Re:Post any Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate technical issues here only

[Post New]by wyldedragonfly on Aug 8, 10 5:22 PM
I was able to download and play the game all the way through then when I went to exit the game, it froze and I was unable to shut the game or my pc down correctly.

I am running XP and I do have Avast and Ad-Aware running. I will try again to get to the menu and see if I can shut the game down correctly.

Edited to add: I should note that I have never had a problem with any of the games I've downloaded from BigFish. So, this is surprising. I was able to access the game again and was able to Quit correctly. I'm hoping this is a one time thing.

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 5:34:11 PM PST

dandunte
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dandunte on Aug 8, 10 5:37 PM
It appears there is a bug when you get the waterfall started after installing the pipes and valve. It appears we need the angel vase to catch the water but it is not in the inventory anymore. Nothing is in the inventory.

[Post New]by iwikAB on Aug 8, 10 9:25 PM
Have started game three times due to game stalling at three different locations.

Have uninstalled as well as playing under different profile and nothing but problems.

Have not been able to complete the game at all....

Not good enough really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT to add: Tried again using my fourth profile and got to the end...wooo hoooo.... Will be buying the others.....

Edited on 08/09/2010 at 4:45:53 AM PST

[Post New]by dimelet on Aug 8, 10 10:05 PM
I am also getting access violation but about at the end of the game

boohbah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by boohbah on Aug 9, 10 12:21 AM
Hi, I am also getting the access violation error and am unable to play the game.
Sad.

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Aug 9, 10 6:11 AM
I have the previous Samantha Swift games, so pleased to see this one..BUT already stuck before completing the demo. Seems others have had similar problems elsewhere in the game.

Mine is: I have found the bottle of acid and it went into the inventory but now that I need it for the padlock it has disappeared.

Also, when I looked at the fence puzzle with the painted boards - I have them all there but the one from the crate which I can't use because of the padlock problem - it's really difficult to click on the exit because it just makes the boards jump about.

Glad I didn't just buy the game!

[Post New]by NekoRyuukiChan on Aug 9, 10 7:21 AM
This has been mentioned by someone else in a different thread for this game, but I want to make sure the developers know.

I'm having an issue with the River House: Outside scene. After collecting some items there that were put into my inventory tray, I couldn't find one, so went ahead into the River House: Inside scene. After completing all the HOG inside, I returned outside, found the item, then when it came time to use my inventory items on the post, I realized that all of my previous items from this scene were gone. I still had the inventory items from the Inside of the house, but not for the Outside. Strangely enough, all of the items in the tray are displayed properly when Inside the house, but the two I need for the Outside disappear as soon as I leave the house.
Needless to say, this means that I have to stop playing and start over from the beginning.

Until this issue is fixed, I advise players to not leave the River House: Outside scene until they have used all of those inventory items. THEN proceed into the interior. Though, actually, as I'm reading some of these tech problems people are having, it may just be an overall rule to not leave a scene until you are completely done with it, lest your inventory items may disappear.

Edited on 08/09/2010 at 7:24:53 AM PST

Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by 070650 on Aug 9, 10 9:42 AM
HAS ANYONE LOST ANY OF THEIR INVENTORY ITEMS IN THE GAME? nOW i CAN'T GO ON W? O THE ONES tHAT JUST DISAPPEARED ON ME,i GUESS i WAS USING THE WRONG ITEMS TO FIND ONE OF THE HIGHLIGHTED ITEMS,aND WHEN i FOUND OUT WHAT i WAS DOING WRONG,i WENT BACK & TWO OF THE ITEMS i NEEDED WAS GONE.iS THERE ANY ANSWER TO THIS ONE.wHAT DO i DO NOW.i REALLY DON'T WANT TO START OVER.
pLEASEHELP ME.sORRY ABOUT THE CAPS i REALIZED AT THE END THEY WEE THERE.
pREDER

Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by 070650 on Aug 9, 10 9:45 AM
Mine disappeared while I was on the same scene.I jut left it briefly to check my strategy guide.Now what?
Preder

Susu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Susu2 on Aug 9, 10 9:47 AM
I to am getting access violation code 803-400. It worked fine then quit. Very fustrating

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Aug 9, 10 1:21 PM
I already wrote to customer service just now with this information, but honestly I don't expect them to be able to fix it because it seems like the saved game is corrupted now, but sharing here in case someone else had the same problem...

I was at the point in the game where the BF blog walkthru says: "Use the EMPTY CUPID to collect the Waters of SHANGRI LA from the Pool (V). You will need to click on the CUPID a couple of times until it returns to your inventory."

Except what happened was when I clicked on the CUPID about 50 times, nothing happened and my entire game froze. I was finally able to go back to the game's main menu, but when I re-entered the game, I didn't have the CUPID, and was stuck, because I couldn't progress without it. I should have simply seen a cutscene and been moved on to the next area, but this didn't happen, and there was nothing else to be done in the game.

So... I guess my saved game is ruined? I'm exceedingly disappointed, because it took me several hours to get to that point, and I'm not really keen on the idea of replaying all that just to have the same thing happen again.

[Post New]by ErikViking on Aug 9, 10 2:48 PM
I have had no issues with access violation, but have had problems with items missing from inventory when I go back to use them. Leaving the screen and going back has reset the inventory for me on most occasions, but I finally got to M'Alice's gate and tried the key first. After finding the correct solution, I went to get the key again to continue and it was gone and never came back. I have had to start the game over with a new profile. So far so good, but it has taken the 'first play' enjoyment from the game. I seem to remember the same issue with an earlier SS game 'losing' an item and having to start the entire game over.

zombiekop1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by zombiekop1 on Aug 9, 10 6:22 PM
My game just freezes my whole computer I played the free hour no problem now I can't play it at all.

[Post New]by moonstar727 on Aug 9, 10 6:29 PM
my issue is with the diamond fang...i have one and can see the other as the tip of the boot,,,but when i click on it nothing happens....am i clicking in the wrong place? it seems to be the location the walkthrough points out,,,any help please.

judy

gam2019
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gam2019 on Aug 9, 10 7:23 PM
I downloaded the trial but when I finally got to the play part...well.......
the into played then nothing but black screen and a cursor...
I then had to shut my computer off to get out..I've downloaded twice and this has happened both times.

Anyone else?

[Post New]by hensleys5 on Aug 9, 10 11:06 PM
AFlowers wrote:Fig Puzzle:

On the fig puzzle, I got all 18 figs. When I go to the puzzle, it only shows 15 figs. When I start working the puzzle, it says that I do not have enough figs. If I pick up a fig, the game may throw it away and decrease the count.

I would skip the puzzle, but there does not appear to be any way to skip it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Exactly the same issue!!!!

[Post New]by dallas1980 on Aug 10, 10 6:44 AM
hensleys5 wrote:
AFlowers wrote:Fig Puzzle:

On the fig puzzle, I got all 18 figs. When I go to the puzzle, it only shows 15 figs. When I start working the puzzle, it says that I do not have enough figs. If I pick up a fig, the game may throw it away and decrease the count.

I would skip the puzzle, but there does not appear to be any way to skip it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Exactly the same issue!!!!

I am having the same problem.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Aug 10, 10 8:55 AM
hi
can't play either....download went fine, when I tried to open the game I got a warning from my anti virus program (kaspersky). Went ahead any way, all I got was a black screen and some bright spots and a message about an access violation, something about negative delta time????? That's a new one..... Unistalled game. I've noticed lately that a lot of the new games have some kind of problem. I think from now on I'll wait a while before I try them so maybe some of the bugs can be ironed out.
I've made it a habit, too, before I even try a game to first check out the forum for it, specifically the technical problems.

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Aug 10, 10 3:01 PM
If they ever fix the bugs I would get this, but I'm getting a little tired of all these glitches this is the 2nd game in a month I couldn't get to work. I get black screen w/ a "bump" sound. The CS folks are great and had it fixed except when I quit the game & tried to go back in same old problem.

[Post New]by bookkeeper0204 on Aug 10, 10 5:49 PM
i'm hung on the matador, I know where he is and what to do but my diamond teeth are missing. I won't let me go back to last room, so i'm stuck. I have this on 2 computers and just got past it on 1 of them but did have the same issue on the other computer in an earlier room. Something I knew i had wasn't there to use but I went back 1 room and it was there when I came back in.
I was up to where m"alice took the emerald cross and had no problems on on other computer, except losing my inventory stuff. i've gotten all of the Samantha Swift games and really like them.
I usually don't have any problems w/ any of the games I've gotten from Big Fish. I try the demo before I buy.

Edited on 08/10/2010 at 6:01:46 PM PST

Go to: