definitely an element of luck involved in getting certain spots opened up in most levels. In normal the moves counter is so tight there's no wiggle room so if you don't win the lottery immediately you're out of luck. The easy mode is set so you can waste a few moves most of the time in order to get the pieces lined up correctly and as long as you know the strategy and basic M3 tricks it's a doable game, although still challenging for average level players.

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Mar 29, 18 5:31 PM
Hi all

I agree about the hex boards and am trying to wrap my brain around level 196, the timed board with the 6 masks chained at the top.

But I don't think I'd want them removed from the game. I'm just strange (haa ha ha , as if ya'll didn't know) and I do like challenges.

Yes skpjazz I am reaaaaaaally looking forward to finishing the normal level and playing the easy mode as I didn't get to play around and experiment with the fun powerups this time around as I had to focus totally on each board as I have no money and no goodies. I'm not whining just feeling like I'll never get to the end.

Oh, and note to all "Be wary of shaman bearing 'gifts' "
But seriously, it's way to easy to have one's cursor over the middle and click on his 'gift' . It pops up every so often during multiple replays, of which I'm an expert now.
Sometimes between offering more moves/time (at a cost) and clicking on "retry" there's a sneaky little one that takes your

I'm still chuckling about my dumbness that skpjazz pointed out. I could have bought powerups instead of 2 times buying more moves.

I expect I will be on this level (196 timed with chained masks on a hex board) 'till the next game comes out
~~~mysti

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Mar 29, 18 7:59 PM
mysticalla5 wrote:
I'm still chuckling about my dumbness that skpjazz pointed out. I could have bought powerups instead of 2 times buying more moves.

I expect I will be on this level (196 timed with chained masks on a hex board) 'till the next game comes out
~~~mysti

Mysti, I did not point out your dumbness, I was just pointing out the math : 2X 200 = 400 which equals cost of 3 dynamite packs! I would never say you're dumb! You're a keeper -- I see why you have 4,782 posts! Amazing! SynthpopAddict is getting close!

I'm glad to see you're getting closer to 222! I'm playing easy mode again to confirm that it can be done without using any gold. So far, so good! I'm sure you'll get past 196 (eventually), but I'll be getting close to that level if you need some (non-help) from me! That means the luck factor will kick in for you soon! Good Luck!

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Mar 29, 18 8:23 PM
*note to self---do NOT take a sip of coffee or other staining liquids as I read one of
skpjazz's posts!!!*

Hi ya skpjazz

That last read was a splurt. LMFHO yet again.

Ummm, no luck, no luck at all. In fact, I've only managed to get 3 masks off the board and that was one time out of a trazzilion tries. Oh yes, my nickname given by the fishies was Mystibabbler . Synthy can vouch for that.

This level is a toughie and I'm beginning to sound like "the boy who cried wolf! "
I think I'll just sit around until you get to 196 and will take any tips you can give me.
Thank you for the good luck wishes

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 30, 18 5:52 AM
Hi Mysti, if you are completely out of powerups and gold and playing in normal...

You might be better off chucking the profile and starting over using the little picture icon near the top right corner of the main screen. I've seen a few posts from various players who said the game was unplayably hard if they ran out of everything. Yes, it really sucks. I've found if you can hold off on buying whatever (moves or powerups) to where you do it only around every 3 levels and can get through the "easier" levels (there's a spate of them somewhere after level 60 and another spate of them somewhere around level 150) without buying anything your gold will last you the entire game. Also, you don't want to be buying both moves and powerups in levels or you will run out of gold. If you are finding that you can't manage, you'll have much more fun either moving on, playing in Easy, or waiting until the Zen mode (true relaxed mode) update gets released here. According to MrPuzzler that update was in the works.

Again, I'm sorry you made it that far and might have to start over. The only other thing you can really do with a timed level if you're out of resources is to play like you're the House of Speed - i.e. smash and grab technique with moves near the lowest reachable part and hope to get lucky with cascades breaking chains, etc. and giving you some explosives.

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 30, 18 7:05 AM
Zen mode is already here! Check latest update.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 30, 18 7:47 AM
Just noticed that upon opening the game today. That should make a lot of gamers happy.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 30, 18 8:45 AM
mysticalla5 wrote:I think I'll just sit around until you get to 196 and will take any tips you can give me.
Thank you for the good luck wishes

Mysti, I finally made it back to 196. Not sure if the masks are double chained in normal or if they are still single chained all at the top. Anyway, what I did was to work somewhere in middle or lower parts to begin with in order to break some of the ice and get some working room. As soon as some of the middle opened up I immediately focused on getting an explosive around the 2 top corners because the masks on the edges are the hardest to reach, but any explosive item anywhere near the top is what I would try to get. When I freed any mask at all, I dropped it down the board some so it wouldn't get in the way and then went back to the top corners until I got the corner masks freed. The masks in the center freed up with explosions while I was focusing on the corners.

Once all the masks are free, just work near the bottom to break up any ice left in the way and use the explosives near the bottom to help you out. It IS doable without using your powerups on the left and without buying time if you're a little lucky with getting the explosives near the top early on. Good luck!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 30, 18 11:14 AM
I finally confirmed it is possible to complete easy mode without ever spending gold or using any of the powerups on the left. You definitely need to know the strategy for each level, but easy mode is quite doable for experienced players. The average players will still be challenged especially on the timed levels because the timer isn't very long, but if you take your time in the rest of the levels thinking it out, the moves counter is usually generous enough to get through especially if you are using powerups or buying moves every so often.

There are still a few tricky levels - 210 is a dumb luck it out thing if you're not using gold/powerups and on a few levels I ran the moves counter below 5 but not often.

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Mar 31, 18 10:16 AM
I feel that I should have started a new thread as the title of this one isn't really what I'm talking about so often.

Plus, I'm getting lost as to which thread is where and what.

SynthpopAddict - I did start a new profile and played until nearly the end of the first world "Flowerland" Partly because of frustration with my lack of gold and inability to progress and partly feeling like I would never get beyond level 196 in the normal mode.
I guess it's the Italian stubbornness in me though because I HAD to finish that level and the game in normal.

I have about 379 in gold now but am really coveting it waiting for another mask level , which by the way, when I see it pop up as the goal (the masks) I feel a slight panicky twinge of fear

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 31, 18 10:21 AM
Mysti, I saw your post on finally getting past 196 in normal, congrats!

The mask levels usually aren't too bad as long as you remember to create some explosives preferably underneath of them and to focus on the column the mask is in so as to drop it as quickly as possible. The levels that freak me out are the ones with lots of rocks, dirt, or wood boxes covering up all the tiles to clear.

Go to: