odder
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Build-a-Lot: The Elizabethan Era

[Post New]by odder on Mar 9, 11 3:53 AM
imho all this building games a little bit boring...

i like Magic Life game much more then other
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/11097/magic-life/index.html?src=frmgameimg&osdetect=true

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Apr 11, 11 7:22 PM
Played the demo and I gotta admit, I liked it more than I thought I would.
It becomes rather engrossing. No story line - just a good focus on building.

tiggerg
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by tiggerg on Jun 18, 11 9:17 AM
This is the MOST FRUSTRATING game I've ever played!!!!!! And the rude Elizabethan language just makes me more angry!!!

Sorry, but I was under the impression that games were supposed to be relaxing to play, here for our enjoyment, not to make us want to pull our hair out!!! Not a fan, I own this game now (because, as usual, when the Demo ran out, I was in the middle of a level, and of course had to purchasethe game in order to finish the level), but will NEVER be playing it again.

And now, thanks to BFG no refund policy, I am stuck with another game I won't be playing!! At the very least, there should be a way to trade games with other players, just a suggestion.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 11:07 AM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

CallmeCoors
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,933 Posts

[Post New]by CallmeCoors on Nov 2, 11 9:21 PM
I am a big Build-A-Lot fan and have liked all of the others. I found this one could not keep my attention like the others do. The way they talk is just way too annoying for me to want to continue to play this game. I have tried it a couple of times but have turned it off after only about 15 minutes of play time.

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Dec 27, 11 11:07 PM
bought this and have finished it. Loved all build a lot series although i only played some of them as they are pretty much the same. Still fun though

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 10, 13 8:18 AM
I don't know how I missed this Elizabethan Era game in this fantastic series of resource management games for so long.

Being from England, I loved the theme of the game, set during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I in the 1500s. I found it charming and a challenge in the later levels. Can you play timed mode and complete a level on Expert first time, every time? I couldn't, but that's the fun part - you plan ahead, work out your best strategy, even before starting a new level, and try to finish that level faster every time.

The Elizabethan English and little facts such as the money actually being in Pounds Sterling rather than Dollars made such a difference.

One of the best in this top notch building game series.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 11, 13 3:18 AM
I had great fun with this. Forward planning and a strategy are definitely useful if you're aiming for expert on all 45 levels. It's not often a game keeps me up until 4 am in the morning. I wasn't going to bed until I got expert on that level!
it was also a nice change for me.
ETA I played with the sound off.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 10, 13 9:26 PM
Well I'm almost 3 years late on trying this game because I had never found it available for mac....

I love all of the OTHER BAL games. In fact, they're some of the best as far as replayability. Very good value & fun - all that. But....But but but. ....
BAL The Elizabethan Era?

No. Its really bad. The slowness was one thing that got me. I don't mean that my system was moving slowly or that the game was running poorly. I mean that by design, the workers were moving about on screen at a pace that made me want to yell.

I did not like some of the graphics - found those smallest houses difficult to look at.

I cant believe there exists a Build A Lot game that I not only don't own, but don't like.

The supposed Old English speak did a good job at the butchery they must have been going for. They weren't trying to speak intelligibly, were they??

But that language thing would've been ignorable if just the rest of the game had been better. It lacked all of the appeal of every other Build a Lot game - all of which are excellent.

[Post New]by lw6171 on Sep 17, 13 8:07 AM
I really liked the game until I got to level 13 now I can't pass that level. So it was a waste of my money and very frustrating when you can't skip a level and come back to it later.

Go to: