Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

Re:Post any Golden Trails: The New Western Rush technical issues here only

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jul 16, 10 5:37 PM
limey_scale wrote:When the game is loading at the beginning I get the following error message:-
src/lua_support.cpp(54):can't find control with id: 'trophy_star_1button'. on screen: 'g_main_screen'.
Anyone else having this problem?

I got the exact same thing. I have no idea what it means Why can such notices be in plain English so the lay person can understand? All of us aren't hi-tech minded!

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jul 16, 10 6:06 PM
I decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it to see if that would make any difference but when I reinstalled it, it said my trial was expired! What? I didn't even get to play the trial because of the error message I got. What's up with that??

tlonestar
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by tlonestar on Jul 16, 10 9:26 PM
goofyduck77 wrote:Oh my gosh, I've never seen so much copy past, application file, admin, awem, files, folders, run executions, and on and on. And like someone said, that's wayyyy over my head, and even if it wasn't, I shouldn't have to reconfigure my computer, delve into all kinds of files that I could easily corrupt and mess up if I wasn't careful, and run programs and searches or whatever to accomplish the simple feat of playing a 60 minute demo of a game.
Like I said with the Dragon Wheels game, if it's broken, fix it. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops and do all that nonsense in order to get it to play. No game is worth it, not to me. But I do feel bad for those who bought it, "played unseen." It's one of the reasons I don't do that any more. The fact that this has happened twice in three days on the Big Fish site, of all places, is rather disturbing.

Syrenia
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Syrenia on Jul 16, 10 9:32 PM
I followed fox's instructions, which are actually VERY EASY. Worked, and only took about 5 seconds.

tlonestar
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by tlonestar on Jul 16, 10 9:32 PM
Amen to that Goofy Duck.....I know it's only $7.00 BUT alot of hassle to just get the darn thing unloaded.....had the same as you on the Dragon Wheel thingee....also on the new one with the girl in the woods.....could never get the dog to drop the last article because the program wiped away my last bone.....(Boy do I have a Bone to PIck about that one).......never did get to finish that one......I was getting so excited again about some decent games being presented....beautiful graphics...clever stories.....and now here we go again....Perhaps they will do an up date....I too don't buy without playing the demo....and reading the reviews!! Oh well I feel better now. Good playing!!! tlonestar

mshiv
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by mshiv on Jul 17, 10 12:11 AM
I had my doubts, but Fox 118 is a genius. I did what was posted, and it fixed my problem. Thanks !!

mahbah55
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,025 Posts

[Post New]by mahbah55 on Jul 17, 10 4:57 PM
Fox_118 wrote:I've found a shorter way to fix it, sorry for taking so much of your time trying to follow my long instructions.

Here it is:

1. Copy the following line into the clipboard:

cmd /C rmdir /S /Q "%APPDATA%\Awem\Golden Trails"

2. Press Win+R on your keyboard or click "Start" and choose the Run menu item.

3. In the window opened press right mouse button and select "Paste" in the menu opened

4. Press "Enter" button on your keyboard.

Have a good time with the game!

Thanks for this! I was having the same issue and this fix worked. This is a great game!

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Jul 17, 10 9:29 PM
The problem seems to be a built-in one - downloading from the developer produces the same message - although I had no problems with the beta version. I've noted the 'fix', but feel that a developer does not deserve to sell a game unless its already had its problems sorted, so just don't intend to bother. Lack of sales is what has the greatest effect on quality.

[Post New]by eveoliveros on Jul 18, 10 8:29 AM
mahbah55 wrote:
Fox_118 wrote:I've found a shorter way to fix it, sorry for taking so much of your time trying to follow my long instructions.

Here it is:

3. In the window opened press right mouse button and select "Paste" in the menu opened

Thanks for this! I was having the same issue and this fix worked. This is a great game!

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Jul 18, 10 8:45 PM
limey_scale wrote:When the game is loading at the beginning I get the following error message:-
src/lua_support.cpp(54):can't find control with id: 'trophy_star_1button'. on screen: 'g_main_screen'.
Anyone else having this problem?

me too...and the game looks like a lot of fun...anything to get away from Egypt for a while...lol

[Post New]by sweetpops58 on Jul 19, 10 1:10 PM

Here it is:

This solution worked for me. Thank you so much and well done for resolving this for a lot of us fishies.
Take care and keep up the good work.

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Jul 19, 10 9:11 PM
Thank you Fox_118. Your solution worked for me too. Game looks like fun and it would have been a shame to have missed it.

1mouse53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by 1mouse53 on Jul 21, 10 1:39 PM
I have finished the first part of the game with 100,00 points unlocked mode, trophys , etc. It says I only have 147 badges, how do I get the last 3? Do I have to do the first part over? I want to do the secret mission.

[Post New]by sutton52 on Jul 21, 10 3:46 PM
I have the same error message coming up...but I still dont understand what to do....I need a step-by-step instruction...i am not at all computer savvy.....

ruthann35
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ruthann35 on Jul 21, 10 5:03 PM
I agree with you limey_ scale. I have had problems with both of those games from BF but not on another site that I beta tested them on and I really want to try it again and maybe even buy them. I will see what I get from Support before I go to another site. Just wanted to get my 2 cents in.
Thanks for listening!

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Jul 24, 10 2:36 AM
I trialed & bought this the day it came out & had no problems. wonder why things happen to some & not others

[Post New]by lynnbriggs1 on Jul 24, 10 9:38 AM
i bought this game but i could not get it to run after downloading. it just says exception error. what do i do

[Post New]by Rainbow_trout on Jul 25, 10 7:00 PM
[u]Secret Mission

I have finished the regular game and started the Secret Mission on to get stuck in the Colonies Lodge. I have to remove the newspaper from Bob's sign to continue to the next scene and it wont let me. I have tried both tools in my inventory and neither work. I have even checked out the Walkthrough to make sure I am using the correct tool (which I am).

Any help would be very greatful.

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on Jul 26, 10 12:37 AM
Mac user here.

Keeps exiting to desktop on me when I enter a new area or building.
No message.

Is this just me? If so I will do a re-install etc.
Or have other Mac user's had the same problems.

swatkins1971
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by swatkins1971 on Jul 30, 10 2:40 AM
Hi,
I want to try the fix suggested but I am so dumb I have no idea where to find the clipboard I amsupposed to be pasting the link into
Sorry !!!

Go to: