pigqueen
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by pigqueen on Jul 24, 10 9:24 PM
I see lots of folks are having problems with the scene with the 15 hooks. Same thing happened to me. No hook....backed out...screen went black except for the book and the hint box. Nothing I do turns the screen back on. I am very disappointed at the thought that I might have to start again! I played Salem Witch trials twice because of glitches...and I still was unable to end the game! Been to the "Help" page...everything on my computer is up-to-date. PLEASE GIVE US A FIX, BFG!

Edited on 07/24/2010 at 9:25:46 PM PST

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by kermit77 on Jul 25, 10 2:34 AM
Having the same problem with cursor freeze - trial game loads then gets stuck on the opening sequence. Have rebooted my PC 3 times now and it's exactly the same. Shan't be purchasing this one!

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by higgins717 on Jul 25, 10 9:14 AM
same problem for me have tried everything with the hooks so very frustrating and big fish is not available this weekend at all says emails will be delayed.\

anyone have an answer for this problem

thanking in advance

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by higgins717 on Jul 25, 10 9:20 AM
big fish is moving this weekend so extended time on emails. hope we get a fix soon, i do not want to start all over when so close to end. re 15 hooks and getting a black screen and having to use ctrl alt delete to get out of game

Edited on 07/25/2010 at 9:20:29 AM PST

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Jul 25, 10 9:21 AM
Too late .... I bought this game because it behaved perfectly during the trial & continued to work until I made the raft & crossed the river....I then made the mistake of looking at the strategy guide (should have looked at the forum first, judging from what I've just read...) & guess what....the **** curser froze
Looks like I'll be contacting the "Support team" AGAIN.... this is becoming something of a habit for me!
I would have thought that paying $20 would have made this game problem free BUT no such luck it would seem.
Very disappointing B.F.

[Post New]by sandiafilly on Jul 25, 10 10:30 AM
Zigzy wrote:I could not find any way to get the rope at the raft area, I deleted the game and am reinstalling to see if that fixes the problem..anyone else have a problem in this area? I did go back through all the areas twice to see if I missed anything, but no luck.

moojelly
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by moojelly on Jul 25, 10 10:35 AM
glory7000 wrote:I have gotten all the way through to the hidden object scene where you must collect all the hooks. I am able to collect 14 of the 15 hooks. the 15th hook is not where the walkthrough says it should be and when trying to leave that scene my screen goes blank. I am then only able to get out of the game by using task master. I uninstalled the game and then installed it again. Started the whole game over and when I got to that **** scene the same thing happened again. Please help! Thank you.

I'm having the exact same problem!

[Post New]by sandiafilly on Jul 25, 10 10:36 AM
Sorry I can't help you with the rope as I can't get the dry twig leaf from the tree to be able to finish up mixing the potion in the pharmacy, to get to the raft and rope. But am posting to you, because you seem to have gotten past the pharmacy section, Can you tell me how you got the tree branch cut??? Am fairly new to all this gaming stuff, so any help will be appreciated, though so sorry I can't help you.

moojelly
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by moojelly on Jul 25, 10 10:38 AM
i think there's clippers in the garment factory back room. you take those and then cut the twig off the tree where the monk was.

lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lesley234 on Jul 25, 10 11:29 AM
I have frozen on the taven keeper. DL 3 times, But no buy for me unless some one has an answer. I truly am disapointed about all the tech issues. Come on BF help us along here.

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on Jul 25, 10 1:14 PM
I know we should use the help pages, but am just curious if anyone else has had this strange issue. I'm probably 3 /4 thru the game and it, has worked great, now the screen is black with the exception of the menu and book, the inventory and the hint, but when you hit menu to get out it wont do anything. everything else is black...i did a reinstall of the game and a system recovery but same results. as far as I know my drivers are up to date. Thanks

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Jul 25, 10 1:18 PM
Same problem as Glory7000. I beta tested this game and it worked great, no problems. So I brought the game, got to the scene to get the hooks and got all but one ; went to the guide to check where the last hook was located; came back to a black screen with the inventory drop down showing at the top of the page. Had to close game via Task Manager.

Hope this can be resolved shortly.

carleneb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by carleneb on Jul 25, 10 1:20 PM
blood123 wrote:i too am having the same problem with cursor freezing,not going to use stragedy guide anymore,very frustrating,hopefully i won't need it,very disappointing for 20.00

I give up. The game worked well in the one hour demo, but it has frozen three different times. My computer is COMPETELY compatible for this game. Twenty dollars is an awful lot of money to just waste. I had to c/a/d and when I went back to the game it was still frozen. I have even deleted the whole thing and restarted a new game twice. I should have just waited until the game came out without being a collection edition. I have never done it before and definetly wont be doing it again. The heck with this. I am sick and tired of it. This really ticks me off. I am DONE w/ BFG.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Jul 25, 10 1:30 PM
Since so many of us are having the same problem with the hook scene it must be a glitch in the program.

Also I had stated a black screen with drop down inventory; the book and hint
button are showing along with inventory in the middle.

Edited on 07/25/2010 at 1:30:41 PM PST

Cherry211
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Cherry211 on Jul 25, 10 2:45 PM
I gave up playing in regular mode due to the cursor freezing. I started the game from scratch in advanced mode and the cursor works fine.

However, I took the precaution before going in to the Strategy Guide to completely exit the game. Opened the game again and then went into the Strategy Guide. Found what I wanted then exited right out of the game. Opened the game and carried on playing right to the end without any further problems.

It's a laborious way to go about things I know, but it does work.
Cherry

[Post New]by catains on Jul 25, 10 2:50 PM
mystine wrote:I know we should use the help pages, but am just curious if anyone else has had this strange issue. I'm probably 3 /4 thru the game and it, has worked great, now the screen is black with the exception of the menu and book, the inventory and the hint, but when you hit menu to get out it wont do anything. everything else is black...i did a reinstall of the game and a system recovery but same results. as far as I know my drivers are up to date. Thanks

I'm having the same problem! Quite honestly, I didn't even think anything about the hook scene until I started reading these posts, but I'm at the same spot. I also unintalled and reinstalled with no luck. I really liked the game up until that point.

BTW - I'm running Windows 7, 32 bit, but I don't think that's an issue.

I have faith in Big Fish - there'll be a fix soon!

Thanks!!!

Cat

[Post New]by nyxie63 on Jul 25, 10 4:40 PM
Another one here who talked with the Tavernkeeper and then my mouse froze. Un- and then re-installed the game, rebooted pc, etc. No change.

[Post New]by OriannaMarie on Jul 25, 10 7:09 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!

I did not use the strategy guide. I simply had to get off the game for awhile. When I opened it back up, the cursor was frozen. I used options to change to the regular cursor and no change. I was at the part where we got caught by the witch and put into prison.

ayla100
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ayla100 on Jul 26, 10 12:19 AM
Why, why, why? Downloaded free trial - made it to the end of the 60min. then ACCESS VIOLATION - this is the second game with the same problem. If it was a $6.99 game, I would take the chance and purchase it, but not for a $19.99 game. Can't you try and give us two different collector's Edition games so that we can at least purchase one of them. Everything on my system is up to date, so it is not my computer with the problem. Also find out why so many Access violations are happening recently. Thanks

lilhexy
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lilhexy on Jul 26, 10 8:38 AM
HELP!
Im having the same problem as Glory7000. I havent had any problems with the game until this issue and Im toward the end of the game! (grrrr) I get to the part where you need to collect 15 hooks and as soon as i get 14, the screen goes black. I had to control-alt-delete to get out of the game and now when I go back in, it takes me right back to the black screen. I was going to unistall and start over, (ugh) but read that it hasnt helped others. Same thing happens when they get to that level again..any suggestions??? I am very frustrated. Paid $20 for a game that looks like Im not going to be able to finish and I was so close....
Thank you in advance for any help anyone could give me...
Happy Gaming!
Tami
(lilhexy)

Go to: