Re:Post any Secrets of the Dragon Wheel technical issues here only

[Post New]by goofyduck77 on Jul 13, 10 3:00 AM
grabbinbugs wrote:Running on administrator does work. Thank you to the gamer who suggested trying it So far is a really nice game..beautiful graphics...objects not too easy not too difficult to find. Entertaining story and I think the voice overs are very good. Hint recharges very quickly. Has 8 chapters which may not seem like much but there is plenty to do. Definitely a buy here.

It might be a "fix" and a "get-around" to get the game to play, but bottom line nobody should have to do that. Nobody should have to go to all that trouble to get a game to work, nobody should have to run an administrative feature or anything. The game should work from the game manager as virtually every other downloaded game works. I personally don't think a game is worth playing if I have to go through all that just to be able to play it for . . . well, the clock was ticking while I was trying to make sure my security settings were allowing all BF files, and taking a screen shot of the error, and checking versions of other things, so I now have only 40+/- minutes left to play and obviously didn't play one minute.

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Jul 13, 10 3:07 AM
Running on administrator doesn't seem to work for everyone and it seems that you only get the demo anyway and it won't then run if you buy.

Like you goofyduck, I was going to run a compatability check then decided that it wasn't really my job - to mess with the computer until I could get the game working.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 13, 10 3:10 AM
Running now ok as admin, followed directions given, Start, but instead of My Cumputer just hit Programs on start menu, then right clicked game name, opened files, I guess it was the game app I clicked, right, then admin. It's running without a drag like on xp pc, am on laptop Win7 64bit

btw I just noticed when I right click to open game mgr, on the menu it says Run as Admin right there Never noticed that before unless maybe I just invoked that by doing admin on that game. I usually just open GM icon and click open to get my list of games. Maybe that has always been there (?)

Mine didn't mess up desktop when I exited, but didn't show I used more than 2 minutes, I played longer than that. But you say after buying then it wouldnt open? I get nervous messing with files when I don't know what they are for.

lidybel
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lidybel on Jul 13, 10 3:25 AM
corrupt common directory.Im running vista.Feels like a big beta test again.

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Jul 13, 10 3:26 AM
me too, wasted internet credit again

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jul 13, 10 3:29 AM
Same problem as everyone else.

char1132
Manatee
Manatee
4,059 Posts

[Post New]by char1132 on Jul 13, 10 3:35 AM
me too

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 13, 10 3:50 AM
puzzledone wrote:Running now ok as admin, followed directions given, Start, but instead of My Cumputer just hit Programs on start menu, then right clicked game name, opened files, I guess it was the game app I clicked, right, then admin. It's running without a drag like on xp pc, am on laptop Win7 64bit

btw I just noticed when I right click to open game mgr, on the menu it says Run as Admin right there Never noticed that before unless maybe I just invoked that by doing admin on that game. I usually just open GM icon and click open to get my list of games. Maybe that has always been there (?)

Mine didn't mess up desktop when I exited, but didn't show I used more than 2 minutes, I played longer than that. But you say after buying then it wouldnt open? I get nervous messing with files when I don't know what they are for.

Is this for demo or full game? I bought it, tried what you recomended but still can't open it to play full version. I have W7 64-bit too. Would you be kind enough to run through the steps again please? I opened file locatioon from start menu, went to files. The only two with game icon are one full of letters.exe where I get no run as admin option, or uninstall next to other game icon. I'm getting desperate now :-))
Thanks in anticipation.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jul 13, 10 3:55 AM
Yes

Game Startup Error
‘initializeProject’ function could not be found. This could indicate a bad or corrupt common directory for your game. The Game will now shutdown because it canot properly function

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 13, 10 4:44 AM
I am also getting the same message. Have installed and uninstalled twice.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 13, 10 4:49 AM
Maybe just everyone give it a day, the dev just posted there will be a rebuild to fix this problem, already working on it.

Asking how I found run as admin, like I can remember that far back? LOL. I am not sure which of the files I right clicked on, think it had the game name and logo and said app. Whoever I followed had said Start, then Computer but when I went to My Computer I didn't see any admin option. So I went back Start, Programs, and list of games came up, right clicked on game title, on menu maybe Open files, then right clicked on one of those and menu said run as admin.

That was on W7. but couldn't find it on xp, so please don't let me screw up your machine,

See if your game manager has Run as Admin on its menu, right click BF GM icon, then try clicking that.

Anyway, I tried to uninstall the game from GM trash can, very quickly had an error, not that waiting routine, it said Uninstall did not work correctly, there may still be some files in your computer. Oh fine, that was the demo. I went to control panel, Add/Rem progs and game wasn't there, maybe because a demo (?) Now if I want to dl again for the new version what gives with old files still there?

I didn't have a problem uninstalling on W7 laptop and reinstalling first time. Think I'll leave it alone for now, just bothers me files are left on my computer and I guess have to run search to find any stragglers? 4 hours wasted so far and no game

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 13, 10 5:17 AM
The uninstall that didn't uninstall correctly and files left was on the pc with XP, not the W7 laptop. Still have the demo on there which I switched to Admin.

I suggest if you dump the game use control panel, Add/Rem, not GM and maybe it catches them all. Maybe have to defrag?

Oh, on pc xp I resumed game awhile and was getting black screen during voice overs, then when pic kicked in the written dialogue was on the screen at bottom which I just heard before, sound is not in sync, at least on pc with less ram and sluggish.

Assuming Willie is reading posts for a fix, so thought i'd throw in the other glitches too besides DL admin error.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 13, 10 5:23 AM
To puzzledone....
I tried right clicking on everything imagineable on the games manager and nothing happened.
I tried all the game associated files too and nothing happens; not one right click has the option run as admin that works. Nothing containing app on my list and I too have W7 64-bit. So that really wierd.
So, guess we all got to wait for game fix from the devs.

cleric
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by cleric on Jul 13, 10 5:34 AM
I am also using win7 and could not find any option to run as admin..... maybe because my account is an admin account already????

I was able to run it by going into the options at the bottom of the BF game manager and changed the game directory location to the d: drive ( I have my hard drive partitioned into c: and d: drive). When I reinstalled the game, It worked without any errors.

[Post New]by birdlady101 on Jul 13, 10 5:38 AM
Ditto here too....hopefully BFG will get the "bug" out...as they always do...

Lou

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Jul 13, 10 5:46 AM
Same problem with me too, keeps coming up with the error message initializeproject,functions could not be found, dumb game.....

[Post New]by sazz45 on Jul 13, 10 5:49 AM
Oh So Glad it wasn't just me and my pc

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jul 13, 10 5:56 AM
well good morning to everyone in my time zone. I downloaded the new game and to my surprize it wouldn't start. I uninstalled it and then it said not everything was removed, there were still some files left on my computer, oh yay.I see my day is starting off well. I'm going to a funeral at 9 am so I wanted to be in a happier mood before I left, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Happy gaming to all of you who can play the game. To all the gamers waiting for a fix, go jogging or something, it'll make you feel better.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 13, 10 5:59 AM
I have the same problem like everyone else - I have a german laptop (Windows Vista).

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Jul 13, 10 6:02 AM
This is the error message I'm receiving:

"Initialize Project function could not be found. This could indicate a bad or corrupt common directory for your game ... The game will now shutdown because it cannot properly function."

I will await for the patch. Please hurry, as I had downloaded this game from another site, (worked okay) ... it seems like a GREAT game! Can't wait

Judy

Go to: