Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by soliderboy37211 on Jul 19, 10 10:45 AM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi everyone,

Let's see what we can do about getting those errors fixed!

If you are getting a blank screen or your game is crashing, freezing or laggy, you may want to check for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. These updates usually fix common display issues. <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing and Blank Screen</a>

If your trial has expired there are two things you can try:

1. If you are using Internet Explorer, try switching to Firefox and try downloading the trial again.
2. Try <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=157">Uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager</a>.

If you are getting an "Access Violation" error, this could be due to firewall or Game Manager settings or display issues. You may want to try running as administrator or running in compatibility mode.<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">Access Violation</a>

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>
* under the "Install the latest software updates/Adjust your graphics settings" choose Windows Vista or 7 then scroll down to where is shows you how to run in compatibility mode and how to disable Aero.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=266">Run as Administrator</a>

If you have tried these steps and your game still isn't running properly, contact our technical support team. Make sure to give them the error you are getting or a detailed description so that can better assist you.

You can contact <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home">Customer Support</a> by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

pato5
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by pato5 on Jul 19, 10 11:40 AM
Got the game to work by downloading the DirectX update. Yea. Game works oky

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 19, 10 1:23 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I got an access violation after I entered the house and opened up the drawer with the butter knife, picked up the light bulb and then Windows closed out the game. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I should uninstall and try again...but I am totally exhausted after working extra hours this weekend...tried and bought Elixer and Gatsby...am going to enjoy playing them both. Started out good with this one, too, but then hit this glitch. Haven't read through all the posts on this one, yet, so I don't know if this is a BF problem or something peculiar with my own computer...and am too whooped to try and figure it out. Later, maybe.

This is exactly the same problem I ran into in exactly the same spot.

tarbolaez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Error message

[Post New]by tarbolaez on Jul 19, 10 1:23 PM
I've gotten an error message too - "Error: Access violation at 0x02D0EFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated" I don't understand why it happens with some games and not others. I am running VISTA. I was told to make sure that WIndows update was up to date - CHECK, make sure that DirectX is the latest - CHECK, make sure that my driver for my video card is up to date - CHECK. I also uninstalled and reinstalled, ran Check Disk and defragged my system. I tried turning off the fire wall and running the Game Manager as administrator. This may just be another game that I cannot play. I was able to play Elixir - no problems what so ever. I just don't get it. Any ideas?

katinhat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by katinhat on Jul 19, 10 8:11 PM
I can,t make the hands on the clock work.

[Post New]by puddin75 on Jul 20, 10 6:35 PM
galphimia wrote:Unable to play even the demo:
Error: Access violation at 0x7C924D6E ( tried to write to 0x00040FFG) program terminated.

I am getting this same error code on my computer, have tried to dl twice and still getting error, cannot play the game. Is anyone at BFG seeing these posts and trying to fixt this?

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Jul 20, 10 7:14 PM
My game down loaded and played just fine until I got to the billiard table, the snow globe did not go to my inventory and now i'm stuck. I can't do anything. I tried leaving game and going back but nothing happened. I hope there's a solution because I really don't want to start from the beginning again. ugh!!

petd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by petd on Jul 21, 10 6:16 AM
katinhat wrote:I can,t make the hands on the clock work.

I have the same problem!!

petd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by petd on Jul 21, 10 6:27 AM
katinhat wrote:I can,t make the hands on the clock work.

Hi, you have to use the butter knife to open the drawer beneath the clock, found the light bulb, then place it on the lamp in the bedroom. It showed 120, that means the time, you then go back and the clock will work. Try it.

[Post New]by nonay417 on Jul 21, 10 11:44 AM
ChristmasEve wrote:I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. After it had loaded and switched back to the game manager it stated trial expired. That's the second game in a row that has done that. Anyone else having this problem?

I am having the exact same problem....

[Post New]by Tiffers on Jul 21, 10 1:13 PM
I am having the same problems as Christmas eve
I have reloaded the game and still won't play
Very frustrating!

[Post New]by WolfLadyII on Jul 21, 10 1:37 PM
I just got this game and it is not working correctly. I have gotten through one screen and now it is stuck in the front door. I have not instructions and it lets me go basically no where. I have no items to collect, etc. It keeps jumping me into the house and back out of the house. It appears that this one is a waste of my money. I don't appreciate that in the least.

Clay8720
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by Clay8720 on Jul 22, 10 8:14 AM
No access or violation errors here, but all I get is the three differient splash screens, Big Fish being the 3rd, then a blank screen, then jumps right back to the Game Manager saying I have 60 minutes left and do I want to play again?, even tried clicking the "play again", same thing happens.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing everything, nothing works and I have a software program that maintains everything in my computer up to date on all drivers, etc. So I know for a fact that IS NOT the issue here.

There is just something inherrently wrong with this gams start up and ability to run.

I have over 35GB of HD space and even though my system is older and running Windows XP Home Edition, everything is up to current standards as they are.

This is also the very first time I've ever had an issue with a Big Fish Game.

BTW: it won't run on my wifes' laptop either and her laptop has Windows XP as well, it also has 2GB of memory and she has plenty of HD space too. I thought maybe my computer was the problem, but it seems that this particular issue is affecting a LOT of folks.

Sure would love to play (try out)this game, but can not get it to work no matter what I reconfigure or do.

Edited on 07/22/2010 at 8:16:13 AM PST

Clay8720
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by Clay8720 on Jul 22, 10 8:25 AM
BTW: it now tells me I have 59 minutes remaining, apprently it has deducted 1 minute from the total just for showing the three splash screens. TIME (if the game worked) SHOULD NOT START from the splash screen, but from when the game actually LOADS and ACTUALLY STARTS!

I'll be sending this one to the trash can and doubt I'll try it again, unless I see that it has been fixed! I have BOUGHT over 22 games from Big Fish and this is one I'm glad I opted to "try before I buy", because I'd be royally p.o.ed if I had purchased this game and then this happened, because then I'd be stuck with a NON-WORKING game!

Another good reason for doing a "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY" for me!

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Jul 22, 10 11:28 AM
SECOND game today I downloaded and had problems with. Vampire causes my system to lag, and I keep losing curser. What's going on? I am going to delete this game as well as last one and do a system restore if I have any other problems and avoid BFG for the day. another lost sale!

Clay8720
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by Clay8720 on Jul 22, 10 12:34 PM
Just for the record, I also tried to load and run this game from both the desktop icon and it's own directory WITHOUT using the game manager, neither worked, same thing, 3 splash screens, blacked out blank screen for about a half-second and then, of course, these games auto-load the BFG manager, which I do not understand that, if I am playing the game OUTSIDE the game manager, why would they load it at the end or when the game exits? But it seems all their games do that, something I am not at all fond of, and think should not happen! Why? Because I may be starting another program to do something else on my system when the game manager pops up asking if I want to "play again". well duh-uh, NO, I don't! Once I exit a game, I'm out of it until I want to load it up again. So I think Big Fish games needs to add an option for DISABLING this annoyance, as it is, this is a very annoying thing to me, having something pop open when I had already CLOSED it when starting to work on something else!

Edited on 07/22/2010 at 12:38:56 PM PST

nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Jul 22, 10 11:58 PM
I had an issue with the voice over part of the game. It would be going along fine and then they would just stop talking in the middle of a sentence. It would also skip bits of the dialogue. No idea how to fix something like this as the rest of the game played fine. And no, nothing wrong with my speakers!

LadyReah
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by LadyReah on Jul 23, 10 12:43 PM
Game plays fine on one of my computers, but the other one it does the 3 splash screens and then goes back to the game manager. Both of my computers are XP w/ SP3. I have tried all the troubleshooting tricks and updates and still have the same problem.

I chatted with tech support and they say that they do check the forum for issues but that it would be helpful if those having issues would contact them. They need to try to get a Dr. Felix report on the computers that are having issues to help them figure out the problem.

XXXXXXXXXX: Would it be advantageous for me to post on the forum for those having this issue to report it?
XXXXXXXXXX: Definitely! We do look at forums and document everything, though and developers get on there too. For now, though, it seems like it's the issue with individual machines. I would encourage you to post the issue, though!

Those of you that are having problems I urge you to contact tech support.

[Post New]by outawater on Jul 26, 10 1:50 PM
just adding my voice the "three splash screen then nothing" crowd. I have limited computer savvy so all I could do was re-install it three times and finaly give-up. Too bad because it sounds like it is a pretty good game; oh well I guess I'll use my game credit elsewhere.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Aug 1, 10 11:39 AM
I too had the cursor freeze up after only a few minutes of play - had to manually shut down. With all the games out there that run well, will not try again.

Go to: