PaulG
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by PaulG on Aug 5, 10 11:18 AM
Chalk up another who will wait for the $6.99 version. All ready have the Mayan one and nothing on these CE's are worth 3x except on rare occasions; this not being one of them.

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Aug 5, 10 11:20 AM
penrose47 wrote:I am going to wait for the $6.99 game..

1) I already own the The Forgotten Riddles great game

2) i do not care for Wall Paper

3) i do not care for the music

4) I do not care for the xtra art....

Happy Gaming

PEN
SAME HERE!!!! I REALLY DO LIKE ENLIGHTENUS GAMES THOUGH!AND WILL WAIT FOR THE 6.99

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Aug 5, 10 11:42 AM
Feeling the same as 'most' here. Like the game a lot. If I had endless $ would buy but alas, need to keep budget intact somewhat. I loved the first one and this seems to be more of the same with a bit more polish to it. I like the reverse of putting objects where they belong instead of finding them and the humor is good. The graphics are very pretty, nothing dark or unidentifiable. Have to plug in the gray matter. Very relaxing to play. Could do without the music . Will just wait until the $6.99 version comes out. Happy gaming to all that purchased this one

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Aug 5, 10 11:47 AM
I own the first Enlightenus game and have played it more than once. It's a great game. I have almost finished playing the demo for Enlightenus II and plan on purchasing it also.

BFG, two suggestions: First - perhaps have a day or two where you offer an exclusive sale on all your Collector Edition games, say 30% off or so, since so many people either do not want to pay $19.99 for a game or they are just not in a position to do so.

Second - when you offer Collector Edition games, most people do not care to pay the extra money just for wallpaper, screen savers, game music or a sneak peak at what is coming next. Offering a bonus chapter or scene as an incentive is a better idea as long as it is significant.

Thank you and keep the good games coming!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 5, 10 12:23 PM
I wouldn't know exactly how to classify this one - all I know is that I have played 45 minutes of the demo and don't even know exactly how I feel about the game. It's awfully easy (too easy so far unless it get more involved and engaging as it goes along) and, in my opinion, a poor sequel to the first game which I really liked. I don't know... maybe if I could snag it on sale or, better yet, a Daily Deal... then maybe I would buy it. I didn't like either of the Forgotten Riddle games - one of them I actually bought as a Daily Deal and have never finished - I would rather do housework than play that game - if that tells you everything I feel about it and then some. This game here reminds me more of the Forgotten Riddle games than it does the original Enlightenous!!! Bummer!!!!

P.S. I already posted this in another thread but didn't have anything to add about my opinion and didn't want to retype.... so there!

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Aug 5, 10 1:25 PM
Absolutely loved the first Enlightenus. This one is just as great and I'm going to buy this edition because I don't want to wait. Thank you BF. Can't wait for Enlightenus III.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 5, 10 1:52 PM
I liked this one. Very different form other HOGs. Also liked how easy it is to access the strategy guide...very nice. E cards a bit hard to find and takes a lot of time, but overall, very nice game. I agree, not worth $19.99, so unless I get bored and need a new game to play, I will wait until it comes out at regular $6.99.

medview2
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by medview2 on Aug 5, 10 1:54 PM
Cyndo123 wrote:
medview2 wrote:I wonder if anyone can answer my question - The first Enlightenus was developed by Blue Tea Games. When I check their website, they don't mention "II" for this game. Was this game developed by them or is someone ripping them off?

I checked the credits on the game and it says developed by Blue Tea...

Hope this helps

Thanks so much Cyndo! I guess I will buy it then.

[Post New]by dee4dee on Aug 5, 10 1:57 PM
I loved the trial of Enlightenus II. However, I already own the full version of "Forgotten Riddles: Mayan Princess" so I don't want to have to buy it again by purchasing the collector's edition of Enlightenus II. It would be nice to either get a discount for already owning the other game or be able to purchase only the "Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower".

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 2:04:48 PM PST

[Post New]by dee4dee on Aug 5, 10 2:37 PM
CasualGran wrote:Beautiful sequel to a beautiful game. Graphics are great, music is good, atmosphere is very enjoyable, objects can be found easily and there's no timer Only the cards you use to get more hints can be very hard to discover, because they are blended in so well. But furthermore, a perfect game!

I collect the cards but never use them. They are just to refill the hint button quickly. Be patient and look for the objects and solutions and your hint button fills before you realize it! This way you have endless hints and the game takes a little longer.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Aug 5, 10 2:41 PM
Well, durn, I loved the first one and was so excited to see the Enlightenus II, but I don't want the Mayan Princess game. I'll wait it out until the regular version is issued.

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on Aug 5, 10 3:33 PM
Way to much money for this game - can't even compare to others. To much of the same type of play over and over again. Will definitely not buy and most likely delete.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 5, 10 3:48 PM
I liked this game alot, but would buy it only as a regular version. I will replay the first part again. Great game

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 5, 10 5:26 PM
Really like this one. I apparently own the first Enlightenus, but I can't remember it really. Guess I should go back and play it while waiting for the standard version of this edition to come out.

After playing so many HOGs lately, it took me a minute to figure out I didn't need to find the objects, but place them where they go instead. In my hour demo I completed floor two and had just started three. Since I got basically halfway through and I already own the bonus Forgotten game, I think I can wait until the standard version comes out. I like the fact that you get another floor basically with the CE, but I can't see that being worth $13.99 more than the standard version. If I didn't already have the bonus game, than this game might be worth the $19.99 CE price.

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Aug 5, 10 6:17 PM
barelyberlee wrote:
heatherington wrote:You will not see me buying games for $19.99 anymore. I will also wait until this comes out for $6.99. But it will have to get in line because I'm still waiting for Echos of the Past and then Redemption Cemetery so this one will have to get in line.

I am with you, although I haven't tried this game yet, but I want to get the other 2 first. Kind of getting tired of all of the CE's. I don't have 19.99 to pay for one game let alone 2. I liked it better when they came out with a CE game about once a month and all the other games were 6.99. Then I could get 3 of the other games I liked by the time the CE came out for 6.99.
bought redemption cemetery today-another CE?? jeez that makes 3 I want-really pushing the envelope with all the ce"s lately!!

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 6:31:38 PM PST

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Aug 5, 10 6:28 PM
I loved the first Enlightenus. Just finished the demo. Like most I'm going to wait for the regular version to come out. Happy gaming everyone!!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Aug 5, 10 6:59 PM
I just got around to playing the demo for today. I really enjoyed it. The graphics are great. My only problem with the game is the loading screens. They sort of remove you from the game. It doesn't take too long for scenes to load (maybe just a few seconds), but it's weird seeing the percent loaded screen.

This one doesn't seem to be worth the extra money, since tons of people have played the game that's given as a bonus. Oh well. I guess I'll wait for the regular edition, too.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Aug 5, 10 7:31 PM
besstan wrote:enjoyed the first one but wait till it 6 99 to buy this one tried it and loved it thanks but not worth 19 99 so will wait besstan

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Aug 5, 10 7:32 PM
i agree and will wait for non ce also thought first game better than this

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Aug 5, 10 7:34 PM
hi me never sure i am saying right thing as newbee but i would not pay ce for this but loved there previous game

Go to: