Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Jul 23, 10 12:01 PM
Just finished the demo. GREAT GAME!! It is clever and fun!! If you are having doubts...then demo the game and judge for yourself.

What I liked:

1. Great graphics
2. Interaction with things you find
3. Lots of "aha" moments
4. Good and fun "Puzzles"
5. Very clever in things to do and where things are found

Did not like:
1. Music...did not fit the period or what was going on. Finally shut it off
2. The demo went too fast...meaning I was into the story and did not want it to end...I was having fun!

I am buying that is for sure. This is a large file game and I think it is going to take awhile for me to get through. When demo ended I had just about finished on the repairs of the yacht (?)...just had to cut the mooring line.

This game made this grams a happy grams. for now...finish game and then I will regrade.

Have fun!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 23, 10 12:17 PM
At first I was not sure whether I liked the fact that the found objects keep being put back straight onto the scene but, once I got used to watching where the objects I found went, I started to enjoy it more. I did have a slight glitch with it though because it dumped me back to the Game Manager while I was putting the co-ordinates on the map even though I still had 24 minutes of demo time left.

The graphics are absolutely beautiful and so crystal clear it is a pleasure to look at them ... please take note other game designers ... and I have actually had the music on for the whole time .

I also like the fact that the puzzles, while easy, relate to the game.

Will I buy it ... yes definitely.

C

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Jul 23, 10 12:22 PM
Fun game. The graphics are so bright and colorful!

This is a definite buy for me!

prochef
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by prochef on Jul 23, 10 12:44 PM
This game is so beautiful to look at, it's like an oil painting. You can see the grain in the wood cabinets and the background moves with the clouds letting the sun shine and casting shadows on things. It took me awhile to figure out about the multiple objects and that that they go back in their place, but once I did, I thought that was clever. Also clever was that you had to figure out how to build things which is unusal in a HOG. The music wasn't too bad, and I like it that there is no voice overs. I bought this the minute the demo was done. Good job on this one!

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jul 23, 10 1:57 PM
Unfortunately, this game is not a buy for me. The theme has a lot of potential but I find the scenes move too slow and the games do not work so I have to skip which I don't like to do. I also had to go to Windows mode in order to see entire scene. Disappointing.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 23, 10 2:42 PM
I thought the demo was fun and I like to have a few of these games in my arsenal for when I want to play something that doesn't require too many brain cells It looks pretty short though. According to the walkthrough there are 5 chapters and I was almost to chapter 3 when the demo ran out. Has anyone finished that could give an idea of length of play time??

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jul 23, 10 2:55 PM
I played 20 minutes of this game and quit. I hated the music and had difficulty finding some of the objects. Good graphics but no sale for me.

irishlou
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by irishlou on Jul 23, 10 3:06 PM
Great game, enjoyed it so much have bought it. Had just reached the yacht when the demo time was up, I did take my time with this one though and looking at the walkthrough I reckon for me this will be a 4 hour plus game. out of 5 from me. Can't comment on the music as I always play with the sound off.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jul 23, 10 3:52 PM
spiritdog51 wrote:Well I guess I am the first one here who was not impressed. I found it rather "simple", the mini games simple too. I played the hour, got to the pipes but didn't get to do them, so I don't know how far along that is.

Graphics were nice, music ok, but a no buy, no interest for me.

You're not the only one spiritdog. It didn't keep me wanting more after the demo was up. I didn't care what happened. I usually love games like this but this one left me cold. Guess I'll have to till something more to my liking comes along.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Jul 23, 10 6:24 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the trial. Have not found anything that I hated, was really disappointed when the hour was over. Definate buy for me.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jul 23, 10 7:44 PM
I agree with all the positives that have been said about this game. However, when my demo hour was up, I didn't really feel compelled to find out how things turned out. Yes, this game was much, much better than the 3 previous HOG games that were offered, but not as good as some others that have been offered over the past few days. I will put this on my list for when I have a credit, need to fill up a punchcard, or when there is a sale.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 23, 10 8:23 PM
Coronagold wrote:I'm the mayor of Bell CA, therefore I can afford this game.

oh, no, you didn't...

fstar
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by fstar on Jul 23, 10 8:31 PM
Coronagold wrote:I'm the mayor of Bell CA, therefore I can afford this game.

I am the "QUEEN" of my Castle (home) so I too can afford this game.

mrspeel99
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by mrspeel99 on Jul 23, 10 8:58 PM
peeshee_1951 wrote:
spiritdog51 wrote:Well I guess I am the first one here who was not impressed. I found it rather "simple", the mini games simple too. I played the hour, got to the pipes but didn't get to do them, so I don't know how far along that is.

Graphics were nice, music ok, but a no buy, no interest for me.

You're not the only one spiritdog. It didn't keep me wanting more after the demo was up. I didn't care what happened. I usually love games like this but this one left me cold. Guess I'll have to till something more to my liking comes along.

After reading all the positive posts, I thought I was the only one who found this game a big .....it just didn't have the "wow" factor for me and I agree with the above quoted posts. I found the mini games pointless and game just bored me. no buy

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 23, 10 9:04 PM
the first thing i like to check out in a game are the options... not much to see here, but you can turn off the custom cursor - a plus in anyone's book!

i opted to play without additional help, and skipped the tutorial, but found the game very easy to navigate - pretty much because i was told what to do at every turn anyway...

the hints are really something *crazy* - i mean electrical charges zapping across the screen - and they may take a little while to recharge, but hey, that's pretty cool, right?? whoa...

the music and background sounds are always appropriate and ambient enough to not interfere with game play...and the graphics... WOW the scenes are just great to look at... in fact, some of the backgrounds could've made some amazing wallpapers, huh??

my favorite thing about this game: the hidden object scenes actually start to look better once you start digging around... the object of the scene is to clean it up, fix it, make it look civilized... even in the nautilus, this holds true... the further you progress in a scene - the more together everything is!

what a novel concept

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jul 23, 10 11:06 PM
A high quality HOG game. I do not care for HOG games. My favorites are adventure games. I find HOG games very boring. HOG games put me to sleep.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jul 24, 10 12:45 AM
It was a buy for me practically from the "git-go". My only negative is the music which I turned totally off. My favorite aspects of the game are the assembly puzzles. It's amazing what this old senior citizen brain is figuring out how to assemble, lol. This game is a winner in all respects. With the hidden object sillouette outline, I've only had to resort to a hint maybe 3 times.

I'm taking my time with this game because it's just beautiful to look at, a pleasure to play and I want to enjoy it to it's fullest. Yes this old "adventure gamer" is impressed and loving a HOG for once.

It's a good game to fill that punch card at the end of the month

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Jul 24, 10 1:37 AM
I'm on the fence with this one-I do like the novelty for a HOG that you're actually putting things back in their correct place-It's a nice twist. Have to agree with the others here who didn't like the music-I turned it off. Nice graphics, and it seems like a nice length too. Might pick it up to fill out a punch card-really enjoying the nice stretch of good games this week

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Jul 24, 10 1:41 AM
I was thrilled to see a "non-dark" game, but I am disappointed. The load time was so slow, it drove me crazy. The minigames required tedious placements of too many parts and pieces, which was boring and frustrating to me. The graphics were not as crisp and clear as they could have been. My cursor was "laggy" on this one. I did not like having the objects I had found placed back into the scene; I thought that was confusing. I just finished the demo, and I don't think I will be buying this one.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 24, 10 4:15 AM
I am the mayor of Bell CA, and I approve this message.

Go to: