Re:Tobacco and cigarette references should be banned!

[Post New]by jillfisher on Jul 28, 10 12:19 PM
All you have to do is make a face every time you see an object that offends. I'm a vegetarian and I make lots of faces when I have to find meat products. Then I go happily on with the game!

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Jul 28, 10 12:33 PM
I'm not a smoker or drinker, that being said, games that include cigarettes or alcohol is not offensive to me nor does it influence my behavior. It never has and never will.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Jul 28, 10 12:35 PM
jillfisher wrote:All you have to do is make a face every time you see an object that offends. I'm a vegetarian and I make lots of faces when I have to find meat products. Then I go happily on with the game!

This is just a joke, but your post makes me think of the old saying, " Your face is gonna freeze like that!"...

[Post New]by myxomatosis on Jul 28, 10 12:40 PM
I believe all artwork indicating that females have mammary glands should be banned.

1) Indications of gender are sexist, and WORSE:
2) Might incite the virginal or monogamous to engage in, um, something that ought not to be done anyway except for the purpose of making babies.

</sarcasm off>

Please, game developers, don't let the PC squawking deprive you of whatever vision you have for a game.

And as yet another ex-smoker, I haven't been forced to run to the local ciggie shop by considerable exposure to games with Smoking Paraphernalia in them. Neither have my dog, my daughter (another ex-), or her cats.

Also, the upshot of what amounts to a Sin Tax on cigarettes has had an obvious and very bad effect, and that is the creation of a black market which now is an important source of income for terrorists and other Bad Guys. This is a matter of well-known record. It also is contradictory, because it ends up causing the government to rely on the public to KEEP smoking in order not to lose the revenue.

[Post New]by jillfisher on Jul 28, 10 6:42 PM
One more question on the subject. . .do the images of brooms and mops make anyone log out of Big Fish and clean????

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jul 29, 10 5:36 AM
jillfisher wrote:One more question on the subject. . .do the images of brooms and mops make anyone log out of Big Fish and clean????

Good one.

[Post New]by davegrovecity on Aug 1, 10 6:14 AM
I can only guess you are a Brobama fan. Quit whining. It is after all ONLY a game. Find somewhere else to play and whine

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Aug 1, 10 7:06 AM
Yikes...get over it. We are grown ups here...dont let YOUR kids play games that YOU think are not appropriate. (by the way, I agree that nobody should actually smoke in real life.

fancyfish
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by fancyfish on Jun 21, 11 10:00 AM
I agree that people need to stop blaming games for their own desires or actions. Anything could technically be offensive to someone out there. Don't take away the enjoyment or richness of a game for other people just cause some people are offended by the drop of a hat. And yes, if you don't like a game or don't want your kids playing it, don't play or don't let them play it. I guess I have nothing new to add to this topic except my opinion. If every realistic reference got banned, things would be pretty boring.

[Post New]by MygramaCarol on Jun 22, 11 1:25 AM
Some people smoke & some just run around tryiing to force the rest of the world to "do it their way." Back off. to each his own.

Go to: