Attie_1234
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Spring Room 1 vs Spring Room 2

[Post New]by Attie_1234 on Mar 23, 18 4:54 PM
I am one of the strange ones at level 84 and this is my first SE so I need both rooms. Hopefully, MC will do some kind of a fix for this dilemma but I plan on doing what seems to be the consensus and split times in my rooms so my friends can use both rooms (I hope). Have fun everyone! Remember, this is supposed to be fun and stress free. Attie

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Mar 23, 18 5:31 PM
Whatever room is open, it would be very helpful to indicate by your avatar. Room 1or room 2.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 23, 18 5:40 PM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:

Could use help deciding what time is best to switch my rooms. I'm on the East coast USA so my GMT is now 8 PM. Do I start with Room 2 at 8 PM, then switch it at noon the following day? Not sure which times accommodate the most players from various time zones!

I'm also on the East Coast and I selected noon, which is GMT 4 PM as the time I will switch rooms each day, because I'm usually home at that time.

Worse case scenario, people will get to play their preferred room every other castle day. Best case scenario, they will be able to play both my rooms every castle day.

pclark200
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by pclark200 on Mar 23, 18 6:23 PM
This is a problem! On my current friend list I have 23 people who do not have the new spring room up. Most of those have the old spring room, and might need to do those requirements, or maybe haven't logged on since the update. A couple have our generic room, and a couple still have Christmas up.
Not sure that I will have time (since we can only do each room once in 24 hours) to get the new pet requirements with that many people being out of the loop.
But if the people are still working on last years requirements, then they need that old spring room up!
Patty

pclark200
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by pclark200 on Mar 23, 18 6:25 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
gohill wrote:I did a spring DQ and received "something" .. can't remember what... for last year's pets.... at least, I think I did, now I'm second guessing myself...

also wonder what new players will do to get the Spring Terrace achievement... NOT a fan of the devs making us choose....

I just got on here so will take time to switch all my games...

I just completed a DQ, and the items in the chest were the parts for the jack-in-the-box and the donkey. So it's looking like the Top Hat, Bow Tie, Recipe Book, and Rattle can ONLY be obtained from Spring Room 1.

pclark200
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by pclark200 on Mar 23, 18 6:26 PM
Please put the items from last year on your wish lists if you need them! Most of us that completed last years quests have left over stuff!

miner
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

[Post New]by miner on Mar 23, 18 7:53 PM
You might need inventory from Room 1 but don't forget Room 2 give you 250 coins for each HOS. once you have worked your way through.

So it is advisable to do a switch over and get best of both worlds

Edited on 03/23/2018 at 7:54:51 PM PST

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 23, 18 9:53 PM
Thank you, TiramaSue! I will also switch my room at noon each day.

aMoofie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by aMoofie on Mar 23, 18 9:59 PM
I'm going to select Room 1 from about midnight eastern time, then select room 2 at about noon. It seems as if almost everyone else is doing it at the same time, so I'll do mine differently for the sake of those who play at different hours.

BF was really shortsighted with this one. What *should* have happened was ONE room, not two, and the objects needed for various pets and achievements brought up to date with that room. People could have been given a "credit" toward the setting up their new room, since they'd be losing the stuff they bought for the previous room.

What they've managed to do instead is make it hard for the new people ... which isn't going to earn them a lot of faithful players.

Edited on 03/23/2018 at 10:03:00 PM PST

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Mar 24, 18 12:20 AM
I look at it this way - They have given us a wonderful opportunity to show how clever and community-minded we are.

(Plus, I think it would be boring if it was always perfect and easy.)

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 24, 18 12:37 AM
Last thing I'm going to complain about is them giving us a chance to earn a lot of extra coins during holidays. I loved it in Christmas and I'm loving it now.
Back at stage 61, I constantly need hundreds of thousands of coins, I can't breath in between, so every coin counts and welcomed!! lol I'm pretty sure it will keep this way until the top which is now level 85 so coins is always one of the most needed items in this game, and all their best improvements so far had to do with more ways of earning more coins, imo.
But no, they don't count for the achievement, which isn't so great...
They do drop the items from the original scene, and give a lot more much needed income.
I'm inclined to play them more, seems like most my neighbors are set on the new room, which is find and I get it, but I'm bummed about the achievement. I hope maybe the devs will reconsider adding them to count for it too.

As for switching rooms, it'll probably be messy lol we all come from different time zones. I will change my room to 1 once a day to do the scene, for the achievement, will try doing it before noon gmt, but will switch to room 2 most day as I'm sure most neighbors will rather play it. Hope that helps. Left a message in the rooms. If you enter and find it in one location that isn't what you were searching, come back a little later, and it will be changed. Very confusing and messy lol

[Post New]by Dizydee on Mar 24, 18 12:55 AM
I am thinking about changing my room as close to each new friending time as I can.
Day one
1st friending time -room 1
2nd friending time -room 2
3rd friending time room 1
Day two
1st friending time - room 2
2nd friending time - room 1
3rd friending time - room 2

Thought this might held those who can only play at one time.

Never mind - Just lost my game. Will have to wait to see if I can get it back!!

Edited on 03/24/2018 at 4:22:10 AM PST

PenDancer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by PenDancer on Apr 1, 18 10:32 AM
miner wrote:You might need inventory from Room 1 but don't forget Room 2 give you 250 coins for each HOS. once you have worked your way through.

I'm only getting 150 for Room 2 HOS -- what do I need to do to receive 250 for each HOS?

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 1, 18 10:39 AM
PenDancer wrote:
miner wrote:You might need inventory from Room 1 but don't forget Room 2 give you 250 coins for each HOS. once you have worked your way through.

I'm only getting 150 for Room 2 HOS -- what do I need to do to receive 250 for each HOS?

Keep playing them until you've received all the stars (in the HOS score page), that gets you to the maximum of 250 coins.

Go to: