Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 here.

[Post New]by cleopoldi on Mar 26, 18 5:00 PM
Ok - Big Fish support is not understanding that the Mac users are having a very difficult time with operating this game. I have unchecked the full screen option and tried numerous other steps BF suggested - NOT working people !!! This is the first time I have had an issue with @Casual Games.Com - Disappointed.

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Mar 27, 18 4:33 AM
cleopoldi wrote:Ok - Big Fish support is not understanding that the Mac users are having a very difficult time with operating this game. I have unchecked the full screen option and tried numerous other steps BF suggested - NOT working people !!! This is the first time I have had an issue with @Casual Games.Com - Disappointed.

I share the frustration of all these gamers! But this is not the first time for this developer - it also happened 2-3 years ago with one of the Cruise Director games. Exactly the same problem. That time it also took Big Fish quite a while to acknowledge that the problem was with the game, and when they eventually did, it took about a month to fix it.

Big Fish Games, can you tell us if there is any update on this issue?

[Post New]by ravenswood21208 on Mar 27, 18 8:46 AM
playing on Mac same issues as most of the forum 1/4 of the screen filled huge can't do anything with the game tried the suggestions not helping. Please help!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 27, 18 9:30 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to apologize for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 not displaying or working properly. If the troubleshooting instructions in the help articles below don't fix the game's issues, please contact our Technical Support Team for a replacement game.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator
Mac Game Troubleshooting

I've passed the information about the game's glitches to the appropriate teams. If and when an update is released, a member of the Moderation Team will announce it in this forum. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Linny69 on Mar 28, 18 7:33 AM
Count me as one who cannot play the game due to the huge screen.

tried all the advice.

not sure if this helps, but my MAC is 4k

please update to let us know if the developer has acknowledged this issue.

i really hope their is a update soon!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 28, 18 2:13 PM
Hi Linny69,

I'm sorry to hear that you've also run into troubles while playing. If the troubleshooting tips mentioned earlier in the thread have not helped, please contact our Technical Support Team for a replacement game, if that would be helpful.

As for more information about the subject, our Moderator team hasn't received any additional details about potential updates for the game. As soon as we hear anything, we'll be sure to let our players know through a forum announcement. Thank you, everyone, for your patience and understanding.

As always, please feel free to contact one of our Moderators with any question by sending a PM. We'll be happy to provide any answers that we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by klcheshire on Mar 29, 18 6:47 PM
Count me among those experienced players that have been having difficulty with this and the last couple of Vacation Adventures/Cruise games.

We don't want another game, we want this and all future versions of these to work properly.

(MacBook Pro MacOS 10.12.6)

FionaMac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by FionaMac on Mar 31, 18 2:07 PM
Can't get to Options to try that. Next idea?

[Post New]by shell50kris on Mar 31, 18 4:31 PM
Display won't fit screen. Have not been able to fix. What now?

[Post New]by shell50kris on Mar 31, 18 4:32 PM
Sorry, sent before I finished. I have a MacBook Pro.

[Post New]by gibtug on Apr 1, 18 3:50 PM
Have same problem,but can't believe it's still for sale after so many unsatisfied customers

Aluchipan
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Aluchipan on Apr 2, 18 1:53 PM
I'm also having the very same issue. Opens up too large and can't get to any options to change screen size. On a Mac running High Sierra.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 3, 18 5:17 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we investigate what's happening with Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7. I definitely understand wanting to be able to play a game that's been purchase, and I want to assure you we've passed your reports along to the appropriate teams. Since we're unable to provide information about if and when an update will be made available, I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team for a replacement.

Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if more questions arise or if you'd like to speak with us further. We're here to listen.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Necron99 on Apr 4, 18 7:36 AM
In the past, the only issue I've found on my 27" iMac was a cursor almost too small to see. So in Accessibility->Display->Cursor size I set it to max and then started the game. After playing I reset the cursor back to min. A pain but worth the inconvenience because I LOVE these games. This monster-size display thing is a whole new ball game. I really, really, really hope Casual Arts fixes this problem. And fast.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 5, 18 10:21 AM
Hello Necron99,

Thank you so much for passing along this advice. It sounds like following the instructions below can help Mac players whose games are affected by a small cursor:

1. Open the Accessibility app
2. Click on Display
3. Go to Cursor Size
4. Set the cursor to the maximum size

If players would prefer, they can also contact our Technical Support Team, who will replace the game. I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding and wish you all the best.

bfgBeruna

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Apr 6, 18 7:15 AM
Where do I find the Accessibility app on my Mac? I don't see it among my applications or in the utilities folder.

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Apr 6, 18 7:17 AM
Just found it - it's an option in System Preferences, not a separate app.

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Apr 6, 18 7:24 AM
Just tried the cursor tip and it didn't resolve the display issue for my MacBook Pro running High Sierra.

[Post New]by 2manycars4me on Apr 8, 18 1:55 PM
I have been trying for a few weeks to load and delete this game hoping the problem was fixed. There is something from the game which does not auto scale the game to the display. Running High Sierra 10.13.4 on a 27" iMac.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 8, 18 2:56 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear that our players have continued to experience an issue with how the game appears on the screen. Our Moderator Team hasn't heard anything about possible updates or fixes for the game, but we'll be sure to pass along such information as soon as it is available. We appreciate your continued patience.

For those who would rather not wait for a possible update, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide a replacement game.

If there are any more questions, please send a PM to one of our Moderators. We'll be listen and provide whatever assistance we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: