godschild1955
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Nov 20, 11 6:23 PM
tj1147 wrote:Review (of the part of the demo I played)...some objects extremely tiny and too well-blended into the background to find without using a hint. Several times, I had to exit the page then go back to be able to do anything (using up demo time) such as when trying to get to the second site on the map. Click, click, click...nothing - exit, reenter, click, click, click - exit..repeat. Finally was able to enter the scene. I would like to have been able to click through the dialog as I read then had to wait until next comment came up - I just don't like that...maybe I missed how to click through? The scene were I had to click the names of objects in the text just wouldn't "take" until I exited and reentered the scene twice. The graphics in general were good...just could not see some of the items. I really prefer a list of names of objects to find rather than silhouettes. Puzzles so far weren't difficult but the painting was so time-consuming I just skipped it.

Comment: I would loved to play this game but don't have the time or patience it seems I would need.

OH TY....ANOTHER UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER!!! NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY ANY GAME IN SERIES W/O FIRST CHECKING IT OUT!!!! I BOUGHT A COUPLE OTHER S.H. GAMES & LOVED THEM.....THIS ONE & THE SILVER EARRING, NOT!!!
THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS THE SAME FORMATS & YOU'LL JUST GET REALLY TICKED OFF IF YOU DON'T CHECK THEM OUT FIRST....JUST A LITTLE ADVICE!
NOW I HAVE TO GO TRY TO FIND A WALKTHROUGH SOMEWHERE TO GET THROUGH THIS STUPID GAME--AND IF NOT, OH WELL.

godschild1955
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re: Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Nov 20, 11 6:38 PM
BarbaraFish wrote:Well, on another subject... can anyone recommend this game? How long is it? Is easy, hard? Any comments on the actual game?

Well BarbaraFish it depends....if you liked the 'Hounds of the Baskervilles' game, this is NOT at ALL like it!
This one & 'The Silver Earring' game seem to be older games and So Very Frustrating-in my opinion. I had bought the 'Hounds...' game & Loved it, so I did a Very Foolish thing and purchased this game & the Silver Earring game sight unseen.
DON'T EVER DO THAT!! If you can't get a good sense of whether you'd like a game or not just by clicking on the couple examples & watching the short video on it, they I HIGHLY RECOMMEND JUST DOWNLOADING THE 1 HOUR TRIAL FIRST!!
I've wasted money on a couple games I didn't do that first with.
MOPO...I AM SOOO VERY SORRY I EVER BOUGHT THIS ONE, but you may enjoy it who knows--do the demo first though.
GOOD LUCK!

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Mar 19, 12 1:53 AM
I would really like to buy this game as I love sherlock holmes anything but I can't even get through the tutorial without it freezing up on me. I saw some suggestions from people on here, did exactly what the tutorial asked and still it freezes up. I guess I am going to have to live without sherlock...

oooo I morphed!!! eww I don't like this puke green color...

Edited on 03/19/2012 at 1:54:13 AM PST

[Post New]by Huntleyhimnher on Nov 7, 12 11:58 PM
I love Sherlock Holmes, but I must say this is the worst game I have played, instead of being clever with the hidden objects, they are just hidden, some of them you would never find without a clue. The puzzles were ok but I though the instructions could have been clearer.

I have persisted to the end but I really don't like this game

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Apr 5, 14 11:57 PM
Since the last post was in 2012, I'll just give a quick update here. Nothing has changed, HA! This has to be the worst game I've ever played on this site. Not only is it strictly HOS, but even on a 23" w/s I could not see the objects, some of which are "ashes, hair, etc". Then this whole idea of the "deduction table", ??? I'm still not sure I did that right but I did get 35/35. And that was it. There was nothing to tell me I finished the game, or even figured out who the heck did the deed because this game has no logic what so ever. And it was not elementary!!!

Go to: