bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 24, 18 10:09 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your patience. We've passed along reports of the boiler room progression block in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition to the appropriate teams. We sincerely hope this issue will be fixed shortly. Until then, we suggest (if you haven't already) trying the troubleshooting steps in the help articles below.

PC Players
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Mac Players
Mac Game Troubleshooting

Please email our Technical Support Team if those suggestions don't fix the issue. They'll happily replace this game for you. If multiple games haven't been working, please let them know.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 04/24/2018 at 10:09:39 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Eddington on Apr 24, 18 3:34 PM
Hi Beruna, If we try the fix suggested and it still does not repair the issue, can we get a refund or credit for the two game credits used to purchase the CE version? I've tried the fix and cannot move the boxes or ladder in the boiler room.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 24, 18 5:19 PM
Hello Eddington,

If the troubleshooting steps the Moderation Team suggests don't fix the game's issue, then our Technical Support Team will be happy to replace the game for you. Please email them and let them know what game is broken. They'll get back to you as quickly as they can.

Thanks for your patience!

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by hooide on Apr 25, 18 5:04 AM
Hi Beruna
Can you confirm that a fix for this issue is being worked on and what the estimated release time is? This is a really good game but i am loathed to start again to work around a defect.
Thanks

cathouse2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cathouse2 on Apr 25, 18 10:49 AM
I was able to get through the boiler room successfully but, like karen2451, in the garden I took the trophy from the bench but it didn't go into my inventory so now I am stuck, so close to finishing.

rsv7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by rsv7 on Apr 25, 18 11:43 PM
cathouse2 wrote:I was able to get through the boiler room successfully but, like karen2451, in the garden I took the trophy from the bench but it didn't go into my inventory so now I am stuck, so close to finishing.

Are you saying we have two major bugs that prevent us to finish the game? I'm stuck with the boiler room bug (Mac version) like many people on this forum and really don't want to play again from the start. Where's the patch?

MandP
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by MandP on Apr 26, 18 9:24 AM
Same issue as all the others who are stuck in the boiler room. Cannot move crates or ladder. Mac High Sierra 10.13.4
Don't want to run through game from beginning.

Very frustrated too!!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 26, 18 9:51 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to answer the questions about a potential update for Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition. The Moderation Team has passed the reports of the boiler room progression block to the appropriate teams. We don't receive information about if and when an update will be delivered, though. We hope that one is made available soon and thank you for your patience.

If you'd prefer to replace this game for one that runs smoothly, please email our Technical Support Team. They'll be glad to provide help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by hooide on Apr 26, 18 11:14 AM
Hi Beruna

Thanks for the update but I have to ask why you will not be told if or when an update is available. I have worked for software companies and any fix has to go through a review and approval process to sanction resources being allocated to work on a fix - if indeed it is given the go ahead at all. Needless to say that approval is given or not - therfore a decision is reached. If the decision is to provide a fix, then it is usually announced to customers that a fix is in development and a target date for the release is provided. This i find helps manage customers expectations.... so i find it hard to believe that no one knows what the plans are for this game. I know this is not your fault but I think its safe to say alot of us are quite frustrated. The original suggestion to restart the game when there are at least two known defects is crazy and not the standard of service that BFG has provided over the years, so i hope this is not the state of things to come.....
If BFG has decided not to put a fix together than i think its fair that people should get a full refund and this this should be an autoamtic process rather than each of us having to apply for it individually.

Thanks

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 26, 18 11:32 AM
Hello hooide,

Thank you for reaching out! I'll be happy to provide some more information about the update process.

Since our games are developed externally, updates are not worked upon in-house. A number of issues can arise during the course of creating a game-fixing update as well. Rather than provide a publication date and have to push it back due to unforeseen circumstances, we learn about game updates only after they're ready to release.

Please don't hesitate to PM me with any remaining questions. I'll be happy to talk more.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Suniii on Apr 27, 18 10:30 AM
dramajunkie wrote:Windows 10.

I'm in the boiler room. Guide says move crates and get ladder. The arrow doesn't even change over them and they go nowhere. Hint says there's nothing to do. It says that in all 3 rooms. I have gone clear back in the guide, I haven't left out any steps.
I can't continue until I climb the ladder.

same here

cathouse2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cathouse2 on Apr 27, 18 11:29 AM
rsv7 wrote:
cathouse2 wrote:I was able to get through the boiler room successfully but, like karen2451, in the garden I took the trophy from the bench but it didn't go into my inventory so now I am stuck, so close to finishing.

Are you saying we have two major bugs that prevent us to finish the game? I'm stuck with the boiler room bug (Mac version) like many people on this forum and really don't want to play again from the start. Where's the patch?

cathouse2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cathouse2 on Apr 27, 18 11:31 AM
Yes, I think there are two issues: the boiler room and the third trophy that doesn't go into inventory after picking it up from the park bench.

But they don't affect everyone: I was able to complete the boiler room with no trouble but am at a standstill without that third trophy.

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Apr 28, 18 8:40 AM
Ok. Just adding myself to the list of those with Windows 10 and the boiler room issue. Can't get past it even trying the suggested fixes. It was a good game up until then but since my granddaughter is playing it and wants to continue, I guess we will try to remain patient until either a fix or a no go. If the forums close, I am assuming we will be sending info and waiting for a response or a fix. Now we won't be able to read the forums to learn of game glitches before making a purchase? That sucks. If this site sells the games, I do think they should get info, in a timely manner, from the appropriate teams as to if and when an update/fix is available.

[Post New]by Fourkids4 on Apr 28, 18 12:32 PM
I'm having the same issues in the boiler room. I'm not about to start the game all over from the beginning. Obviously the issue needs to be fixed so that the game can be completed. Please fix.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 28, 18 1:04 PM
I have completed this game and had no issues, as a matter fact, I played this game two times and no issues. do this in order

1. add Silver, Gold and Bronze Clovers to the bars, take the Chains;
2. talk to your father,
3. touch the crates,
4. touch the ladder
hope this helps

[Post New]by sfjack on Apr 29, 18 9:23 AM
Also stuck in the boiler room. Ironically, I got this game as a replacement for another game with the same type of progression problem. Would really like a fix rather than starting over.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 29, 18 10:59 AM
Thank you, developers, for fixing the widescreen problem for my Win10 laptop. Every time I try one of your games, I don't get widescreen until you fix it. It would be great if, in future, the games would be fixed before their release. Thanks again. Will buy it now.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 29, 18 11:48 AM
Hello Everyone,

We truly apologize for any troubles our players have encountered while progressing in the game. Our Moderator Team continues to pass along the reports on the forums from our players. Although we are unable to guarantee when a fix may be available, information about any future updates will be available through the Big Fish Games app. We appreciate your continued patience with this situation.

For those who would rather not wait for a possible update, please contact our Technical Support Team for a replacement game.

I hope this information helps in some way. Have a wonderful day, all.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by sharon53w on Apr 29, 18 1:10 PM
Same here, can't get past boiler room. So frustrating. Think I'll wait around a few days to see if they come up with a fix. Hate to start over, might later if they don't get it fixed.
Windows 8.

Go to: