nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jul 28, 10 7:23 AM
What fun!! It is like reading a new E book but you get to play too! I think the devs did a good job. The atmosphere is correct and the music (on low) is just right. The objects are well hidden in some cases! I used up my 5 hints and had to keep looking for more little flasks to fill hint up! I loved the opening scene and the voice over...just creepy enough! I thought the graphics were well done also.
The characters were well blended and I was in my second or third chapter when I finished the hour. I know this will be on my buy list!
I say Try It ..you might like it!

Nana

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Jul 28, 10 8:02 AM
Thanks fishies for all the comments. Here again you saved me some time and money!

[Post New]by dodge440111 on Jul 28, 10 8:25 AM
jkuci wrote:I really like it!!

Its a buy for me, but if you don't like to read, you won't like it.

Its a well done HOG treatment as a mystery of the original story of Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Coherent, cohesive with good graphics.

My main concern is that it may not be very long.

rial03
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by rial03 on Jul 28, 10 8:48 AM
Game not the greatest! Hasn't been a good adventure hidden object combo in a while~!

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Jul 28, 10 8:56 AM
Its a no buy for me. I have 17 minutes remaining on the demo and already in the second chapter. It would be a good game for beginners, but I found it relatively boring. Maybe tomorrow.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Jul 28, 10 9:13 AM
I agree with tuttepeever, I WANT TO FILL MY PUNCH CARD, but cant with the games that are being offered.

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Jul 28, 10 9:16 AM
I'll go ahead and pass this one. I've seen the video of it and it doesn't look appealing to me. I'm waiting for the rest of the HOGs coming out this week.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Jul 28, 10 9:42 AM
Easy-peasy, lemon squeesy... And very talky.

The scenes are relatively clear -- the action usually takes place on London's foggy streets so some haziness is justified -- and the objects, while occasinally cleverly hidden, are easy to find. I only used hints when I began to get bored and wanted to get the scene over with as quickly as possible. I like this recent tendency to make the HOG scene look like a Cezanne painting, with distorted perspectve. The same objects appear over and over again; the designers have a real penchant for footprints and coins.

Hints renew immediately and you can add to your collection by easily finding a vial of potion in each scene.

The mini-games are easy and nothing you haven't played a hundred times before.

And is this game talky! Dialogue abounds, most of it unnecessary. Which makes me wonder if it is padding, a way to make the game seem longer. It does make the game feel long -- just clicking through takes a long time because there is so much of it.

The game has a bit of a sense of humor. In the lab scene, there is a miniature dead body hanging out of a drawer. And that just might be a Jackalope on the lab door.

I would not purchase this game even as a DD.

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Jul 28, 10 9:45 AM
Unlike some of the other reviewers, I think this game has quite a bit going for it. The art is good and the story well told. The mood and setting are faithful to the book. For the most part the items that we're searching for and the minigames fit the period [though I don't think we'd find gecko lizards in London].

I think perhaps though, it may be best suited for those who are new to the HOG genre as it is fairly easy. It isn't challenging enough to tempt me on my tight budget.

I asked my fifteen year old grandson to try it for a bit however, and though he's bright he found the game sufficiently challenging to stay engaged, but both of us found the mini games too easy.

It's a shame because with just a bit more effort I think the game could be more to several people's taste. I know the story well, but my grandson doesn't and is interested in the outcome--it's the type of story that appeals well to his age group too. And I certainly enjoy the retelling of a classic when done well. It's just far too easy of a game.

Sheila

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 9:46:18 AM PST

Jude_Rigby
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Jude_Rigby on Jul 28, 10 10:31 AM
Well, looking at the screenshots and seeing the graphics I wasn't too eager to play this game, and after reading the comments that there's a lot of the book in this game I'm gonna pass. I am an avid reader, but I play HOGs to play hidden object scenes not to read a book that I could very easily check out from the library and not pay 6.99 for. So this is definitely a pass for me. Hoping for a new, good HOG soon !

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 10:31:58 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jul 28, 10 11:04 AM
THANKS FISHIES

WHAT a mix of reviews ..... I MUST DEMO it....

I LOVE the story and the book & Movie...

Happy Gaming

PEN

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jul 28, 10 11:17 AM
I thought is was an ok game. Music was ok, objects not too small, very easy mini games, and lots of talking which I skipped over most of them. I won't be buying this but most of you should try the hour demo and see if this is for you. It def is not for me need more challenge !!

[Post New]by dwaldron31 on Jul 28, 10 11:34 AM
Just getting past the opening of the game took forever beginning.I had to finally turn it off.After finding thefirst clue I had to wait and wait so I could point out the second clue.I doubt it was my computer's fault.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jul 28, 10 1:51 PM
Guess this is the second month I'm ONE game short of filling the punch card

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Jul 28, 10 2:15 PM
I agree with most of the other reviewers here. Nice graphics, like looking for clues, not just random objects, but don't like simple HOGs any more and not with disproportionate objects to find. It's not one for me.

Three things really put me off: the loud music, the loud sounds on finding an item - these can be turned off; the third you can do nothing about and it set my teeth on edge, scene after scene. The victim is Sir Danvers Carew, all the characters, who should and would know better, kept referring to "Sir Carew" instead of "Sir Danvers". So much for the developers' close attention to the original!

[Post New]by gamineannie on Jul 28, 10 3:04 PM
Played a whole 12 minutes of the free trial - **** HUM! A standard find the items on the list, with most of the items obvious and not well hidden. Mini-games were boring. The dialog boxes outnumbered play time by 3 to 1 - much too talkative! The only nice touch was the use of my player name within the game. Not gonna buy!

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 3:04:55 PM PST

mrspeel99
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by mrspeel99 on Jul 28, 10 3:07 PM
a real fest. not my

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jul 28, 10 3:47 PM
Not a buy for me - I lasted 15 minutes into the game - way too much dialogue.
The scenes were supposed to be foggy circa 1800s in London but the fog was so thick many objects were not able to be seen - also overall way too easy and the minigames were very simple. No challenge on this one.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 28, 10 3:55 PM
Oh dear, Oh my. Why or why do we get these awful games all in a row?

I got my 6 games from the last 6 weeks or so, which were tremendous!!

But we have had at least a week or more of some real duds. Maybe the good times will start rolling again soon. Keep on hoping! I can think of a couple that are about due to be released, can't you?

And tuttepeever and rhorho, are you both sure you have played all the Dream Chronicles games - the first three - not the last one, The Book of Air - are all here at Big Fish and they are all long, great graphics, and very, very challenging. Mostly puzzles, but not the kind of puzzles I have seen in any other game ever. I guess you would call them "adventure games" but they are not as difficult as some adventure games I've played. And they even have a story line that keeps you interested !! Imagine that? If you haven't, try them out. Definitely great games if you are looking to fill up your punch card. Not a waste of money at all!!

Happy Gaming
cg

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 4:04:05 PM PST

[Post New]by trishinomaha1 on Jul 28, 10 4:30 PM
Not my cup of tea. This is one really basic, basic game - great for beginners but not for someone who's been playing for awhile. This one was too easy even for me. I played for about 20 minutes and deleted. I love HOG and TM games but not this one. Can't wait for the new Diner Dash and/or Wedding Dash game =).

Go to: