Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Gwen the Magic Nanny

[Post New]by krasniikot on Aug 2, 10 2:49 PM
steelerlady1 wrote:
doctorgood wrote:
haileesmother wrote:
heatherington wrote:Just thought I would drop by here to see what these forums are like. I know the hidden object forums really get the work out, but apparently there is not a big following of the time management games. What does that tell you?

the only thing ur statement tells me is that there are rude fishies in the pond... it makes me proud to be a TM lover

SPOILER: u posted on a game that has only been out a 1/2 hour/check ur time

Did anyone ever tell you,"it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice". That was a pretty vicious attack on someone that had really done nothing wrong.......WOW!
Dr.good
WOW!!! I came to this forum to see how tm's are among other players, i am totally with dr.good on this, that was not even cool,just downright MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I just don't see how that was mean. The initial comment "What does that tell you?" seemed quite confrontational. Why go to a TM forum an hour after the game is posted & say that? What was the point of the original post? It was rude.

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on Aug 2, 10 4:27 PM
TM are my favorite type of games. But I agree have not been many new ones. I have 3 credits now. Hope BF starts to add some soon.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 2, 10 5:29 PM
reflexive stopped selling games a while ago

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on Aug 2, 10 5:33 PM
My favorite games are also Time Management/Strategy (& no, it's not because I don't have enough going on in my life already, as someone intimated). I travel for a living; I am never in one country for more than two weeks so Time Management games give me (maybe, if I'm lucky) some control over something. Or maybe I just like having 80 things going on at the same time (it certainly helps at airports).

Everyone is different! That's why the world is so interesting.

And, yes, I do buy most of the "hot games" from their developers. All my friends do. We want to make sure they're paid for their efforts so we pay full price.

I buy many, many games every month from BFG because they are the BEST service. The easiest to download from & the nicest to talk to. If they had more TM games, I would buy them all from them. (I've purchased many "dogs" just to make sure BFG stays in business. I've been in the online industry, too.)

Personally, I don't get HOGs (though I did LOVE MCF: Madame Fate, because it was so gorgeous) but to each their own. If YOU love HOGs, please have fun.

I am still unclear why the first poster posted here. And why so many people defended that person.

Kaliarii
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kaliarii on Aug 2, 10 7:14 PM
krasniikot wrote:My favorite games are also Time Management/Strategy (& no, it's not because I don't have enough going on in my life already, as someone intimated). I travel for a living; I am never in one country for more than two weeks so Time Management games give me (maybe, if I'm lucky) some control over something. Or maybe I just like having 80 things going on at the same time (it certainly helps at airports).

Everyone is different! That's why the world is so interesting.
Personally, I don't get HOGs (though I did LOVE MCF: Madame Fate, because it was so gorgeous) but to each their own. If YOU love HOGs, please have fun.

I am still unclear why the first poster posted here. And why so many people defended that person.

I'm not a "teenager", nor do I have a lack of other stuff to do either, but I tend to prefer TM and strategy games as well. There aren't many HOGs I enjoy, and I've often wondered how anyone could like them.

It's for this reason that I generally avoid HOGs, and their forums, other than to occasionally post my thoughts about the GAME, after I've at least tried it. As Kras (abbreviating your name, lazy here. ) so eloquently put it, "Everyone is different... to each their own."

Putting down others or intimating rude opinions simply because they prefer a different game genre than you is not only completely uncalled for, it's unfair. Very rarely does one see (or do I see, anyway) a TM fan going into a HOG forum and, essentially, trying to pick a fight by putting down the HOG fans. But there never fails to be at least a few HOG fans in TM forums putting down TM fans.

18 and over is in the TOS, so it's safe to assume that we are all adults here. Let's act like it, shall we? My mother used to say "If you can't say anything nice, don;t say anything at all." I am now passing that adage on here.

If you try a game and like it, review so others know. If you try a game and DON'T like it, review for much the same reason. If you haven't tried the game, posting that you don't like that genre, or that the genre must stink because there aren't any posts in the forum doesn't do anything other than waste everyone else's time when they go to that forum to get others' thoughts on the game.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 2, 10 9:48 PM
kali, being on hog forums i see it quite often, tm fans doing what is being done here..some peeps just cant agree to disagree...but soon i think it will give way to i pad, anti ipad arguements...lol

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Aug 3, 10 9:05 AM
Wow what a forum!! I always review the tips/forum on new games TGT & DD but this was more than enlightening. However thanks to everyone above for your comments/discussions. I did get enough to know I won't even download this game for 1 hr trial even though I am BIG TM fan. Probably 10 - 1 over HOG. BF in my humble opinion has the best customer service and tries very hard to offer a very wide selection of games. Krasniikot your comments were excellent. gimmegames I thank you for what you did concerning DD reviews & now weekly Monday game review also. I always pay attention to your comments and of course as I have mentioned before govegril's. In closing this LONG comment(not review-sorry) govegril I am 78 year old Male who loves TM games as much as any "old" lady. LOL HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE.

Edited on 08/03/2010 at 9:27:58 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 3, 10 4:31 PM
Well here is a 73 old lady who tries most genres to find my comfort zone, and short term memory and speed are my downfalls. Early on I thought a Burger one (forgot name) was fun until I got so overwhelmed with new things to make and serve and more and more complaining people I was a nervous wreck. I regretted I couldn't keep up and it looked like fun, as did many other demos. Maybe that is why I've loved all the Virtual Villagers 1,2,3 and addicted, they are so layed back, make me plan and think, find workarounds for disasters etc. Don't know if that is really a TM, more strategy. I may try new ones without a timer.

OT but in answer to question re reflexive, they got swallow up by the big river portal as I understand it, and their great forums for Big Kahuna M3s disappeared as did the player designed puzzles we could d/l, some were incorporated in BK2 as bonus games. I know there were a lot of Tycoon players, don't know where they gather, maybe here?

I think TMs will be hot on iphone and the new formats, but can't see HOGs going well on the small screens. Designers are going to follow where the sales are and networking, many new markets, going thru a sea change now.

I don't see that the OP had anything to start a provocation, just thought provoking like where are the TMers gathering if not here. And, point well taken re HOGs especially ihogs and adventures being more difficult, I usually count how many HELP I'M STUCK posts before I even lose interested, won't buy frustration.

Sometimes posters feel put down by others' comments which are taken the wrong way. Like I can feel offended when folks say a game is for kids or the mindless, dumbed down etc. Well, I'm pretty sharp in many areas, but just like taking my time and keeping the blood pressure down, still some entertainment when one is housebound. I am not dumb, age just slowed me down. Working most my life serving the public IS another factor, time pressures. Others just need the adreneline rushes for excitement.

And, btw, comments are included with REVIEWS on hog forums and we too wade thru the party poopers with many many "I hate HOGs" Hogs are boringgggg too. So, I thought this was an intelligent discussion for both TM and HOG fans. Not going to judge the OPs intention, what does it tell me? Well, lots of things, I too have an inquiring mind. That's enough stimulation for me, reading and writing then relax, time to play my game.

Gwen the Magic Nanny

[Post New]by horse12314 on Jun 17, 11 10:55 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Help Gwen the Magic Nanny use her magic to take care of different fantastic families in the wondrous Fantasy Town! Look after babies, kids, teens, seniors, and pets, each with their own wants and needs! Luckily, Gwen has some tricks of her own, and you can use her magical spells to make things a little bit easier. Do a great job and unlock special items to help Gwen with her workload. Experience a world of magic and fun in Gwen the Magic Nanny, a fun Time Management game.

[Post New]by horse12314 on Jun 17, 11 10:58 AM
My favourite game is Gwen the Magic Nanny and I played the free session all at once. It seemed to go by very fast! If you finish your three-hour trial,google wildtangent games and search the same game up in the top right corner.

Go to: