bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:A SIGN UP SHEET ASKING TO KEEP THE FORUM ACTIVE

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 17, 18 9:44 AM
Hello FishyFemale and minesita,

Thank you for reaching out. I definitely understand being concerned over reporting in-game glitches. If a game isn't working properly, we have a few suggestions. The first is to take a look at the Big Fish Games Help pages; there are some excellent troubleshooting suggestions there.

If the game still doesn't work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be equipped to help you and can pass your information and suggestions along to the teams behind the games. Even after the forums close, Big Fish Games will remain committed to doing right by our customers and helping them however we can.

Once again: thank you. For playing our games, for investing in this community, and for caring so much about the community's future. My fellow moderators and I are here to listen to your concerns and answer your questions. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 9:44:30 AM PST

cinnix
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by cinnix on Apr 17, 18 9:50 AM
Checking into Big Fish site is a daily ritual for me. The forum is an integral part of the overall 'picture' of games being presented. If you were considering buying a new captain whizbang decoder ring.. would you not seek out additional information about the product? reviews? Probably.
I am totally supporting those who wish to keep the forum active.. add my name...

A SIGN UP SHEET ASKING TO KEEP THE FORUM ACTIVE

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 17, 18 9:54 AM
pennmom36 wrote:Let your voice be heard! If you want to keep the forums active SAY SO HERE!

If the forums are being shut down because of financial reasons, why not allow game developers and producers to advertise on the forums? There are so many creative options

If the forums are no longer viable why not have an IM section?

pennmom36
Sign me up
Mary Cricket

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 17, 18 10:14 AM
I have a feeling that BF CS will become overwhelmed with questions about game issues and there will be no resource available whatsoever when we get stuck or don't understand something in a game, basically, we are on our own. Even if they open up a CS specified for these reasons, how long do you think it's going to take to respond to each individual, 72 hours? a couple of weeks, months, Longer?

I personally think I'm going to put my game purchasing habit from BF on hold. I own 1100 BF games BECAUSE I've always felt that I get "peace of mind" when I buy a game from this site. Being able to create a new thread asking a specific question about a specific game, and getting a response almost immediately was one of the reasons I felt confident buying any game.

Selling the company TWICE in just a couple of years tells me something's If one of the worlds largest gaming sites cannot afford (or chooses not to invest) to revamp the forums, then it's just a matter of time before the Game Review feature is discontinued, PCC's discontinued etc. which will cause even more members to leave. Fewer members mean that Membership Fees will increase to cover the cost of lost monthly revenue, and this site will be no different than any other gaming site. Less is NOT More

[Post New]by slittledogs on Apr 17, 18 10:24 AM
Pennmom, I have been a member for over ten years, this is my second post (the first one was to you (ironically) regarding fishies posting sales codes from the day before - write them down people), yet I read them all. Other fishes have provided excellent tips and reviews, but yours, have always been invaluable! If I get no other opportunity to say so, thank you for your help, your kindness and your reviews!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 17, 18 10:29 AM
@bfgBeruna

First of all, thank you for all the years of service you and the other mods provided us

I mean no disrespect, but the only help BFCS ever gives us is "here's a game coupon so you can keep playing" They don't have techies that dive in to fix issues and solve other problems.

Even if they hired a whole slew of techs, that's not the real issue. We want game help as well...where do I find the key to open the drawer? How do I solve the slider puzzle in chapter 4? The hint feature tells me there's nothing here of interest keep moving, what now?

Are we being encouraged to visit another gaming site's forums to get our gaming questions answered now? Because that is exactly what will happen!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 17, 18 10:30 AM
slittledogs wrote:Pennmom, I have been a member for over ten years, this is my second post (the first one was to you (ironically) regarding fishies posting sales codes from the day before - write them down people), yet I read them all. Other fishes have provided excellent tips and reviews, but yours, have always been invaluable! If I get no other opportunity to say so, thank you for your help, your kindness and your reviews!

awe...thank you very much

[Post New]by baglady159 on Apr 17, 18 10:31 AM
I also use the forums every day. I've been a member for over ten years and was so disappointed when Chit Chat was closed but I continued with the forums and with buying games. But with the lack of really good games over the last several months, I've been considering cancelling my membership. Now with the forums being closed, I think my decision has been made.

We can suggest having game developers put up ads and we can suggest charging extra (very bad idea for paying members) but we all know that no matter what we say or how we feel, BG will do exactly what they want to do. I can see BF slowly going down the tubes and I think I'll just use my saved game credits (saving them for that really good game that I've been waiting on ) and hit the road. It's been a good ride and I will miss these forums and everyone in them but I think it's time.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 17, 18 10:50 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I absolutely understand missing the ability to ask for specific gameplay advice. One solution in the Big Fish Games Walkthroughs page. I've included a link to this site below.

Game Walkthroughs

Walkthroughs are strategy guides that offer step-by-step instructions for making one's way through a game. They can be used casually, when a player needs to know where to find a particular item, or more often, like a trusty map. Not every game has a walkthrough, so I realize that this isn't a perfect solution, but many of our games receive one.

I hope this information is helpful. Thank you again for continuing to provide feedback and to ask questions.

bfgBeruna

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Apr 17, 18 10:52 AM
For what I read, BFG already decided to close the Forum.

I spent 8 nice years here, but I guess is time to move on...

Thanks to the Moderators, they did their best to keep things smooth here, and CS.

Good bye my dear fishies !!!

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 17, 18 11:16 AM
I would definitely sign up to keep the forums active! This will devastate many, many people who look forward to the games every day and sharing their gaming experiences. And the key word is "people" -- live wonderful human beings -- who make the games come alive for themselves as well as others. People are the ones who are losing here, and technology (or lack thereof) appears to be winning and taking priority. The reason that Big Fish Games is (was) my favorite game site is BECAUSE of the forums -- because of the human connection we can attach to the games.

In my opinion, when the forums shut down -- that is the beginning of the end for BFG.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Apr 17, 18 11:30 AM
Are we keeping our old posts? I have a lot of them with puzzle and games explanation!
I'll be terrified if I'm loosing them.

And yes, I agree that BFG will be ending, unless some drastic changes.

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Apr 17, 18 11:52 AM
For me as a developer that is very bad! I'm reading game forums and it is a huge source of a customer feedback which helps making our games better and fix issues.
I wrote an email to our contact person and explained how important the forum is.
Igor
FRH GAMES

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Apr 17, 18 11:57 AM
All this is going to do is create a mass exodus, myself included. It's one cut back after another. What will it be next? One has to wonder where the BF business priorities are....surely not for their customers...and yes it is all about money, but do we know the real story here? BF is one of the largest game sites in the world. Honestly, I don't think it is a matter of them not being able to afford to update software or whatever else they have to do, whatsoever. There are other motives involved here. If you take care of your customers, your customers will take care of you...and if you don't....well then you lose their business, which is exactly what is going to happen.

I would refuse to pay any extra for anything and think that with the decline of the quality of games as well as the apparent decline of BF, that many have been moving on for quite some time, as well as cancelling memberships. Perhaps BF doesn't give a you know what, figuring there will be new customers coming and paying...going along with their (BF) program. After all, they know very well how much everyone loves games.

This decision is not going to go over well with customers at all and they should know this and take measures to prevent it. If not, they are sure going to find out....because the majority of members are going to be upset......very upset indeed...to the point of not doing business with them at all, some which will be in absolute protest. It is going to be a disaster....for us, too.

Like some of the hint instructions we get in a game...."I think it is time to move along."

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Apr 17, 18 12:06 PM
I have been with BF for 10 years, and have noticed since it sold, it has definitely changed. I visit the forums daily and read reviews, many times I have bought games that I normally wouldn't have based on these reviews.

I won't pay extra to have the forums open, that should be included free. But I do have a feeling we may be paying more for our games in the future the way BF is headed.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Apr 17, 18 12:08 PM
I don't mind paying extra - whatever it takes to keep the Forum. I rely heavily on this before buying any games and the I love the banter. So, whatever is decided to keep the Forum going, count me in.

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by pamra on Apr 17, 18 12:18 PM
If the forum is closed, I'm not sure I would keep my membership. I'm still missing the Chit Chat Corner you closed. I purchase games based on comments, especially the technical problems. Lately, there have been a lot of technical problems! If there is no reference site (i.e. forums) to find out if my technical problem is being experienced by other players and whether or not they've found a fix, I don't see any benefit to being a member at all.

This used to be a GREAT site. Not so much anymore. Once again, it appears to be the bottom line that determines what customer service means, rather than loyalty to long-time members.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 17, 18 12:29 PM
G'day,

I noticed there were a couple of questions that may not have been answered here in this conversation just yet and wanted to stop by.

Minesita Yes. All of the content here in the forum will remain intact and viewable. The changes being made will mean that no additional content will be added to the forum after April 30.

When it comes to the question of updating or upgrading the software that powers the forums, as mentioned earlier this software is quite old and there isn't an option available to us to do so.

Thank you all again for the continued feedback, we've mentioned it a couple of times already but we are sharing this feedback with the appropriate teams. Our team will also continue to do all we can to address the questions and concerns being raised across the many active discussions in the forums.

bfgMurrumbidgee

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 17, 18 12:39 PM
Thank you, pennmom36, for starting this thread. And thanks to all who have posted here. At the risk of being maudlin, I am afraid, however, that it is just a chance for all of us to say farewell to one another.

Do I want them to keep the Forums open as they are now? ABSOLUTELY.
Do I think they will? No!

I am afraid the sad truth is that they do not want our opinions or suggestions. Nor for the net at large to see all the complaints about game glitches or lack of Tech Support. Economics is as good an excuse as any!

Big Fish Games was the best game site on the net with the best people and best Technical Support, IMHO! To that BFG, I say a huge thank you for many years of great games and fun relaxation! To the BFG that has become just another online appendage of a large conglomerate, well, good luck!

To the many friends (real people as skpjazz pointed out ) I have met here, those who are still swimming around in the Pond and those who have moved on, I will miss you ALL! Thank you to each and every person who offered tips, help and support to me and to all the other real people who needed it! To quote one of those friends (a real person), some of you many recognize this, "Keep your dorsal fin up!

Happy Gaming,
BK

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Apr 17, 18 12:57 PM
Thank you bfgMurrumbidgee !!!,
M.

Go to: