TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for El Sello Magico: The False Heiress

[Post New]by TerryMann on Aug 4, 10 10:18 PM
Okay, honestly.....I played what all, but what 12 minutes, if that. I have to say....I totally didn't like it all. I am thinking what the heck, I couldn't believe it. I've seen/played better M3 games, come on what happened here. Well, for those that are enjoying this one, I say to you all...........Happy Gaming !!!

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 6, 10 8:46 AM
After reading the reviews I decided to play on the Challenge level. Yuk. Only added more jewels to find and bigger designs to trace, but not more difficulty. No challenge whatsoever. Definitely a no buy for me, but I do agree with others that the graphics are really great, the dialog very good, but the sounds will drive you crazy. Thank goodness, those you can turn off! And, with a couple of clicks you can turn the whole game off!

[Post New]by sillymoose on Aug 6, 10 3:50 PM
Come on Big Fish...can we say boring...and the giggling and groaning drove me nuts. For sure won't be buying this one!!!!!

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Aug 8, 10 9:51 AM
Very confusing premise, boring dot to dot, terrible irritating and pointless voices and so-so graphics. Not for me.

sparkle9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for El Sello Magico: The False Heiress

[Post New]by sparkle9 on Aug 19, 10 10:09 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of El Sello Magico: The False Heiress? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

sparkle9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle9 on Aug 19, 10 10:12 AM
This took forever to load and is the most boring intro EVER...the creators must be full of themselves...after reading other blogs I am just going to delete the whole thing!

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

[Post New]by karolyneb on Aug 22, 10 12:55 PM
El Sello Magic: The False Heiress Review
ESM:TFH falls somewhere between an M3 and a Puzzle game. The gameplay is somewhat unique - the player needs to connect jewels of the same type, making sure to cross the connecting line in at least one place. When a specified number of crossings are made, the level is complete.

The Good:
Nice graphics
Interesting variation on M3 gameplay

The Bad:
Gameplay quickly becomes repetitive
Very long load times
Odd voice acting*
Although it would seem to be possible to change the difficulty level in the middle of a game, it actually resets the saved game back to the beginning

Who will like this:
Folks who like to play a few levels and move on to something else for awhile (?)

Who will hate this:
Folks who like variety in their games

karolyneb's notes:
I would love to this this style of puzzle as a minigame or at least as a part of a larger game with other puzzles or activities.

* I think the original voice acting was in Spanish (as least I'm sure I heard a "Dice!" here and there although my Spanish is pretty poor) and they decided to just keep the portions that didn't need translation when the game was localized into English. Maybe, in retrospect, they should've either gotten rid of the voice portions altogether or maybe even left them in Spanish. Either one would've been better than what they did.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Dec 30, 11 10:51 AM
Hmmm, let us start with the cons!
- How often does one have to click "continue" or "accept"? Yes, you don't seem able to go to the next screen without clicking one of them.
- Magic seals -- just trace around the figure and, if you aren't sure where to go next, the next point with light up for you!
- Dialog is a mixture of sounds and words. Most of the sounds seem to be emotional expressions.
- In the match between the princess and her tutor/magician(?), we never see him play, yet he says he won.

But there are pros!
- You can restart a level if you don't like your score (made a mismatch, for example).
- Challenge to see how many lines you can cross with a limited number of lines.
- A different type of game.

I enjoyed the challenge of crossing as many lines as possible, but thought everything else detracted. Why throw in baby stuff and make you waste time doing it?

The developers spent a lot of time on this game. The fancy option page, for example. It is almost as if two people took turns developing the play portion -- a more experienced person for the lines of force, a total beginner for the magic seals. OTOH, the convolutions of the screens detracted, since they just meant more unnecessary clicking. Bloated and simplistic. Guys, re-write this and spend more time on making the game fun for us to play rather than fun for you to write.

I'd like to have bought this for the line-crossing challenge, but that is only about 5% of the game. The rest is pure waste. Sorry.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Your Comments and Reviews for El Sello Magico: The False Heiress

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 12, 13 7:35 PM
I finally came in one under par in the line-crossing segment.

And I have no idea how I did it! My methods weren't any different than the first half dozen times or more.

If it's not clear how to win a game, I don't want to play it. So no buy for me!

And the honking from the mentor was at LEAST as annoying as the giggling from the tween princess.

Go to: