obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by obrien60 on Jul 22, 10 8:08 AM
I really like this game, but will never buy a CE again without some idea of how long it is. No walkthrough so it is impossible to tell. I don't want wall paper and art either. Not ever.

sigh.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jul 22, 10 8:18 AM
Great game!! Just what the doctor ordered after the "drought"...lol. A must have for my collection. I love it. Thanks, BF and developers

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jul 22, 10 8:28 AM
To BFG!!!
I have not read that one person is interested in the wallpaper and and art.
What are we supposed to do with it??? Unless you are an art expert and get a thrill out of looking at the art, it just sits there having no use whatsoever.

How about giving us something we want, like one or more extra levels of 'the game'.

Maybe this should be a 'new discussion created'

What do we want besides the wallpaper and the art?

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 22, 10 8:44 AM
obrien60 wrote:without some idea of how long it is. No walkthrough so it is impossible to tell.
obrien, you can check the Strategy guide under Extras: 8 chapters plus the Bonus game. Depending on how far you got during the demo, it should give you an idea about your playtime.

sinshack wrote:When someone who purchased finishes, could you let us know how much time the bonus sceens take? An extra 5 HOG sceens and interactive play sounds great, but not if they only take 30 minutes. I'm hoping for at least an extra hour of play to help justify the extra bucks.
sinshack, will answer that outside the Reviews thread.

stapyhar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stapyhar on Jul 22, 10 8:52 AM
Hi...what's the name of the earlier game?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 22, 10 8:59 AM
well.. i have just DL'd and am seriously wondering if i should jump in... wondering if the same thing will happen here that happened with puppetshow...

see, i really enjoyed the first and thought i would try the CE just to get a peek at the game... then wait and buy the regular if i liked it... but i got really into it and the artwork was amazing, so i just said - gotta have it!!

so now i'm sitting here wondering if i will fall down that well again... i enjoyed 'house of stone' and did go black and play it again... i often do with games i have enjoyed... i know i don't need the CE but i really want to see what this game has to offer, and it sounds like it's going to be better than the first from all the reviews... hmmm...

for all the comments about extras... i love extras... i'm the person that watches the film with the commentary ON, watches every behind the scenes feature, and will also probably change the language option at some time during the film... are these options necessary? no, but they're a whole lot of fun and interesting and even downright educational... will everyone use them? no, but for those of us who sink our teeth into every extra bite we can get from something...

yeah, i'm getting the CE... i can already tell...

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Jul 22, 10 9:07 AM
biomix wrote:To BFG!!!
I have not read that one person is interested in the wallpaper and and art.
What are we supposed to do with it??? Unless you are an art expert and get a thrill out of looking at the art, it just sits there having no use whatsoever.

How about giving us something we want, like one or more extra levels of 'the game'.

Maybe this should be a 'new discussion created'

What do we want besides the wallpaper and the art?
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!! EXTRA LEVELS ARE WHAT I WOULD PAY EXTRA $$$$ FOR,

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jul 22, 10 9:26 AM
Hi stapyhar and welcome! The name of the first game is Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone. You can find it here and it's not a CE .

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Jul 22, 10 9:43 AM
This looks great...

Trying to decide to buy now or wait for the SE.

Decisions...decisions.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Jul 22, 10 10:00 AM
Really loved the first one but I'm going to wait until the standard edition comes out. I, like many other fishies, refuse to buy Collector's Editions. It is just not worth it to me for the "so called" extras. With so many good games out right now (just finishing up Elixir of Immortality) and a list of others I want to try, I think I will have enough to play and enjoy until the regular (and much less expensive) version comes out.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 22, 10 10:08 AM
ok... i'm back... and slightly disappointed....

after spending 45 minutes with the game, i'm halfway through and have encountered some weird glitchy things...

got stuck in the tavern when the barman said he was going to give me a piece of the amulet, he just stood there - game freeze! backed out, went back in, had the piece in inventory, but really dislike the interruption in game play...

gave the monk the prayer beads... was able to retrieve amulet piece without a hitch, but the monk came back - ???

was able to knock over the bicycle, though... to what use, i have no idea, but i thought it was funny... who would've thought that random acts of vandalism in a game could make me happier than the progress of the game itself?

anyway... i am simply finding no challenge with this game... just not feeling it... in fact, the biggest thing i'm looking forward to right now is seeing how many mirrors i can collect... i'm up to almost twenty, so with my last 15 minutes... i think i can break that...

to echoes and shadows

chruke
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by chruke on Jul 22, 10 10:14 AM
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SEQUEL FOR SOOOOOOO LONG. BOUGHT IT WITHOUT PLAYING DEMO. THE FIRST ONE IS MY FAVORITE HOG. LET YOU KNOW ABOUT SEQUEL. THANK YOU BFG FOR WHAT I KNOW WILL BE ANOTHER GREAT HOG!!!!!!!

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Jul 22, 10 11:04 AM
brilliant game i loved it, especially after the stinkers of the last few days lol, seriously it was great and now im going to check out the first one

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jul 22, 10 11:04 AM
OLDBAY wrote:Well I have to say after playing 1/2 of the demo , I like the flow of game very welcoming , I am also playing the easy mode for the demo so I can see as much of the game as possible , love the graphics so far there's nothing negative I can think of ...except the price , I haven't had a good game seems like ages ,,at least one that will keep my interest for a couple hrs, & not get bored ..I haven't got stuck , the hint system seems fine to me , as long as I keep picking up mirrors during my adventure ..Not sure weather I will be able to hold out on this one ...I'm really liking it .

Cheers ,

HAS TO BE A GOOD ONE, for OLDBAY to LIKE! . .lol..lol I am SOLD!
MY dear friend

CHEERS BK @ U
PEN

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jul 22, 10 11:08 AM
Thanks BFG, been waiting for this and bought it first thing. Way to go.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jul 22, 10 11:10 AM
I am going to DEMO

For when I beta tested the game..MY CURSOR would not work. The game would OPEN then it would freeze and disappear .

That was weeks ago that I tested it. Some fishie said that the company made the OP for the CURSOR GREAT
for I told them in my review the problem that i had to play it.

C L

PEN

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Jul 22, 10 11:11 AM
I really enjoyed this demo, but as with most others, will wait for the standard edition. I found this game a bit difficult, just had to use some brain cells to figure it out. I had no computer glitches. I was sorry my time was up. Looking forward to reg. edition coming out. Thanks to all who write reviews. I not only find it useful for the game I'm playing, but have found many other games mentioned to try out.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jul 22, 10 11:13 AM
Really enjoyed the demo and I am sure I will be buying the regular edition.
I have no issues with CEs other than I have a very limited budget for
games and a wish list a mile long. The regular edition of this will
be way at the top.

The original Echoes of the Past came out while I still had my
old computer and was one of the very, very many that
couldn't be played on it. Now, I will go and try it on this
'puter.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jul 22, 10 11:13 AM
Really enjoyed the demo and I am sure I will be buying the regular edition.
I have no issues with CEs other than I have a very limited budget for
games and a wish list a mile long. The regular edition of this will
be way at the top.

The original Echoes of the Past came out while I still had my
old computer and was one of the very, very many that
couldn't be played on it. Now, I will go and try it on this
'puter.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Jul 22, 10 11:20 AM
Hmmmm, first they frustrate us to desperation with a week of hopelessly bad games, and then they present the CE edition of a very good game? Of course a lot more people will throw themselves head over heels at it now, after a week of starvation - without bothering to wait for the regular edition - than would have happened otherwise.
Just like when starving lions in the Colosseum were finally let loose on gladiators.

I smell marketing tactics behind this... hmmm

So - the next time they give us a dry spell week, we'll know what to expect by the end of it....

Edited on 07/23/2010 at 10:33:45 AM PST

Go to: