Re:Post any Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by shamriockpog on Aug 8, 10 12:26 PM
nikki_UK wrote:
graytori wrote:I did not get jacket on the 3rd floor. That's all I need to put all in order to retrieve the necklace. I also see others have same problem. I do not want to start over as I have gone too far. I hope this issue gets fixed as I cannot go any farther without starting over. Please check this out.

Yep had exactly the same problem - I did start over and same thing happened again, got everything except jacket, going to ask BF for help on this I think.

I'm having the same problem....Good to know that starting over didn't correct the problem. I hope we can get some help on this issue, it seems to be happening to several of us.

Re:Post any Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by shamriockpog on Aug 8, 10 1:38 PM
shamriockpog wrote:
nikki_UK wrote:
graytori wrote:I did not get jacket on the 3rd floor. That's all I need to put all in order to retrieve the necklace. I also see others have same problem. I do not want to start over as I have gone too far. I hope this issue gets fixed as I cannot go any farther without starting over. Please check this out.

Yep had exactly the same problem - I did start over and same thing happened again, got everything except jacket, going to ask BF for help on this I think.

I'm having the same problem....Good to know that starting over didn't correct the problem. I hope we can get some help on this issue, it seems to be happening to several of us.

OK, went back and just clicked again and again on the cupboards, finally found the jacket...The only thing I did different was going to lamp post clicking on carrots book and other sign, don't see how that would make any difference...just must have never hit the right spot in kitchen.

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Aug 8, 10 3:41 PM
Re: the mcafee problem... Acouple of yearsago Mcafee mistakenly identified a file crucial to the game as a possible threat. They systematically disabled every game I owned. I contacted BFG and mcafee. Together they worked on a fix and I was able to redownload games. Haven't had a problem since. so I would suggest you contact BF tech. Let them know. They will contact Mcafee, as should you. BFG has always been great about getting fixes out to us ASAP. Good luck and Good Gaming.

[Post New]by Tera2u on Aug 8, 10 4:04 PM
I have followed frequently crashes page recommended updated my drivers, did all the steps you listed yet the game continues to lock-up during play. The curser will just freeze and the regular mouse icon will move around the screen. Music and animation still continues but curser will not move.

Any other suggestions to resolve this issue? I have purchased the game.

Thank you in advance

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Laylasmum on Aug 9, 10 12:06 PM
I have to keep re-entering destinations to get the objects to show themselves correctly. sometimes takes 6/7 times. Haven't seen any other problems though.

KATE60
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by KATE60 on Aug 10, 10 3:26 AM
I have downloaded this game twice, and both times when it is complete it says my trial time is up and i haven't even played any of it yet. Looks like this is one game i can't get .

tykec
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by tykec on Aug 10, 10 9:53 PM
I see a lot of members are having the same problem, nothing in the boxes on the scenes, I found that if you go to the stra. guide while in the scene you loose everything, need to turn off computer completely and wait for awhile to get all the items in scene and in boxes. I currently stuck on 6th floor unable to find the item scene it is nowhere to be found. I think I want my money back on this one

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Aug 12, 10 8:27 AM
I downloaded the trial and it messed up my PC something rotten. Spent a couple of hours trying to fix everything and ended up having to restore to a previous point. Still had to sort my desktop icons which were all over the place but happily it also removed the game download. I was going to trial the CE and wait for the non CE but am not sure I want to risk this happening again. I had a report from AVG of a virus but it may well have been a false positive.

[Post New]by Talou14 on Aug 12, 10 7:09 PM
Tera2u wrote:I have followed frequently crashes page recommended updated my drivers, did all the steps you listed yet the game continues to lock-up during play. The curser will just freeze and the regular mouse icon will move around the screen. Music and animation still continues but curser will not move.

Any other suggestions to resolve this issue? I have purchased the game.

Thank you in advance

Having exactly the same problem.. pretty frustrating for a game I just pay 20$ for....

[Post New]by jgbird on Aug 12, 10 7:40 PM
Once I got to the 2nd floor, the game started freezing frequently. I would pick up an object and try to place it and that was it. Not able to do anything but restart the game. It takes me back to the beginning of the scene I was on when it froze. I can get through that scene, Then it may or may not freeze on the next one. I really doubt this is a problem with my drivers (which are up to date). How well was this game tested before being released?

[Post New]by carriebaby2 on Aug 13, 10 8:19 PM
For those having too large of game resolution in the upper left of your monitor, so big that you can't play the game - I had this problem too. I have Vista. I had just recently been fiddling around with my Quicktime install. I had quicktime 5.5 (to try & play Myst Riven again, didn't work), then I bought Enlightenus II and it played fine for several days. Then I decided to upload a current Quicktime 7.4? (7.something latest), and boom, had Enlightenus II go whonky on me. So I uninstalled the newest Quicktime, restored my Vista back to my quicktime 5.5 date and the game worked just fine again.

I don't know if it's related or not, but the old quicktime 5.5 reverts my Vista colors to "Basic Colors"

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by susanner44 on Aug 15, 10 9:48 AM
The first time I finished the game, I was able to open up the bonus play, but when I tried since then it tells me I have to finish the game first. Even when I finished the game a second time,,,,no bonus. What gives??

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Aug 16, 10 1:09 AM
I should NOT be able to see the L half of my desktop when this game loads! I SHOULD be able to see the entire game screen. The whole thing is shoved over the the R side & totally unplayable when one cannot SEE everything.

Buhbye, no trial. I'm done fiddling w/ my pc for glitchy games.

[Post New]by jgbird on Aug 16, 10 7:44 PM
Interesting game (hate HOGS but enjoyed the reverse aspect and loved the cartoon and other puzzle games) but it keeps freezing on me --- enough to call it quits. I am very sorry that I purchased this fraught with problems version of the game.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Aug 17, 10 12:33 PM
I have been purchasing games from Big Fish since 2006 and NEVER have I been more disappointed in the performance of any of the games I have selected. There have been a few that I didn't like, but at least they all worked!!

I'm on level 5 and have had to exit the game via Task Manager 37 times since I started counting due to freezing. The regular cursor works, but the game cursor freezes. I have spent the last 4 hours updating drivers and doing everything suggested on the help page except to uninstall and reinstall the game. LEVEL 5 people!!!

I'm going to uninstall, reinstall and try again. If it doesn't work this time, I want my money back and I'll not buy another Collector's Edition! I'd rather (not) spend $6.99 on a game and have it not work than almost $20!!

[Post New]by kersplat on Aug 24, 10 11:47 PM
Got the demo and the demo worked fine. Bought the game and it did a "constantly-minimizing" thing to me. It ran, but only in the background, in a completely unusable state, and clicking on the game's icon on the taskbar resulted in a split-second flash of what was going on in the running game.

I figure this is a Windows 7 issue, and/or an issue with my resolution (it's 1366 x 768, but if that was the issue, why did the trial version work with no tweaking....?). I got around it by clicking on the minimized icon on my taskbar and very quickly going to the Options Menu to change to Windowed Mode, which is very troublesome given the speed at which the game minimizes again. This can take several tries and frankly, this is a little more trouble than people should have to go through, but it gets the game running.

None of the other issues reported on this forum happened on my computer, though. I hope some fixes for you guys appear soon.

Is there some way to change the settings of the game BEFORE you launch it? Does anyone know where on your computer the configuration for individual games is saved? Also, why is there such a disparity between some trial versions and full versions?

[Post New]by Bobbibettsroff on Sep 8, 10 6:38 AM
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:I should NOT be able to see the L half of my desktop when this game loads! I SHOULD be able to see the entire game screen. The whole thing is shoved over the the R side & totally unplayable when one cannot SEE everything.

Buhbye, no trial. I'm done fiddling w/ my pc for glitchy games.

I am having the same problems..please help! I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling & it still does not work. When I first started the game it would be fine then I would close it out & reopen & have this issue. I am ready to get my money back on this one!

[Post New]by kellogs1965 on Sep 13, 10 5:22 PM
I like the game, but like almost everyone, it keeps freezing. Does anyone know if BF is going to be releasing a fix?

jadeedrie
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by jadeedrie on Sep 21, 10 2:30 PM
gamineannie wrote:Only real problem so far is the game does not close properly when i exit it. Twice, I had to stop the process with Task Manager.
Are there really E-cards in each scene? Cause I have seldom found any. Either they are not there or too well hidden.

Yes really there are E cards in each and every scene. There is also a walkthrough for the game that shows where the E-cards are at. It helped alot when looking for for the E cards especially in the Gyspy puzzles.

Here is the link below. I hope it helps.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/enlightenus-ii-the-timeless-tower-walkthrough/

jadeedrie

Edited on 09/21/2010 at 2:50:59 PM PST

jadeedrie
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by jadeedrie on Sep 21, 10 2:43 PM
First off, I love the Enlightenus games. I have both games Enlightenus and the II and now the Collector's Edition.

So, here's my problem. Right now, I'm on the second floor in the Forbidden City puzzle and I am missing the vase in the picture so that I can put in the flowers and then move on. But I can't. I've already backed out of the scene twice and then entered it again. No vase. I even uninstall the game and then installed it again. Again no vase.

So what's going on? Just out of curosity.

jadeedrie

Go to: