Re:Post any Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy technical issues here only

[Post New]by marine20 on Jul 31, 10 11:21 AM
Your software has damaged my computer. I have been a great customer for a very long time. I was playing this new game yesterday, and when going to another area of the game using the arrows. My computer went ballistic. Dell is coming to check out the issue. If they determine it was the software, I expect compensation!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by jennymcclintock on Aug 1, 10 5:57 PM
BethWi1946 wrote:I have deleated and downloaded the game three times and still get an error message with a white page with only half the screen. The same things happpened yesterday on the game, finally just gave up and today's is the same thing.
Hope Big fish can fix the problems.

I am running Windows Vista and had this same problem. I downloaded twice and can't get it to work.

rachacha
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rachacha on Aug 2, 10 9:43 AM
peeshee_1951 wrote:I guess I'm the only one with this problem. My hint button doesn't work. I tried really hard to not use hints at all but when I really got tired of looking for one thing I had to and it wouldn't work. Finally found the object on my own but anyone else with this problem?

rachacha
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rachacha on Aug 2, 10 9:47 AM
Hi, am also having problems with hint button. tried clicking object first then hint, nothing. also just hit hint also zilch. started game over with new name still not working. I will now delete and reinstall, seems a lot of problems lately with new games!

Barb

SPOILER! Task list - Find all five mirrors

[Post New]by boxdman on Aug 2, 10 11:01 AM
Avalon2 wrote:This task is still in the task list and I am in the last chapter. All five mirrors are in the graveyard and placed correctly. The game continued at that point - use the shovel, clean the jacket, let him have some alone time, etc.

Now the game won't let me continue to the end of the last chapter. The three have already left the island. Hint continues to tell me to find the mirrors and solve the mirror puzzle before I can solve any more puzzles.

Do I need to delete the game, reinstall and start it again with a different profile?

I had the same problem, but I could still continue on with the game. Did you explore the rest of the areas? I kept going and found Viggo again, leading to a cut scene. When I got to the end of the game, it was STILL telling me I had to find and place the five mirrors! I never did manage to get into that locked box in Alan's office, though...

Edit: Never mind. Found a way into the box. But the mirror entry in the journal is still there!

Edited on 08/02/2010 at 11:08:17 AM PST

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Aug 2, 10 12:00 PM
Hi, I finished the game, LOVE it, however, when it said that I had another game to play because I had found all 15 tapes, it brought me back to the final scene of the original game. Help! thankx

[Post New]by Fisherlady2 on Aug 2, 10 2:39 PM
I can't find the faucet handle for the sink because I can't get the combination to the safe untiI do. I need it before I cross the bridge. I have looked for it everywhere I could think of. Maybe someone will come up with the solution before too long or somewhere else to look. My thanks many times over.

[Post New]by Fisherlady2 on Aug 2, 10 2:45 PM
littleriver wrote:I need help finding the laundry tolken. Where is it? I am stuck cant go back to Alan's office cause Victor closed the gate and there are no active areas left in the game except the laundry. The jacket is in the washer but it says I need a laundry tolken. Please help!

the laundry token is down stairs in the nursery just push the horse really hard and it will fall out. fisherlady 2

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Aug 3, 10 10:29 AM
I had problems with both of the Nightfall Mysteries games. Resolution was too big and just a smidge of the H would show for hints. I unchecked "Full Screen" under the options and could finally see everything, but have blue from computer screen all the way around the screen. I can't seem to adjust my resolution. I have tried many times.

robert56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by robert56 on Aug 5, 10 12:51 AM
l have downloaded and uninstalled this eagerly awaited game 4 times and each time l try to play it l get a black screen and nothing else, lv never had a problem with your games EVER !! and l have hundred's im an addict and this one has completely flumoxed me, any help out there !!!!

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Aug 5, 10 10:15 AM
No technical issues for me.
Just wanted to say that I have started and exited this demo twice and have found no problems with this game.

I have an older PC running XP.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 5, 10 10:26 AM
Hey Fishies!

I can see that a couple of you are having troubles with the hint button and that some of you are receiving error messages about the screen resolution.

If you're having troubles with the hints, try clicking on it a couple times to see if it'll respond!

With the error message about the screen resolution, please make sure that your settings are set to 1024 x 768. If you'd like some help with this, take a look at the following help article:

Screen Resolution

Lastly, if the problems persist, please contact Tech Support (by clicking on the green envelope to the right) with as much information you can provide (error messages, screenshots, etc.) so that they can provide you with further assistance!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by kyssyfur09 on Aug 6, 10 12:32 PM
I am also having the issue at the end of the game where it tells you that you have all 15 tapes then takes you back to the scene where Grandpa is telling Christine to hurry and save her friend. You can't even try and clear that profile because it tells you that the game is not finished. The only option is to create a whole new profile, but what happens when you reach your limit of profiles and none of the old ones will delete?

Toy Room Hammer

[Post New]by dodgerfan23 on Aug 7, 10 10:49 AM
The toy room hammer is not showing up in my inventory. I went back to the toy room to get it again but the game does not show up. Do I need to restart the game?

Thanks

[Post New]by Yankeegirl22 on Aug 8, 10 6:25 PM
I 'rescued' Viggo from the lab, and heard about the next game "Opera'.....and my game ended. And then the credits rolled. But I hadn't opened the box with the lock that was 'easy to pick', and I hadn't solved the puzzle on the board (the one with all the little notes on it). And I still had one more tape to find. Weird.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 14, 10 10:27 PM
I'm playing on a Mac and have gotten this error message three times, each time in the same spot: after unlocking the door in the game room to get into the area that leads outside.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at classes:: Password/toggleUP()[C:\Documents and Settings\hhe.VAST\Desktop\Asylum\minigames\Password\src\classes\Password.as:190]

It causes the full screen mode to quit and makes the custom cursor go all wonky. I have to quit the game back to the main menu to get the full screen back, and go to Options, click off the custom cursor and click it back on again to fix the cursor. I have already deleted and downloaded again. Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Added a space between the : and the P in the above message code as it was turning it into a smiley.

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 10:28:57 PM PST

Raboo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Raboo on Aug 15, 10 6:20 PM
I am also playing on a Mac and am getting the exact same error message as Vingilot. But mine occurs right after placing mirrors in the cemetery. Have tried re-downloading the game, but I have the exact same error message in the same spot. I also had error messages a couple of times elsewhere in this game (one when trying to get through the outside door, like Vingilot), but was able to play through them by clicking OK on the error message windows..

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 6:21:43 PM PST

jr449
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jr449 on Aug 18, 10 10:59 AM
In Novella 2 while entering husbands room after picking up the HOUR GLASS, INKWELL, and zoomed in on the PHOTO, I then clicked on the safe (I already have the combination 4172). When I try to enter the combination in the following manner: starting at the "0" click and turn 4 clockwise (which is to the right), 1 counterclockwise (which is to the left), 7 clockwise, and 2 counterclockwise. It does not open the safe. I believe that my problem is the graduated lines on the safe combination for the 4 they are not even as with the other numbers.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 19, 10 7:51 PM
jr449 wrote:In Novella 2 while entering husbands room after picking up the HOUR GLASS, INKWELL, and zoomed in on the PHOTO, I then clicked on the safe (I already have the combination 4172). When I try to enter the combination in the following manner: starting at the "0" click and turn 4 clockwise (which is to the right), 1 counterclockwise (which is to the left), 7 clockwise, and 2 counterclockwise. It does not open the safe. I believe that my problem is the graduated lines on the safe combination for the 4 they are not even as with the other numbers.

Sorry, but none of this sounds familiar. Are you sure you're in the right game forum?

insanewife
Flounder
Flounder
2,236 Posts

[Post New]by insanewife on Aug 21, 10 11:00 PM
I read through all the posts in hopes of finding a solution to my problem with the game. When i got to the end where she is trying to save Viggo i jammed the gears, made the explosion but when i put the thing in to the machine to jam the electricity everything went dark and nothing i clicked on would work... the square thing you put into the machine looks like it's in there but it's also still in my invetory...I don't want to start the game over since i'm at the very end but i still want to see the ending also...Please tell me there is something that i can do to see the ending without starting over again...

insanewife

Go to: