Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action!

[Post New]by starsparkle27 on Jul 29, 10 11:24 PM
hello big fish game lovers like myself. I just wanted to take some time and maybe see if I could offer some advice on risha's botique. the easiest way to get through those levels is to do it in relaxed mode. the reason for this is so that you'll have plenty of time between searching for the items and collecting money you can take all the time in the world to finish a level. I know because like most of you I got stuck on day 12 and nearly threw in the towel what helped me was buying different outfits one at a time so as not to confuse my eyes. I noticed that if the customers had variety I was less likely to run out of items last but not least buying the wrap o matic keeping it and upgrading it as far as it could go helpled a lot as well as always making sure that at the beginning of each level to have the hint helper

i hope this information helped some of you out and good luck

starsparkle27 :

[Post New]by TONYA037 on Jul 30, 10 10:09 AM
Although I am a fan of cake mania. I don't really care for this one. early on the cakes take too long, the difficult customers come too frequently and she moves quite slowly. I'll pass on this one!

[Post New]by hollykfromga on Jul 31, 10 5:21 PM
I like the cake mania games and own all of them, but I will be skipping this one. Like others, the way she was presented as a pregnant lady left much to be desired. In all of the drawings she appears to be in a grouchy mood. The only time she looking like she is NOT in a foul mood is when she is actually working!

Made it through about 45 min of the demo, I didn't see enough of a difference in this game vs. the previous ones to justify buying it. Will probably just upload one of the old ones again if I get in a cake-mania mood.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 1, 10 9:40 PM
I never was much of a Cake Mania fan since trying one of the first ones that had come out. I tend not to like the TM games where you have to assemble the food too much (such as multi-layer cakes, etc). However, that's just one portion of this game. True, it is the biggest portion but there is also a clothing boutique which plays very similar to a hidden jewel of a game, Shop-n-Spree (though that is much more relaxing than this is!) and is one of my favorite games of all time. You get to play Jill baking cakes, Jill's fiancée (or is it husband?) baking cakes, you get to sell clothing as Jill, and apparently there was a pizzeria too (I was having too much fun with the clothing boutique to try it out). Talk about breaking up the monotony... because of that, I give this game high marks. Nice graphics, well made classic game, loads to do and 60 levels of just cake baking ALONE. I saw 25 of the clothing boutique; no telling how long the other segments are but those already mentioned give this game great length & replayability. Four stars!

[Post New]by Outbackdarling on Aug 10, 10 4:56 AM
OMG i am so much trouble in the bakery...those giys on fire are killing me...i just can't get past the level... Any ideas on how to beat those guys...the TV don't help and the husband is so slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

nelly153
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by nelly153 on Aug 17, 10 3:46 AM
I have bought cake mania in the past and then not played for some time. I bought this one, and now remember why I dont play the earlier ones. I find it gets very repetitive and boring. There is no real variation to what you have to do, just wait for cake, ice, top it and serve.

I love other time management but I want some interest to what I am doing and this just does not give me that. Not finished playing and wont, sorry not for me, wish I hadnt wasted my credit on it.

pinkorbit
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by pinkorbit on Aug 17, 10 7:17 AM
i enjoyed this game! i don't understand how people can be offended by a silly game, lol. it's not like it's about dead things or blood or as dark as some of these HOGs seem to be and some of jack's comments made me laugh, because they reminded me of how my DH was when i was preggers.

of course jill is slow at first, she always is, and this time she's pregnant. once you get jack, use your upgrades! don't forget to click on his shoes! instead of the cookie maker and phone, go for the tv.

i do agree that 60 levels of bakery is a bit much; would've been nice to see the sushi place or something.

dogden2
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by dogden2 on Aug 21, 10 5:49 AM
i like all the cake mania i don't know what you people are talking about i love it. i guess you people don't know where the skip is. i did. and she sleep in the same bed with her husband after he broken things. it remind me of home improvement. The lady who play his tv wife said she would dump her husband if he broke things. i needed and was happy there was 60 days.

ealbonico
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ealbonico on Aug 24, 10 11:06 AM
I am a big fan of Cake Mania. One thing....a little disappointed with this game. I thought that they would have more shops. I do not like the clothing store at all.

Just an idea. Next one put in different shops, Like maybe an Ice Cream and/or candy store. Bring back the flower shop! I love that one. Also more levels than the norm. Oh I almost for got.... make bigger cakes (more than 3 tiers)

I have not finished the game yet. But would like to know what happens in the next game.

[Post New]by sassyhall on Aug 24, 10 6:05 PM
I like the game, it was on point. I really didn't care for the story line either. Plenty of working women work until they give birth. Some like it some don't, but if you were going to have her work. Then let her enjoy it and then have some bad days in it as well. Except for that, the game was awesome.

Mannolo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Mannolo on Aug 28, 10 1:16 AM
I really love this game, already bought! I could spend my whole weekend with playing..

CakeMania 4ever!!!

[Post New]by Avalonink on Apr 17, 11 9:55 AM
I bought this game sight unseen, because I LOVE the Cake Mania games.

That being said, this game is UNPLAYABLE. Where's the pointer? Why can't I click on anything? I see the pointer sometimes, it's this sparkly half-seen star floating around my screen when I move the mouse, but I wear glasses, people! I can't even get through the tutorial, and there's no setting to make the pointer normal.

Not cool.

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jun 22, 11 1:17 PM
I've tried twice now to play this and the game gets stuck on the story and I can't go any farther. This is a new computer so I don't think that it's the computer. I have several computers and this one seems to be ok except for this game?????

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 22, 11 3:00 PM
Hi NULL!

If you think your game is getting stuck do to some sort of technical issue, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but if you don't want to have to start over from the beginning, you may want to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by tinhtinh on Jul 10, 11 3:07 AM
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/8650/cake-mania-lights-camera-action/index.html?src=frmgameimg&osdetect=true

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Dec 17, 11 9:59 PM
pixielily wrote:First I want to say that I love the cake mania games, except for this one! I found the story line offensive not only am i working a women about to give birth, but then she is sterotypically nasty because she is pregnant.

I tried to ignor the story and still play, and it might of been a great game, but for the first time I could not finish a demo due to the portrayal of women and the storyline.

This is a big for me
you need thicker skin!

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Dec 28, 11 8:36 PM
bought this on my iphone and finished playing it. Lovely!

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Jan 5, 12 12:17 PM
pixielily wrote:First I want to say that I love the cake mania games, except for this one! I found the story line offensive not only am i working a women about to give birth, but then she is sterotypically nasty because she is pregnant.

I tried to ignor the story and still play, and it might of been a great game, but for the first time I could not finish a demo due to the portrayal of women and the storyline.

This is a big for me
You need thicker skin, and yes some women are not the nicest at times when pregnant!

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Jan 5, 12 12:18 PM
TONYA037 wrote:Although I am a fan of cake mania. I don't really care for this one. early on the cakes take too long, the difficult customers come too frequently and she moves quite slowly. I'll pass on this one!
you need to buy upgrades

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on May 6, 12 9:22 PM
This game can get rediculous and can work on my nerves. A good game, just need to back off from it now and again when it gets to hectic.

Go to: