Pond Friends Concerns

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Pond Friends Concerns

[Post New]by cbtx on Apr 18, 18 4:04 PM
Well, not to offend in any way, but there is just too much negative info about FB which makes me believe that FB is an extremely dicey proposition.

I got on FB some while ago, and the emails they continuously sent me regarding people ("you might know", "be friends with") that I happily left behind years ago was very, very scary. So I permanently left that sort of intrusiveness behind and deleted my account (and even that required way too much effort).

And now I'm reading that FB was wanting to find a way into medical records.

So, no, I don't believe that FB offers the highest security level there is.

But, if it works for you or anyone else, that's fine, too.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 19, 18 1:43 AM
I have to agree with cbtx. FB keeps sending me people I might want to be friends with, 99.99% I have never heard off.

If anyone can tell me how to only get stuff from family my friends only it would be good.

I do not like reading posts of friends of friends on my page. It well and truly cheeses me off.

I don't think much of their security given what has been happening recently. If they can improve it, I might go there a bit more often.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 19, 18 8:02 AM
cbtx wrote:Maybe a dumb question ---- but why not join both Delphi and Pond Friends, and have the best of both?

Great idea! Best of both worlds

I'll see you at "The pond' http://pondfriends.boards.net/

Just think, some of us fishies have been flushed twice now..

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 19, 18 4:28 PM
cbtx wrote:Well, not to offend in any way, but there is just too much negative info about FB which makes me believe that FB is an extremely dicey proposition.

I got on FB some while ago, and the emails they continuously sent me regarding people ("you might know", "be friends with") that I happily left behind years ago was very, very scary. So I permanently left that sort of intrusiveness behind and deleted my account (and even that required way too much effort).

And now I'm reading that FB was wanting to find a way into medical records.

So, no, I don't believe that FB offers the highest security level there is..

I second this most strenuously! Facebook is tremendously invasive - they have absolutely no respect for private information & WILL mine & sell it.
IMHO, only a fool trusts their privacy to Facebook.
Sorry, but the facts are quite clear.

jasa3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by jasa3 on Apr 21, 18 9:03 AM
I joined fb midnight castle forum and have been getting a ton of emails from them! I have been trying to get those emails stopped through their settings! Not sure if I got it right yet.

I do not like fb anyway or most social media.

Jasa3

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 21, 18 3:08 PM
Mary Cricket,

Please be kind enough to either post here or PM on how to do this on facebook. So far all I can find is public of friends of friends, neither of which I want, Would rather just have family or friends.

Go to: