prochef
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

[Post New]by prochef on Jul 18, 10 3:47 PM
I generally do not put my two cents in to be critical of a game, but this has to be THE WORST game I have ever played. I spent the whole trial hour replaying the food, animal, and munchkin scene, over and over! The objects are nearly impossible to find and all I have now is a headache and eye strain. It is not fun to randomly click on things you can't see and wait for the hint to recharge. I have a game credit I wanted to use, but not on this game. If anyone is thinking about getting it, DO NOT!! I am very disappointed that anyone would even think of releasing it to the public. It is just plain awful.

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Jul 18, 10 4:26 PM
i am soooo disappointed! this game would have had aton of potential if someone would have had an imagination! could you imagine, redoing this game into an ihog! WOW, THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS! so anyway as it stands this game STINKS!

[Post New]by lindala1955 on Jul 18, 10 4:37 PM
no buy.....items ridiculously small....headache in less than 10 minutes...ugh....

Edited on 07/18/2010 at 4:38:30 PM PST

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on Jul 18, 10 4:43 PM
I love HOG games but this is really bad. I had to use hints the 20 minutes I played. I want to be able to at least have an idea of what Im looking for.

kroozkitty
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,144 Posts

[Post New]by kroozkitty on Jul 18, 10 5:08 PM
I only lasted 12 minutes..... bad game....

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Jul 18, 10 5:20 PM
I agree whole heartedly with Lizziek. This game was aweful. I played the whole demo and it just got worse, and I got more disinterested in the game.

I DEFINITELY WILL NOT BE BUYING THIS ONE!!!! NOT WORTH SPENDING ON!!

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

This one gets negative stars...-4 out of 10

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Jul 18, 10 6:00 PM
This gets negative stars for being the exact opposite of fun...this one ticked me off. The first scene was OK...the music will make you bug-nutty, but if you turn it way down it's not completely horrible.

The second scene really finished it for me. "See these silhouettes that could be absolutely anything? Go try to find them in this field of crap that could be absolutely anything. "

Even using hints, I found stuff that I had no idea what it was supposed to be, or even that it existed until I clicked on it. An example was a flower silhouette, I think, which was great because it was a field of flowers, and using a hint I found that it was actually a leaf on a tree. Seriously. Save yourself the trouble and don't even bother to download.

Fawn9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Fawn9 on Jul 18, 10 6:02 PM
Glad to know it isn't just me! I tried this on my laptop (NOT recommended) and thought maybe it was just my failing vision and the small screen. I suffered many a penalty for random clicking just hoping to hit the right thing, because most of the time, I had no clue what I was looking for! I will NOT be buying this game. Most definitely the WORST!

[Post New]by kayakgirl421 on Jul 18, 10 6:14 PM
I, stupidly, bought this without testing it first. I thought my Grandkids would enjoy it. They were all excited. We don't mind the small items, we love a challenge, but I had to update all my drivers to be able to play it. It was fine for awhile, but....AGAIN....the graphics acceleration stinks. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME UNTIL THEY GET THE BUGS WORKED OUT!

sunloving
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sunloving on Jul 18, 10 6:19 PM
I was all set to buy this just based on the title/subject, but after playing the whole hour of demo, I'm very disappointed. When I have to click randomly all over the page in order to find objects, even when I'm doing it for the 3rd or 4th retry, forget it! Not even for $2.99. Hopefully someone will take the same idea but actually make it fun to play.

roxop
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by roxop on Jul 18, 10 6:46 PM
Really frustrating....

Olliesgirl
Shark
Shark
12,073 Posts

[Post New]by Olliesgirl on Jul 18, 10 6:57 PM
Yeah, ditto, ditto, ditto.....couldnt even stick it out for the whole hour demo....eyes stinging, head aching ...... just could not see most of the items to be found, just suprised this awful game found its way onto such a brilliant site like this !!

jsj1231
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by jsj1231 on Jul 18, 10 7:25 PM
was looking forward to playing something based on a classic story--boy, was it awful. besides having almost invisible items to find, had serious lag time on every bit of action.

Wishing for more games not based on vampires or ghouls.

swtndsr2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by swtndsr2 on Jul 18, 10 7:37 PM
I just want to know if BF even looked at this game before putting it out here for us to buy??? How terrible this HOG is........game developer PLEASE PLEASE take back this game and fix it.....this is a embarrassment to a wonderful childrens book!!!

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Jul 18, 10 7:51 PM
P.S. Thanks to Lizzie for a great review. You had the patience to stick with the game for the free hour in spite of the obvious problems. Your review is complete and very helpful because of it. Thanks again!

Noyfb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Noyfb on Jul 18, 10 7:57 PM
I think my hour (not that I made it that far.....I too had to stop to clean noseprints off screen) would have been better spent finding my copies of the entire Oz series (13 in all) and starting to read them once again.

nascatpat
Clownfish
Clownfish
749 Posts

[Post New]by nascatpat on Jul 18, 10 8:00 PM
I kept thinking this game would get better, but it just got worse. The objects were entirely too small, or partially concealed, and much too hard to find. Games, even those that are challenging, should be an enjoyable way to pass time. After the 2nd time I asked myself "why am I playing this?", I uninstalled it!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 18, 10 8:12 PM
ok... well...

first off, i would like to say that i played the WHOLE demo... made it to the emerald city, but not inside... i am thinking that it would have been much harder on my laptop and am glad for 22" monitor which i can turn up as bright as the sun....

there was no timer (probably because i played EASY) but you do get rewarded for spending less time rather than more... in the EASY mode, the hints recharge a lot faster, too, and i needed them on a couple of scenes!

the music does become very annoying after a little while, so i turned it off, and sung my own little tunes from the movie... and while i whiled away my hour, not conferring with any flower, not consulting with the rain... yeah, if i only had a brain...

the game is straight HOG with difference puzzles... one scene to another, just LOOK, LOOK, LOOK... with lots of talking in between... if there were an option to shut off the dialogue, and if the objects were larger but still well-hidden, this would be a HOG-lover's dream...

the story follows more like a board book for children than the actual novel... there's a tornado, look around the house... oh, it's a good witch, look under the house... let's hit the yellow brick road and see the wizard... here's the scarecrow - stuff him, here's the tin man - oil him, here's the lion, mmm...go through a field of poppies... get to the emerald city and... that's as far as i got...

although i did accumulate enough points for the ranking of apprentice, with several other ranks to achieve...

did not have issues with controls, no lagging, no flashing, no crashing... unfortunately, the graphics didn't warrant a crash from my system... again, something i would probably think of seeing in a children's book... a book where my niece would point at the people and tell me they were ugly...

so, i earned a gold star for getting as far as i did, but this game owes me many, many, many more...

marymaltese
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by marymaltese on Jul 18, 10 8:14 PM
Did not enjoy - agree with others. Bad graphics and boring deleted game after 10 minutes. Just saved some money- Hope good game comes along to make up for this one!

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Jul 18, 10 8:20 PM
Oh my. Not good at all. Better step it up if you're gonna entertain us fishies!

Go to: