MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jul 29, 10 6:37 AM
Excellent. Love everything about this game!!!! Very excited and purchased b/4 demo up.
Music excellent, story excellent, graphics excellent, Well, ya all know what I'm saying. Definite buy !!!!

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Jul 29, 10 6:57 AM
I agree with the previous posts this looks like a great game. My problem I always forget to look for the tapes

Has anyone finished it yet? I am close to ch 4 when my demo finished so it looks to be about a 3 hour game for me.

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 6:58:30 AM PST

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Freter on Jul 29, 10 6:58 AM
I am so excited about this game. I loved Nightfall Mysteries:Curse of the Opera and this game is a vast improvement. It's so great to see a game of this caliber out.

This is a CE game without being a actual CE! Although, I would still purchase it even if it was a CE. Thank you BFG for this awesome game!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jul 29, 10 7:38 AM
I agree with the positive posts for this game. Very enjoyable to play and not easy to tear away from. At least for me it is. Definately a purchase for the Small household. And a game to finish the punch card just in the nick of time before month's end. Thank you BFG!

tipperdip
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tipperdip on Jul 29, 10 7:58 AM
Great game! Seems like you never know who you're going to meet on every corner. I think I jumped a few times when going to different rooms throughout the Asylum. Add this to the creepy music and the general creepiness of the game, and you have a great game.

I knew there was a reason why I didn't like dolls.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Jul 29, 10 8:00 AM
I always know its a good game when i start asking myself
" do you really want to go in there?"

Great graphics.... love the music!

Well done developers!

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Jul 29, 10 8:05 AM
Game

One Really Happy Player

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Jul 29, 10 8:09 AM
I loved the game!! I didn't want to buy a game until the first of next month because I already had 6 for this month, but it was worth it, and it look's like a sequil will be out

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jul 29, 10 8:13 AM
Reviews appear overwhelmingly positive.

I need a new game like I need a hole in the head but I took a chance and bought it anyway, based solely upon the forum feedback. I think I am addicted to IHOGs!

This is the first time I have purchased without trying the demo first; I was not disappointed.

Thanks for the reviews.

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 8:15:51 AM PST

gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Jul 29, 10 8:19 AM
after reading everyone's comments, I decided to buy it immediately without even demoing, (also as I loved the previous one) glad I trusted in your reviews as it's a fantastic game- thanks all for such great reviews.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Jul 29, 10 8:33 AM
I am very much into HOG. This one I am going to buy.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Jul 29, 10 8:35 AM
Here we go again. What's that, Lassie? Timmy fell down the well? Well, sort of. It's another "What's that, lass? Your grandpa is being held at ... by ...?" This time grandpa is not being held at an archeological dig by baddies but at an asylum by crazies. And we have the requisite jack-in-the-box horror story.

Having said that, I must also add that the game is great. The plot is attention-grabbing and attention-keeping; the HOG scenes are clear, non-anacronistic and well designed; and the puzzles are challenging.

There has been some interesting discussion in the Pond recently about HOG games for beginners vs games for the more practiced player. This game is advanced, but can be enjoyed by all. If you're new to HOGs, look at it as a crash course.

Buy the game and make sure to play it in the daylight. Enjoy!

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jul 29, 10 8:40 AM
I'm in total agreement with all the positive comments! A definite buy for me!

[Post New]by mooncat1950 on Jul 29, 10 9:01 AM
This appears to be an interesting game, but please someone tell me this isn't a negative stereotypical portrayal of persons with mental health disorders!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jul 29, 10 9:07 AM
Finally! It's about . I get so impatient and annoyed when it gets close to end of month and I need 2 more games for a freebie. Whew! Was starting to sweat. Thanks for another fun one!

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Freter on Jul 29, 10 9:28 AM
mooncat1950 wrote:This appears to be an interesting game, but please someone tell me this isn't a negative stereotypical portrayal of persons with mental health disorders!

Hi Mooncat,

As far as I can tell, and from what I seen (almost finished the game) there are no negative portrayals of people with mental health disorders. It's more about uncovering the conspiracy around abandoned asylum and solving the mystery of your missing grandfather then focusing on patients.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Jul 29, 10 9:29 AM
Love it. I played 5 minutes of the demo and I knew it was a buy. It reminds me of RTR. The creepiness of the game is right up my alley. Well, I'm already stuck so I gotta go back in a figure this out - - - this is sooooo cool. Thanks . Just what I was waiting for. A big

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jul 29, 10 9:30 AM
yeah finally a good game! will definitely buy this one!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jul 29, 10 9:39 AM
OOOOOH Yeah. A definite buy! Creepy without being gorey. Great graphics, the music really sets the scene. Haven't come across any puzzles yet--unless you count the really cool lock and the items are fairly easy to find and with unlimited hints, its great.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jul 29, 10 9:40 AM
Just finished the demo and purchased (used my credit). Wow is right. Fantastic game!! Graphics, music, sound effects-awesome. I liked the beginning screen when you have to sign your name and click "commit"!! Option menu has a custom cursor and a voice-over button (first game I've ever seen w/voice-over button). Hidden object scenes-no problem with being too dark, I could find everything. Skip available on puzzles. Entering different rooms with some trepidation, 'cause I didn't know what I was going to encounter! Creepy scenes and sound effects-love this game!!!
Mudrock, you never said anything about this game coming out this week. You little !!

Go to: