bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 4, 10 7:26 AM
Raska wrote:I think this is a great game for smart kids who understand humor !
For me, it's a bit too easy..I like the hog with a lot of difficult puzzles better !

Raska

it does start out easy....but like "anka" it is not a kids game...the puzzles get harder,,,but not impossiable.....i suggest at least giving the full demo a try and reading more here after more have finished it before writing it off completley

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 4, 10 7:35 AM
I gave the demo a chance again after playing the beta version.

I still don't think it's for me but for younger ages - it's great! They would love the graphics and Demon voice. And even though objects are very tiny, you can find them with hints and the magnifier.

But for a challenging adult game - no.

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Aug 4, 10 7:38 AM
Well. I had a little problem with the game. When I came to the end of the demo I kind of liked it's quirkiness so decided to buy it. However, when I d/l full version I had to start from the beginning so I thought oh well, but when I quit it again and went back in it had not saved. Does it not save automatically or what?

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 4, 10 7:56 AM
Two of my least favorite things in a game:
using magnifying glass and finding multiples.

That said, the rest of this game is charming
and Demon is a hoot. Count me as agreeing
with all of the positive reviews above.
Off to buy!

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Aug 4, 10 8:00 AM
I have played 30 minutes of the demo. The graphics are beautiful but as mentioned in a few other posts, some of the hidden objects are very small. Even the 'tasks' seem to be on small little cards at the bottom of the screen and it is difficult to read them. Using the magnifying glass is not very helpful as it does not magnify very much. It's a no buy for me.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Aug 4, 10 8:38 AM
Well this was different! I like the sense of humor of the demon..I think it could be a lot of fun for some of us! I got through the first chapter when my trial ended. It played well, no hangups, items were okay to find but I used the magnifier and the hints too. Younger eyes should not have too many problems finding things but the things are well hidden. The graphics are clear on a cartoon level and the subject matter seemed light hearted. It should be a long play if each chapter (10) take as much time. Music was so so...I kept it low.
Nana

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 4, 10 8:40 AM
I have to agree about the small objects, but most of them I can find without the magnifying glass. I also found it to be dark and I am not a big fan of magnifying glasses.

On the positive side I really was caught up in the story, which does not happen often. I think the graphics are nice and fit the story.

I see WOW or HALO refered to for load time and not sure that is a real fair comparison because WOW has many different things that influence load and play speeds.

I see that this is a long game and I guess I enjoy childrens games (i do not think this is one) and I do not feel that all casual games need to stimulate my brain or thought processes
I play to relax not always to think, lol

I give this game a 4 out of 5 and would recomend everyone to try it first then decide.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Aug 4, 10 8:40 AM
babsbear wrote:Cute game but not for me

It is too cute for me. Way to much back and forth. Thought I might like this one, but I really did not

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 4, 10 9:19 AM
I was one of the closed beta testers for this game and I have to give giant kudos to the developers because they really worked hard to bring forth one of the best games on the market today. It has a good story, funny and interesting dialog and it is really long. I would strongly recommend playing the game with the sound on to hear the voices. Also, if the objects are really tiny, try unchecking panaromic screen. Don't give up on the first couple of screens. The items get easier to find and the story is worth it. I give this game

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Aug 4, 10 9:27 AM
I admit I was a sceptic at first...BUT I LOVE IT!
Played the entire demo & was dissappointed at the end coming to quickly.
I got up into Chapter 2 after 40 minutes of play...so at least 3 hours if the the easy peasy rate stay the same
Pros:
Magnifier for itty bitty objects
Two modes
Can turn OFF twinkle cursor
Grest Graphics
Humour is great--little demon thinks he's a fairy LOL
Cons
Have to go back & forth alot between rooms
Can take a awhile to load next scene (chapter) if on an XP
All in all at least 41/2 of 5

Edited on 08/04/2010 at 9:29:18 AM PST

cucumber89
Salmon
Salmon
2,807 Posts

[Post New]by cucumber89 on Aug 4, 10 9:39 AM
I bought this from the developer the day it came out. It is a superb game and it offers hours of gameplay. The graphics are beautiful and I LOVE the demon!

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Aug 4, 10 11:08 AM
I was also one of the testers in the closed Beta. The developers really worked day and night to make this marvellous game.They listened to every comment and suggestion that we had. This is one of the best games I ever played.
It have it all : Good story,funny dialog and comments, fantastic voice-overs (which I personally love),wonderful graphics (everytime I play,and I have played it several times, I notice something new) and long play-time.
It really is a game!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 4, 10 11:14 AM
I bought this from the developers as soon as I heard about it.

GREAT GAME..... .LOVE IT

I am SORRY that most think its a "BAD GAME" b/c of a demon...IT is NOT a unchristian , EVIL, SPIRIT..
Its a helper who has a BAD SENSE of HUMOR. "A HINT BUTTON"

I played the game for over 5 hrs. I took my time and listened to the different voices and LOVE the story.

i am waiting for the 2nd part, I agree it left things WIDE OPEN for PART 2.

Happy Gaming
PEN

tyyllls
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tyyllls on Aug 4, 10 11:21 AM
Hi! I love the game and played the full demo and decided to buy it. When I went back in to play, I had to start over again! That's strange- never had that happen before. I'll wait till later, don't want to do it again right now. Love the cute characters, and I know it's going to be a long game which is great. The graphics are excellent. This is a fun, relaxing HOG. I like the ones where you have to figure things out, like Elixer of Mortality, etc, but once in a while it's nice to not have to use your brain so much. Keep them coming Big Fish!!

5susie
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by 5susie on Aug 4, 10 11:30 AM
I, too, was part of the closed beta testing team and have played this game a lot. It's hours long, has an enjoyable story, good and involving (some quirky) characters and is far more satisfying than most games I've played. There is some hand holding at the beginning but once into the game that stops and the game, even in casual mode, becomes more challenging. The music and the sound effects are spot on giving tension and humour and really add to the whole experience though you can turn them off if you really want to. Demon is hilarious and even after umpteen playings still makes me laugh out loud. This is a game with story, challenge, humour, Easter eggs to hunt and film references to identify if you want to. You can play it to relax, play it for a challenge, play it and replay it and still need hints to find those elusive objects - and not all of them small objects either! - play and replay the mini games and any level unlocked, play and replay any chapter and it auto saves when you leave it and if you are someone who likes to speed through a game you can do that too. The hand drawn art is great and worth looking at in detail, the magnifier is easy to use and has been an absolute boon to my ageing eyesight. As a long time adventure gamer Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal has been a delight and satisfying to play on so many levels and for a game that remains fresh after numerous playings extremely good value for money.
This gets a definite from me.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 4, 10 11:52 AM
also gotta love devolepers that ask your opinion...and listen......for those that like it, the devolepers are asking for ideas for the next installment

vitomojo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by vitomojo on Aug 4, 10 12:08 PM
I didn't like the game as much as I thought I was going to. It has a lot of merits and it was fun but not quite my style. I am not a big fan of games that use the magnifying glass aspect either but in this game you certainly needed it.

Other than the fact that it wasn't my cup of tea, it was surprisingly challenging to find the objects and the dialogue with the demon was pretty amusing. The tasks you were given had a purpose and you only had to search for items you needed, no hunting down a thimble for no apparent reason. On the down side there was a LOT of dialogue (with voiceover) and I got a little tired of it.

I guess in my book I would give it 3 out of 5. Not a bad game but not engaging enough for me.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Aug 4, 10 12:13 PM
I played the demo with my 11yr. old. He liked it, and at one point commented about "Ninjas... there's always ninjas" in the game.

The graphics are great, the storyline wonderful, and the demon is funny. There is a lot of back-and-forth, and a lot of "if you do a task for me, I will give you something you need for another task". This will get on my nerves after a while, but I will get over it.

Thank you to those who participated in the closed beta testing and posted comments. It is good to see that the developers listen to the testers.

This game is a buy for me and my son.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Aug 4, 10 12:23 PM
justaques wrote:Well. I had a little problem with the game. When I came to the end of the demo I kind of liked it's quirkiness so decided to buy it. However, when I d/l full version I had to start from the beginning so I thought oh well, but when I quit it again and went back in it had not saved. Does it not save automatically or what?

The game is supposed to save automatically everytime you exit.

I never had a problem with the game saving automatically and I'm not aware of anyone else having that.

You should try contacting BFG CS. Maybe it's something specific to the BFG version.

EDIT!!! Ignore what I just wrote!!
Check the Technical Issues forum here. The developers are online there answering questions and offering help.

The developers of this game have gone way above and beyond in trying to make this game accessible to everyone. If they can't solve your problem, it won't be for lack of trying!

Edited on 08/04/2010 at 12:27:45 PM PST

4babes4me
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by 4babes4me on Aug 4, 10 12:33 PM
I Loved it. After playing the demo, I immediately grabbed my credit card and bought it from the developer. Didn't even take a minute to think about it. That's not my style either. I always think about every cent I spend. I have no regrets and will play it again someday. Brunhilda gets my .

Go to: