meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Journalistic Investigations: Stolen Inheritance

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 1, 10 1:59 PM
After the first few minutes of the demo I thought, what a waste of time. But I perservered and continued for my full hour. It's not a bad HOG. It is on the easy side even on Normal play. There is a story and a developing interest to find out the ending. My curiosity however is not worth $6.99. I'll get it as a DD but otherwise, no go for me.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Journalistic Investigations: Stolen Inheritance

[Post New]by togood2be on Aug 1, 10 7:55 PM
Well I guess we all agree again, notmy kind of game...boring

[Post New]by Chedipe on Aug 1, 10 11:15 PM
Definitely won't be buying this one. Boring, sad music; if I click "skip", don't ask me to confirm I want to skip, obviously I do. Saved more money...

[Post New]by heatherington on Aug 2, 10 1:39 AM
Call me simplistic but I liked this game a lot better than Al Emmo. I don't care about their story or plot so I skip the conversations. When you do that it becomes a straight HOG. The objects are fairly simple to find. I didn't use the hint that much. There is no time and you can skip just about anything you don't want to do. That's all I need in a game of that type. I will put this game on my buy list.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 2, 10 12:22 PM
I quite like this game, especially those mini games. But unfortunately, after a while the game is getting just a little boring. It's missing the kind of kick you get from other HOGs - can't explain it any better.

[Post New]by suzieque117 on Aug 2, 10 7:08 PM
I couldn't even demo it as the window kept minimizing each time I tried to play so it got deleted right away.

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Aug 3, 10 1:49 AM
boooooring it was so slow and boring

[Post New]by GirlyBritches on Aug 3, 10 3:05 AM
I couldn't stick with this one for long. Too simplistic, and dull. Not my cup o'tea.

MIGHTYMIDGE
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by MIGHTYMIDGE on Aug 3, 10 6:47 AM
I clicked buy now instead of try out. I keep doing this.....ok ok.....Its a relaxing enough game, music is soothing....Good graphics....I am used to more creepy games..but Journo invest is ok no regrets purchasing...was not expensive

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Aug 3, 10 6:51 AM
MIGHTYMIDGE wrote:I clicked buy now instead of try out. I keep doing this.....ok ok.....Its a relaxing enough game, music is soothing....Good graphics....I am used to more creepy games..but Journo invest is ok no regrets purchasing...was not expensive

Me too!!! I agree it could have been worse.

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Aug 3, 10 9:36 AM
A decent game that would be good for HOG first timers deciding on whether HOGS are their "thing". As for me personally this is a no go!

Happy Gaming Fishies!!!

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Aug 3, 10 12:03 PM
Well, the game ran ok, the graphics was ok and I had no problem finding most of the items. But it was simply BOO-OORING! And that woman rubbed me all the wrong ways.

They *tried* to make some action in the storyline, with bombs and runaway boats and whatnot, but it just didn't grab me at all. The story seemed stupid and implausible -something that might not have been bad if it was made with humour and irony - but here it was obviously intended as some kind of action story with a macgyver/journalist/detective who can fix - or repair - EVERYTHING.

And repair she did: if she wanted a drink she had to repair the mixer first, she had to repair the record player to play music, repair movie machine, repair boat instrument, etc etc you name it. Why did EVERYTHING have to be broken just so she could repair yet another thing between each and every HOG scene? Every "repair" scene had me groaning more and more, until I had it up to *here* with boredom. And that Congratulation screen after everything you did, which just stayed and stayed.... GROAN!

I'm sorry to say the few good things this game had going, drowned in rapidly increasing boredom over implausible and stupid storyline and wannabe mcgyver-ism. That woman was expert in everything she did, including disarming timed bombs and navigating by stars, which is very unrealistic. On certain other types of forums (like writer forums) she would have been called a typical Marysue (which means a person who is always perfect, knows everything, never makes mistakes, and is basically in god mode. Nobody are more boring than Marysues...)

She looked awful too. I realize they've used DAZ (a 3D modeling program) for modeling her with the limits that program gives, but there are much more goodlooking models to use in DAZ... so why did they have to give her cheekbones larger than her fists? That's not exactly the right proportions...

Anyway, trying to calm down now. Needless to say, I won't be buying. Now I need to find me a nice, entertaining game to get out of this frustrated boredom...

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 12:10:39 PM PST

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Aug 3, 10 6:11 PM
NEVER! Awful game. Just mindless! Sorry BF, gotta do better than this to get me to spend my money.

robbsmom
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,285 Posts

[Post New]by robbsmom on Aug 4, 10 1:30 PM
its not a bad game, its relaxing, feels good to play a game that you can just think a little, I do to much thinking in the real world.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Aug 5, 10 6:22 AM
I think almost every thing has already been said, so I will just say this is a NO for me. It moved very slowly and was rather boring. The Congrat notice stayed way to long and could not be clicked off.

[Post New]by patriciablake on Aug 8, 10 3:47 PM
I am not a beginner and I agree 100% with goofyduck77. This was a fun and relaxing game. I like to play games to relax, as there are enough challenges and stress in life. I very seldom have a music problem, as I usually can block them out.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 16, 10 5:55 AM
CasualGran wrote:Non-sensical and poorly described, sometimes vague objects, No voice-over. Tedious, repeating pianotune. Uninteresting story and the kind of minigames seen too many times before.

Nope. Definitely not for me.

I was going to post an opinion but I could not say it any better than CasualGran so..........................DITTO!!!
Dr.good

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Aug 16, 10 1:33 PM
Utterly uninteresting premise; Cringe worthy text AND characters. This is a no-purchase for me.

[Post New]by annierae on Aug 21, 10 9:54 PM
This one was not for me either after the 1st hour I was not sold on the game.

[Post New]by jiggywitit on Aug 27, 10 6:56 PM
I am very upset I cannot go any further at the burner cannot find the powder so I lost my money on this game why make it so hard I look for hours for the powder to mix in the bowl I have had IT.

Go to: