Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:we can start our own free forum ,choose our rules and moderators and name our forum

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 6:44 AM

But, speaking of security - the URL starts with https, not http.

https means secure.

alliebdive
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

Re:we can start our own free forum ,choose our rules and moderators and name our forum

[Post New]by alliebdive on Apr 17, 18 6:58 AM
Can we please have one where you have to register and then be email validated before being able to post???? Unlike the current forums. I have to wade through pages of s*** every day here because the mods are on the west coast of the US and therefore 8 hours behind me. When I was in Australia recently it was even worse. A closed forum will keep the s*** down to a much more manageable level.
Allie

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Apr 17, 18 7:18 AM
I have to say in the here and now.. that I won't join a forum that's more like a pm board then our beloved mc game forum..

I won't be joining the delphi forum either..

i'm pretty certain as the news that bf was sold also sinks in..i am discontinuing my membership...I trusted bf....a professional gambling company looking for gamblers.. and to snag up new gambling addicts .. ahhh no.. can't say I trust them..

anyone else all of a sudden been getting gambling site emails.. I thought it was part of the Russian spam assaults they're famous for.. and kinda actually hope it is the spamming Russian and not the bf's new owners..

varetto123
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by varetto123 on Apr 17, 18 7:44 AM
Gen_1236 wrote:
I just got permission from Murrumbidgee to post the link.

The forum is still under construction, but anyone is welcome to be a part of the process.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle

Cheers,

Jenifer

Jenifer, I'm a member of a few internet forums and would be happy to join once I get home from work this evening. I'm so glad the forum will be continuing, although on a different platform - there is too much of a sense of community here to lose altogether.

Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 8:00 AM
alliebdive wrote:Can we please have one where you have to register and then be email validated before being able to post???? Unlike the current forums. I have to wade through pages of s*** every day here because the mods are on the west coast of the US and therefore 8 hours behind me. When I was in Australia recently it was even worse. A closed forum will keep the s*** down to a much more manageable level.
Allie

Delphi has that.

And there's no s p a m.

Or were you saying another dirty four letter word that starts with s?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 17, 18 11:11 AM
Hi Everyone,

First of all, I want to say how great it is that our players are banding together so the community created here on the Big Fish Games forums can continue on in another place. Our Moderator Team does not want anyone to lose touch with friends they have made while playing, and we are very happy to see all the efforts being made to keep those friendships alive. Whatever form the new forum or community site takes, we hope it will flourish and thrive!

I also want to take this opportunity to reassure our players that this recent decision only impacts the forums on the Big Fish Games site. Our site will continue to release games every day, and new content will continue to be created for Midnight Castle and other Free-to-Play games. We even have several new Free-to-Play games in the works that are currently being tested for our mobile players. Other than the change to the forums, gaming is business as usual here at Big Fish Games. We're happy to continue providing great new games and exciting new content to our players.

If there are additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to one of our active Moderators. We'll be glad to listen and assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 17, 18 11:28 AM
Dear bfgArinelle,
Thank you for your kind message.I hope you & the other moderators understand just how much of a shock it was to all of us to learn of the demise of the forum.We have all come to love this forum & the friends we have made.
I do hope none of the moderators will be loosing their jobs & would like to thank you for giving us notice in advance of the closure,even so I ask you to bear with us as we try to process this information & make other arrangements as best we can.
Whatever the outcome you have all done a fantastic job here on the forum & will be sadly missed.

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 17, 18 1:44 PM
Auntie Roo you took thhe words out of my playbook
I agree and second everything you said, especially about the moderators!
Thank you all

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 17, 18 3:07 PM
amina046 wrote:Auntie Roo you took thhe words out of my playbook
Thank you all

Ditto to what Roo and amina said!!

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Apr 17, 18 3:53 PM
Gen_1236 wrote:
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:
Gen_1236 wrote:
I already have a membership at Delphi forums.

Setting up a forum is easy.

Cheers,

Jenifer

This would be awesome! And, since you already know how to do all this stuff, perhaps you'd be the host?

Ada

Happy to host.

It will take me a day or two to create it.

And we would need special permission from mods to create a link.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Jen...that would be incredibly generous of you to get this going. Looks like I'll be back on Delphi again after all!

I would hate to lose touch with all the wit , wisdom , wailing , and wonder found on the forum. Though I have never "met" any of you...I feel like we are friends who share more that just "stormin' the castle". Life events, holidays, etc. and on and on. Let's keep us together!

Kate / shawkn / Sayadina in game

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Apr 17, 18 3:55 PM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:
amina046 wrote:Auntie Roo you took thhe words out of my playbook
Thank you all

Ditto to what Roo and amina said!!

Put me down as a cheerleader, too!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 17, 18 4:01 PM
Hey Everyone,

On behalf of the Moderator Team, I want to thank everyone who has posted kind and supportive words for our Moderators. This is a difficult time for our players, certainly, and it's those players who are primarily in our thoughts. We want to do everything we can to help keep the friendships made here on the Midnight Castle forum alive, no matter where everyone decides to go.

Please know that our Moderators will miss all of you as well! You've created some really special memories here on the forums, and I know I'll especially miss checking out the delightful story threads you've created here. You're truly a dynamic and amazing group of people, and it's been our privilege to get to watch you turn this forum into a supportive, kindhearted, creative community. From the bottom of our collective heart, we thank you.

We know that this announcement has brought out a lot of emotions for our players, and we certainly support sharing those emotions as long as the manner of that expression remains constructive. Please feel free to PM one of our Moderators if there are ever any subjects or concerns that you'd like addressed in private. Otherwise, we'll continue to keep watch over the threads discussing the upcoming changes, and we'll continue offering our support in any way we can.

Thank you, everyone, for your time. I wish all of you nothing but the best.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Apr 17, 18 4:13 PM
bfgArinelle

Well there is nothing stopping you from joining a new forum as a member having an experienced BF moderator would probably be a great help.

Im sure everyone would love to see some of the moderators that having a working knowledge of the ways of Big Fish after post closure.

Im am sure some of you have formed bonds as well as others here but had to keep everything on a pure professional basis as a moderator.

Just a thought. Im sure others would agree

Let your hair down and join in the fun and all that.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 17, 18 4:34 PM
From the recent correspondence I have had with one of the mods, it seems like it was a big shock to them as well. They, like us, are having to deal with a whole lot of emotions, as well as to continue to keep watch over the forums.

I know that many of them play the game as well and we may even have some of them as friends on our games.

To me, this is like a death in the family, it has been my home for over four years and it is hard to let go. I feel like an idiot, sitting here blubbering over a game.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 17, 18 4:44 PM
That's exactly how it's hit me - like an unexpected death. I've been a zombie all day.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 17, 18 5:48 PM
FreakieFaerie wrote:bfgArinelle

Well there is nothing stopping you from joining a new forum as a member having an experienced BF moderator would probably be a great help.

Im sure everyone would love to see some of the moderators that having a working knowledge of the ways of Big Fish after post closure.

Im am sure some of you have formed bonds as well as others here but had to keep everything on a pure professional basis as a moderator.

Just a thought. Im sure others would agree

Let your hair down and join in the fun and all that.

Thank you, FreakieFaerie, for your post! I've been wanting to do the same but wasn't sure if it was okay to suggest or not. Personally, I'd love to see ya'll join us!

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Apr 17, 18 7:43 PM
how do I find delphi forum

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Apr 17, 18 7:47 PM
PJMatt,

Here is the link.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle

It may or may not be clickable, so you may have to copy/paste it into the address bar of your browser. When there, look in the upper right corner to see a login icon. It will give you the option to log in or create a new account. You will need to supply an e-mail address. It can be one of your real ones, or you can make a temporary one. Most of us are using our BFG Forum names, or as close as we can get (sometimes they're taken).

Astra

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 7:47:32 PM PST

Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 7:52 PM
New MC forum is here

http://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle

I have a lot of work to do today, but will still check my PMs.

Also, if you have any problems logging in...

URL Issues

Occassionally, login problems are caused by members using old URLs to access Forums. Use http://forums.delphiforums.com/my-forums to reach your My Forums page instead of bookmarking a specific forum. You can then reach your favorite forums from My Forums.

Password Issues

If you are having trouble logging in, you may have requested a new password, or been advised to request one. You may receive a message like this from Delphi:

"You recently requested a new password for your Delphi Forums membername. Your current password will remain active until you use the new one ." The new password will be sent to you via email, try logging in with the new password. Be sure to type the new password exactly as it appears in this message, with no spaces. You can also consider using the 'Save Password' option that you see on the login screen, so that you won't need to type it in each time.

If you still experience trouble logging on, try typing your Email Address instead of your membername

Cheers,

Jenifer

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Apr 17, 18 10:21 PM
Wow and wow!

Thanks to all who have posted here.
Especially, you Jennifer.

I do hope our Mods will cross over, as I appreciate everything they have done.

Will sign up , on my next day off. (Delphi)

Sigh... there is nothing permanent except change - Heraclitus

Blessings to all

Crystal ;P

Go to: