_Jinxy_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by _Jinxy_ on Jul 30, 10 11:18 PM
I was dissapointed, the stoyline was good and the sound effects spooky but for some reason the game just did not grab me.

I purchased the NightFall Mysteries, Asylum Conspiracy, and loved that game.

I will wait for the 6.99 to come out for Curse of the Raven.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 31, 10 12:21 AM
Think this game is FAB! Really, really enjoying it! Lots to think about, super graphics, music and gameplay. I doing the advanced game as hate being treated like a baby with sparkles, too many hints etc.
I give this game 5 out of 5. Don't know how long it is but hopefully a good length.
I could play games like this all day. After a few duffers, we've certainly had a couple of great ones 2 days running!

[Post New]by poosie on Jul 31, 10 12:49 AM
Brilliant game, well worth the money. Loved the three parts with the three different locations and the bonus was equally brilliant. Glad I bought it. by the way this is my first time in the forum!!

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sadji on Jul 31, 10 1:16 AM
Great Game, yes. But the SG is missing a lot of Story and Puzzle Solutions. Not worth this money. Glad they, who not payed this version. Wait for the normal version.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Jul 31, 10 3:31 AM
Love the game. Sure buy for me come August!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 31, 10 5:18 AM
Well, BFG has come up with yet another winner (after some really weak offerings--"The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz") late in the month. Thought it couldn't get better than "Echoes of the Past...," or Nightfall Mysteries--Asylum Conspiracy," but here we go. The intro (which in some games is "boiler-plate" boring) made me sit up and take notice. If you like "shiver-down-your-spine" graphics and eerie sound effects, then this one is for you. I can imagine Edgar Allan Poe writing a story like this. After the trial time, I'm SO tempted to get the CE, but I think I'll wait for the regular (don't need the concept art, screensavers, or wallpaper). This has got "classic" written all over it.

[Post New]by ejelliot2006 on Jul 31, 10 5:41 AM
yes great game....nice and long insteady of lasting on a couple of hours. But I cannot open the vault. I have the combination and the strategy guide but it still won't work. Tried many times. Anyone else have this problem and know the solution. comination is 4172

Lassie1952
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Lassie1952 on Jul 31, 10 7:15 AM
I LOVE this game, but as others have mentioned, I don't have the RAM for the unwanted Collectors frills, so i will have to wait.
It is wonderful to built in walk thrus, wish that would become more standard, but if only BF would allow us to choose not to download wallpapers and stuff, maybe even for 15 instead of 20 bucks. I would be sorely tempted!!!! Sigh, will have to wait.....
GREAT GAME!!!!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jul 31, 10 7:40 AM
I just finished the game including the extra part. It was really great and I enjoyed all of this game including the **** parts, and I usually don't like HOGs. The very last puzzle in the extra wouldn't let me pick up the coins so I had to skip it. I tried to figure out what or I where I should go first but there was no where to go or nothing else to do so Ias I said, I skipped that puzzle. I hope everyone who played this game enjoyed it and didn't feel ripped off.

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Jul 31, 10 7:44 AM
LOVED this game, I'm going to wait and try the regular game. The only draw back was that the DEMO is to short, I still had 25 min to play.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 31, 10 7:51 AM
I made it through the demo with 10 minutes left of the 60 minutes, which is not bad. (I usually take my time when I play games).

What I found slightly annoying was the fact that the Strategy Guide wasn't available for the demo as it is available in other demos of CE versions, and the HINT button didn't help when pointing at the obvious either.
Also, there is a slight delay when you move from scene to scene, not smooth enough.

I am not sure if I want to buy the CE version. Although this game is a good game to play, it didn't grab me the way some games do and which I know I want to buy after only playing for 10 minutes. So I guess I will be waiting for the normal version to come out and buy that one.

Edited on 07/31/2010 at 8:29:47 AM PST

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Jul 31, 10 8:18 AM
I beta tested this game and I really enjoyed it. It was a while ago and I thought that they were not going to release it. I am so excited it is out. I can't wait for the regular version to come out. A definite buy for me.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 31, 10 8:32 AM
SPOILER ALERT

"Some additionals:"

I forgot to ask: I, quite unexpectedly, saved the girl before I was finished with certain tasks. I still had a key, hadn't fixed the basement wires and not gotten the pulley, and still only had one ballerina and not been able to open the music box yet.

Now, since I have already saved the girl, does that mean I will be transferred back to the cemetary without finishing the other tasks or will I be able to continue in the house and finish my tasks?

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Jul 31, 10 9:15 AM
Valdy wrote:SPOILER ALERT

"Some additionals:"

I forgot to ask: I, quite unexpectedly, saved the girl before I was finished with certain tasks. I still had a key, hadn't fixed the basement wires and not gotten the pulley, and still only had one ballerina and not been able to open the music box yet.

Now, since I have already saved the girl, does that mean I will be transferred back to the cemetary without finishing the other tasks or will I be able to continue in the house and finish my tasks?

Thats just where the demo ends. You have a long way to go (if you purchase) to save the girl... Its well worth it!

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jul 31, 10 10:15 AM
I will wait for the $6.99 version of the game. Hopefully by then the bugs with this game will be fixed. You have to wait 30 seconds to change scenes in the game. It was driving me nuts.

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Jul 31, 10 10:19 AM
Played half of the demo and thoroughly enjoyed it!! This type of game is totally up my alley. Not going to buy until the 6.99 version comes out though, Have bought 5 CE'S before. Guess it took 5 for me to realize that I really don't need the extra bells and whistles! LOL! Does anyone have an idea about the timing of when the regular version will be out?? BTW the ONLY problem I had with the game is the very slow lag time between the tasks/areas when clicked to go forward. The timing is sooooo slow that it breaks up the continuity of the game for me. Hopefully that will be addressed and taken care of by the time the regular version comes out!! <fingers crossed>

Trying to stay COOOOOL here in the so very HOT Charlotte NC!
Happy Gaming fellow fishies.
[b]

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Jul 31, 10 10:21 AM
I really like this game, and I'm looking forward to when it comes out in the regular edition since I don't buy CEs. Really nice graphics, challenging puzzles, nicely spooky theme. If I have any complaint at all against the game it's the lag between scenes that others have complained about and the ridiculously long cut scene you have to wait through to exit the game.

This will be a definite buy for me in a few weeks.

Edited on 07/31/2010 at 10:22:39 AM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 31, 10 10:22 AM
rlk0045 wrote:I will wait for the $6.99 version of the game. Hopefully by then the bugs with this game will be fixed. You have to wait 30 seconds to change scenes in the game. It was driving me nuts.

I'm not having any trouble at all with the loading times for changing scenes in this game, so maybe how fast the scenes transition is partly dependent on the amount of memory in your computer?

[Post New]by budgie9911 on Jul 31, 10 11:51 AM
three great games in a row.great job bgf

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jul 31, 10 12:01 PM
This game is not as great as everyone says. If you miss ONE STEP you are in trouble. I am almost finished and cannot go further because I did not find the first gem needed near the end. There a lot of others in the same boat. Cannot do anything at the blacksmiths forge because of this mistake. I wanted to do the game without using the game strategy as much as possible and therefore missed the gem. The makers of this game should have made it possible to go back and get the needed object so the game could have been finished. Shame on you guys!!

Go to: