lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Al Emmo's Postcards from Anozira!

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Aug 1, 10 10:54 AM
I want a pat on the back for playing the whole hour demo! If you don't mind a computer mouse and a dinosaur in the same HOG scene, well, it was just barely okay. Hidden objects are well hidden - as someone else said a magnifying glass would be helpful. I did manage to not use all the hints I had, and somtimes when I used them I said, well, duh! When you expect them to be tiny then they're staring you blatently in the face, it does feel a little silly. As with most other people, I do not like "find the difference" puzzles, and the one I had had so many differnces I did start randomly clicking. My only computer glitch was that I WAS allowed to randomly click with no penalty, an absolute must in this game. This game would not be good for beginners nor is it any fun for the experienced. It's a definate pass.

I did like the music, though..

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 1, 10 10:58 AM
Two steps forward, one long step back. The last couple of HOGs were really good, but this one is so bad. Cheap graphics, silly mini games and boring. No buy for me either.

Re:Al Emmo's Postcards from Anozira

[Post New]by sweetpops58 on Aug 1, 10 11:47 AM
cherbtoo wrote:This game is Big City Adventure on a smaller scale as you only have to collect 29 postcards so if you liked those games you should enjoy this.

For those that like racing the clock there is an option to play this game in timed mode.

C

I agree with you in the similarity to Big City Adventure on a smaller scale.
Didn't enjoy this one as much as the BCA's. A jumpy cursor certainly didn't help.
Oh well not to worry. Beginning of a new month so let's keep our fingers crossed BF will surprise us with great games.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Aug 1, 10 12:00 PM
joyce2121 wrote:
tuttepeever wrote:Another DUD. Definitely a no buy for me. Quit after playing 10 minutes into the Demo. Shouldn't complain since there have been some great games lately. I have three waiting to be purchased once they arrive at the regular price versus CEs. Will never spend $20 on a game. My patience is limitless when it comes to deals. A CE is no deal. Especially since I have just enough mulah to get me through the month for groceries. These are hard times for many of us. Especially those of us who are retired and living off what the GOVT provides. Prisoners, have it better than Senior Citizens. I could get on a rant but this isn't the forum. Just pissed off tonight so forgive me. Had to vent.

So agree, but I don't think of my Social Security as what the GOVT
provides, I worked and paid into it for 58 years.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread.

I live in Canada so receive Old Age Security and Canada Pension Plan (which I did contribute to when I worked). Had to apply for more help as in Guaranteed Income Security and Safer (rent assistance) and even with that I only have $500 a month to live on after my rent and bills are paid. Who can do that?

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 1, 10 12:35 PM
For those times when you want mindless entertainment, this game is the one. I actually started it playing as each character. The nice thing is that the clues are different for all five characters with just some of the items repeated. So you could play this game five times, except the puzzles are the same each time. The postcards are amusing.

Call me strange, but I liked it. It was strangely reminiscent of earlier HOGS when I first started playing these games. I like the puzzles much better than the Big City Adventure puzzles. I didn't think the graphics were that bad and the objects on my screen were not small, mostly. I did have to use a hint a couple of times, like for the agave worm. Although I knew what one looked like it was so well blended in the scene I couldn't see it. All in all, good straight HOG.

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Aug 1, 10 1:08 PM
After 10 minutes playing the game, I got so sleepy and bored I actually fell asleep.

pupulegirl
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by pupulegirl on Aug 1, 10 1:40 PM
Call me the odd man (actually woman) out, but I got through the whole demo without using one hint. It's strange when in some games everyone says the graphics are clear and on my computer they are fuzzy and when fishies complain that they are fuzzy they are clear for me. This one they are clear. Some items were small, but not so small I couldn't find them....and I wear glasses. But then I have a 22" monitor. I think I'll keep my 'puter for a few more years with XP Professional as its OS.
Yes it's a straight HOG but like someone said earlier, sometimes you just need a straight HOG so you don't have to think much. Yes we have had better games, but if you check out the other sites like I do, you'll find this is the only new game for today! So if you don't want to do repeats of your games, you're stuck. Go out and enjoy the day!

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Aug 1, 10 3:04 PM
I always check for reviews, but I bought this despite all the negatives. I like the theme, clear colorful graphics, and the music. But hey, that's just me.
The game doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. It's not an IHOG wannabe, nor an Adventure wannabe. It's a straight HOG, sorta junkpile style, yet again not. I played a full hour, collected 6 postcards (out of 29), and never saw a hotdog or a crowbar. Quite a few items were relevant to the locale and western theme.
I do agree those iffy accents were a little funny and sometimes annoying, but there is a separate volume control for speech.
On my laptop, xp home, it ran just fine, no lags and no custom cursor problem.
Just like BCA games, I'm hoping you can't run out of hint coins to collect or skip coins to collect, although I only used 2 hints in the 1-hour trial and didn't need a skip coin at all....but I'm fairly certain my time will come.
Players looking for a STRAIGHT HOG may enjoy this. I enjoyed the trial, it was at times a little too easy but just when I got too comfortable, it stumped me. So I was just like several of the previous posters -- make up my mind!
I did....and I bought it.

Edited on 08/01/2010 at 3:20:40 PM PST

[Post New]by i34unicorn on Aug 1, 10 4:33 PM
I played for about 30 minutes and then gave up and deleted the game. It was your usual hidden object game but finding some of the items gave me a headache. What I look at when I want to buy a HOG is do the people talk and in this game they did. So when I started and saw that they talked I was excited. Boy was I disappointed. The only good thing I liked in the game was the mini-games, some of them. The one where you had to spot the differences, I had to skip that one. Some of the differences were miniscule. I wouldn't advise to waste your time downloading. It is not in the league of the Hidden Mysteries series or the Mystery Case Files series.

[Post New]by 57Fish on Aug 1, 10 6:01 PM
For once a game not about demons, spells, witches or vampires. Attempted to install the demo twice. Both times, it froze up and I had to uninstall. That was enough for me.

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Aug 1, 10 6:08 PM
Well it is possibly the shortest game I have played (7 minutes on the first screen!) and there is nothing at all that is going for it!!! The graphics are blurry and lazy, the items are way too small and the hints dont reload to find the impossibly small items. Couldn't get past the first screen, ran out of hints so deleted it!

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by silentpages on Aug 1, 10 6:11 PM
phatkhat wrote:Booooooooooo! Hisssssssssssss! I was excited when I saw "Al Emmo", though I wondered why I hadn't heard about this game - assuming it to be a sequel to Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine. Boy, was I ever wrong. AND disappointed. LDM is a LFA, and this is a HOG. Humph. LDM is funny, clever, challenging, and always fresh. This one... well... sorry.

Sorry to hear phatkat went through the same emotional roller coaster as I did! I was all YAY.....then I was all

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Aug 1, 10 6:24 PM
I didn't like this game at all Very poorly created

Purple_One
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Purple_One on Aug 1, 10 7:13 PM
I haven't played this one, yet. I just saw it advertised and almost died laughing. The Alamo (Al Emmo, obviously, ) should have Postcards from Saxet (Texas) instead of Anozira (Arizona)...I always look at strange words backwards and like to catch this kind of thing. This one is just stupid, sorry. I think anyone who recognizes these things and is from either Arizona or Texas would be inclined not to get this game. I know I won't buy it simply for those reasons. God bless.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Aug 1, 10 8:20 PM
Lousy graphics, many of the items were very small and hard to figure out exactly what they were. You better click on them exactly or get a warning.

Not buying this garbage.

cherzy13
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by cherzy13 on Aug 1, 10 9:23 PM
MAYBE GOOD FOR 4 OR 5 YEAR OLDS, BUT THAT'S ABOUT ALL. IT'S AN INSULT FOR ADULTS TO BE PLAYING OR EVEN FOR THE WRITERS TO IMAGINE AN ADULT TO PLAY FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES. WE SHOULD ALL BE ASHASHED OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[Post New]by Chedipe on Aug 1, 10 11:04 PM
Terrible game! Played for less than 2 minutes. The music skipped, cursor is too big, graphics - well, I played for less than 2 minutes.

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Aug 1, 10 11:35 PM
I really liked the game, bought it and would buy another like it!

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Aug 1, 10 11:40 PM
Rose151 wrote:
knickknackblue wrote:Played for 10 minutes.....long enough to know I didn't want to play anymore. Cheap graphics and a cursor that jumped around the screen. Definitely not a buy for me.

Thanks, saved me the time it would have taken to even download it!

Glad to help.

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Aug 2, 10 3:28 AM
After a very short time, I knew this game was not for me. The graphics were amateurish and fuzzy in places, and the objects were often microscopic. The list of objects and the postcard fonts were even hard to read at times; e.g., "bullfrog" almost looked like "bulldog". This truly was a disappointment.

Why are all the "non-dark", "non-demonic" games so bad???

Go to: