gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

Re:The BFG forums are closing down!!!

[Post New]by gripes on Apr 16, 18 5:52 PM
gamewise has a castle page and a forum .. we'd have to get use to the different set up check it out gamewise...

I just did a bing search....

there is also a site called casualgames with a castle page and open forum...where we can gather that is a bit more similar to this one... someone go check them out ...

get opinion's from the rest of us and lets get started..

BF i'd never ever think to be disloyal to this site...and I do mean i'd not ever have thought to... this is devastating to say the least....I come to this site every am first thing to check out the new game and to read reviews ... ahhhhhhhhhhh.. now where will I go first thing in the morning....

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Apr 16, 18 5:53 PM
I can foresee alot of big fish game members dropping out of their memberships and going elsewhere now...by this announcement today, i sincerely doubt that BFG cares about losing members, it's inevitable....I don't know what kind of reaction they expected to see from the public....very sad.....as cbtx said, I believe as well that it is foreshadowing.....time to move on....good luck to everyone....

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 16, 18 6:00 PM
Hello Everyone,

There have been some thoughtful topics of discussion and I wish I had some great answers for them, as they are very important issues for our players and the Forum Moderation Team. However, before I go into that, I want to clarify a bit on our Support Team and how they can assist our players.

Our Support Team also provides feedback, criticisms, and suggestions to the appropriate teams. They even are better equipped to do so, as they have the tools necessary to provide specific in-game details regarding a current issue or event. While we definitely understand the concern, players will be free to report specific technical issues as well as their suggestions and concerns to our teams. They will be provided to the appropriate teams for their investigation or discussion.

As for the other concerns regarding new players and the up-keep of content, I wish I had a better answer. You are right that these are some strong impacts to our player base and that after April 30th, players will be unable to edit their previously provided content in the forums. While it will be read-only, this means that the strategy guide and other player-created resources will be unable to be updated.

Players can use our Facebook page for some of those concerns, but understand this isn't feasible for all of our players. We are seeing players creating their own community spaces, and we also recommend players take the time to contact their friends and acquaintances in the forums via Private Message, should you want to share contact details.

Players sharing those private details in private, may be helped with our workarounds below:

Having trouble posting about levels? - September 27, 2016

We also recommend players spell out the at symbol and the dot that occurs in an email address, as this may unintentionally be filtered by our forums. Thank you all for your time and for respectfully sharing your concerns, frustrations, and questions regarding this decision. Thank you all for that, from the bottom of my heart.

We know this will be a trying time as everyone makes the changes and connections necessary. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our active Moderators personally if there are concerns, questions, or otherwise. We're happy to help out as best we can, and will always listen.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 6:01:22 PM PST

cindykat325
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by cindykat325 on Apr 16, 18 6:06 PM
gripes is right, there are 2 forums out there:

Hopefully I can post the info here without it getting edited or removed. I know there are rules about website info in the forum but it's not like we have much choice!!!

casual game guides .com has one that seems to be a lot like what we are used to without the PM function

something called Neoseeker has one too - it's empty, also has no PM function

OH I'm so sad - just found out we have a Wiki site too - it says "Midnight Castle has a vigorous and friendly community on the Big Fish Games forum. Both the PC and iPad players share the forum even though each version of the game is separate from the other. " not anymore

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Apr 16, 18 6:31 PM
All,

I've created a new thread suggesting the site Tumblr to create a new community. Check out my description in the thread and see what you think. It's the first site I could think of that might meet our needs, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Astra

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Apr 16, 18 6:33 PM
I know most of the questions I have are probably already posted, however I hope BFG will tell us in simple to understand How......

1. We find new friends....especially new players

2. If our games go down how will this be reported and how are we to let the people on our friends list know what is going on.

This is just unbelievable....I know we are not all Seniors, but it sure seems like Senior Abuse.....as well as Friend Abuse.....

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Apr 16, 18 6:56 PM
Saddened by this news. And just How are players to Find friends for that component of the game. I tried finding friends on FB when I had been playing awhile. I found it clickish and not helpful. That has never been the case on the forum. Will the moderators even be available if there is a problem of any kind. I can see how announcements would be handled but time will tell if they get seen before they are buried. So much ongoing wisdom, encouragement about the game and life in general will be missed.

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 16, 18 8:04 PM
And I was having a fairly decent day today. HARUMMMMPH!

I assume that although the Forum & PM Posting ability is going away April 30, that the link to BF Customer Support at the bottom of each Game Forum page will still be the way we contact BFCS for support if our games crash/Content Updates are wonky, etc. for ANY/ALL of our BFG Games, Standalone or FTP.

Assuming there will actually BE Content/Level Updates.

Would any Mod who is swimming by please confirm how we contact BFCS for support AFTER the Forums are fixed and static???

In Memoriam, Midnight Castle Forum, you are LOVED and will be MISSED by sooooo many . . .

WAAAAAAHHHHH ~ Dhyani

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 11:25:59 PM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Apr 16, 18 8:09 PM
One more content update could easily close the story with a nice "happily ever after" conclusion.

Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 16, 18 8:10 PM
playingthegame wrote:Absolute disaster!

PTG, copy all of the Special Room and send it to me as a word document.

I'll start an MC forum in Delphi and return in full bedazzled splendour!

Cheers,

Jenifer

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 16, 18 8:18 PM
If we are all to report our game problems and concerns to customer support, they will be so swamped when there is a connection problem or a game glitch that it will be weeks before everyone receives a response. IMO Customer Support as the only means of expressing game concerns is extremely staff inefficient and costly. Without an investment in increased staffing, there is no possibility that BFG can maintain a high quality customer experience.

Even if you are not logged into Facebook, it is collecting data from your computer and heavily loading your device with adware and browsing habit software.

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 8:23:31 PM PST

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 16, 18 8:23 PM
I am floored! Speechless! And have no idea how this will work without the forum.
There were many times when I had more fun reading the posts than playing.
Where would I have found the friends to play with?
Where would I have gotten all the information and help I got here?

I am not on FB and wont be, I looked at gamewise and do NOT think it can take the place of the forum, and btw as far as I can see it is not free.

I hope someone comes up with an idea that is both free and”safe”, so that all can migrate.

I feel very pessimistic about the next upgrade which may never come and, as I said in an earlier post, the destruction of the castle may be the precursor for it being discontinued by BF.

I used to play a great game which disappeared from 1 day to another.

Keeping all my fingers crossed,
I should miss you all terribly and want to add my sincere thanks to all who helped, and that includes the kind moderators.

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 16, 18 8:31 PM
And HEY, what will the Mods do with all their free time not editing out illegitimate posts?

Notice I didn't say SPAM, uh oh . . . um, it was the cat walking on the keyboard, honest

And some of these Mods actually play some of the BFG FTP Games, and maybe even some Standalone Games.

Will we see them at one or more of them at any of the new Player-Created \Fora/Forums? whichever is correct

Where are my pink & purple pills . . . MAJOR ANTICIPATORY SEPARATION ANXIETY HERE

(*hic*)

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Darn, I spilled that 3rd drink on my umbrella. OHHHHH, NURSE!!!!!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 16, 18 8:46 PM
G’day,

Thank you all for continuing to post feedback, question, and concerns, we truly appreciate you all, and we will be working to do our best to answer the questions that you have.

Dhyaniland in addition to the link at the bottom of the page, we have Help Centers for our games, through which Customer Support can always be reached. The one dedicated to Midnight Castle can be reached from within the game and also by going to the address below:

https://www.bigfishgames.com/help/midnightcastle

Katijay we’re definitely going to be sure to have ways to let our players know if there are issues impacting the game, through our Help Center might be just one of the options we have. Again, reaching out to our team to let us know what you’re seeing is always an option.

I also want to reiterate that this decision applies to the forums and not the game itself. While I don’t know what twists and turns the story will be taking next, the updates will continue for Midnight Castle

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 9:41:12 PM PST

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 16, 18 9:34 PM
Hmmmm, I tried the link in your post, Mod bfgMurrumbidgee,

The one dedicated to Midnight Castle can be found here and also reached from within the game here (the 'here' is the link in your post above.)

and I get this over and over:

Oops!
We're sorry, but the page you're looking for doesn't seem to be here.
Go back to the Forums Home Page

*sigh*

XX ~ Dhyani

I didn't try it from within the game . . . will do that now and report back.

ETA: OK, it worked for me on 2 games, each on different laptops, from within the game, but not in the hyperlink in the Mod's post. which is still not working.

I've Bookmarked the Support link from within the game just in case. Good thing I have more than one game. If one crashes, I can still get Support by going through a different User/MC Game, and if they all crash on one device, I have another.

So, at least we have options. A small bandaid for the weeping chasm left by not having the Forum

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 9:53:01 PM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 16, 18 9:42 PM
oops!

Looks like I made a mistake somewhere with that link. I sincerely apologise for that. I have updated the post with the address I had intended to link to.

bfgMurrumbidgee

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Apr 16, 18 9:57 PM
This is not funny! This is a bitter pill for sure!

Thank you to all the friends I have had over these last 4 years and I will stick around to see how the real story plays out. Going to need some of this

I will miss you all and the fun/stories/help I received over the years

Fingers crossed something good can come of this

Phantommom (Pat)

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Apr 16, 18 10:21 PM
cbtx wrote:One more content update could easily close the story with a nice "happily ever after" conclusion.

Sadly, that is also what I predict.

Beyond my own, and the MC community's heartbreak over this news, I also feel for all who were involved with gifting us this enchanting world.

I hear the drums in the distance...

:::doom doom doom::: as they send us off

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Apr 16, 18 10:38 PM
What is the reason for closing the forums? Does it mean all BFG forums or is it only the MC forum?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 16, 18 10:43 PM
Gen_1236 wrote:
PTG, copy all of the Special Room and send it to me as a word document.

I'll start an MC forum in Delphi and return in full bedazzled splendour!
Jenifer .... If PTG cannot do this, I can...please let me know.

Go to: