ConJe01
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by ConJe01 on Aug 13, 10 3:40 PM
Like many, I am having trouble at the factory. I just finished with the trial version. I had played the CE when it came out and continued playing on the regular version this morning. I only played part of it and when I went back to the factory, everything is black; I had no uniform hat and other things the walkthrough shows. The walkthrough shows using the knife on the cabinet to the left. However, when I tried to use it, I couldn't get it to work anywhere near where it was supposed to be used. The walkthrough shows where to place the broom and that wouldn't work either. I definitely won't be buying this game.

ConJe01
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by ConJe01 on Aug 13, 10 3:59 PM
In reply to Penrose, it is very discouraging that the folks at BF continuially say it something with the user's computer. I had been playing Blood Oath for what seemed like 24/7 with no problems. I was reading all the problems that do seem to be growing with technical issues. Then suddenly, the right side of my screen was off the grid. I inquired to to techs and the first thing they reply is, would you believe, "It must be your video card." I know there are a lot of people who are not that technical to know to update this and that, but I had just had everything updated on my computer, cleaned, etc. Then after playing for a couple of weeks for it to happen? I don't think so. I started looking at all of my other games and every one of them that wasn't in a decorative frame had the same problem. Then I get another response with all of these other things to "fix" a problem that wasn't even my computer's problem! I believe BF has changed something and they just don't want to own up to it. There are too many people suddenly having the same kinds of problems, overnight! :-(

CJ

[Post New]by 4mason on Aug 13, 10 5:17 PM
First I played the beta test, then the CE, then bought the reg edition today. I was blessed with the black screen so I started a new profile. Problem is I can not get it to play in wide screen mode. The option is there but faded out so I can not click on it. I re-installed but still can't get it. Is the only option full screen?

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 13, 10 7:30 PM
I tried to run the demo and got the infamous black screen, too. I deleted the CE version and the demo runs fine. However, I can not get the dowload link to work that I received when I purchased this game. I keep getting a NSIS error saying the link is bad. I just ran Dr, Felix yesterday and bought and downloaded a game yesterday so I know it isn't my computer.

Why do I get the feeling that I am going to get a response saying it is my video card driver, lol?

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 1:07:25 AM PST

jocarl17
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Slow download?

[Post New]by jocarl17 on Aug 13, 10 8:00 PM
I have been trying to download this game all day. It is just crawling along, which has never happened with any other game. Am I the only one? I am talking about hours!

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Aug 13, 10 11:22 PM
Does anyone else have my particular problem? The first time I played the game it was fine, until I got near the end, then it kept booting me out to the Desktop. I had to keep clicking on the icon, then Resume Game, to get back in. I would be right where I left off, then it would happen again a minute or so later. This happened until I finished the game!

I uninstalled then reinstalled to see if it helped - it didn't. I even replaced my keyboard and mouse in case they caused the problem (I had to change them anyway), but I am still having the same problem only this time, right from the start of the game! Sighhhh.

I really like this game, but the constant booting out from the game is getting me down.

I'm thinking I may have to report it to CS.

Jen.

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Aug 14, 10 3:36 AM
ConJe01 wrote:In reply to Penrose, it is very discouraging that the folks at BF continuially say it something with the user's computer. I had been playing Blood Oath for what seemed like 24/7 with no problems. I was reading all the problems that do seem to be growing with technical issues. Then suddenly, the right side of my screen was off the grid. I inquired to to techs and the first thing they reply is, would you believe, "It must be your video card." I know there are a lot of people who are not that technical to know to update this and that, but I had just had everything updated on my computer, cleaned, etc. Then after playing for a couple of weeks for it to happen? I don't think so. I started looking at all of my other games and every one of them that wasn't in a decorative frame had the same problem. Then I get another response with all of these other things to "fix" a problem that wasn't even my computer's problem! I believe BF has changed something and they just don't want to own up to it. There are too many people suddenly having the same kinds of problems, overnight! :-(

CJ

I have to say that I'm inclined to agree. I had no internet for 2 weeks, I came back and couldn't get Shaloin mystery to play (like a few other people). I updated ativex & another program that CS advised but still couldn't play the game. I then decided to try this game (I loved the first one) and guess what? I can't get it to play either!
I will not accept that it's my computer/system that's wrong - everything played fined before and I've done the updates - I think something else has changed...........

sandix
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sandix on Aug 14, 10 5:00 AM
Hi all

Same problem as everyone else (never had a problem with BFG games before), will try a new profile see if that works!

kitty_2009
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kitty_2009 on Aug 14, 10 5:48 AM
Alright, here's the weird thing, so, I got the lights on and everything in the factory in the Collector's edition and then I leave the tavern in the regular version and it's as if everything that I did, didn't happen, what's up with that? Hmm?

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Aug 14, 10 8:28 AM
I completed, I thought, the tasks in the factory, tavern and pharmacy. I went to the bridge couldn't figure out what to do cutting the wood. Checked the BF Walkthrough and discovered that I should have opened the safe in the pharmacy but when I tried to go back to it my screen had frozen. I managed to get back the desk top but when I go back into the game it is still frozen.

If it happens again I'll try to change player and see if that works. Unfortunately it means wasting time repeating what I have already done. Mind you, at least I should remember what I should do next.

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on Aug 14, 10 10:45 AM
Seems I am joining a long line of fishies with the same problem.

By that I mean black screen just with the icons in the corner?

I played the demo and got the blank screen.

Now I am so annoyed because as soon as I bought todays release I remembered,

otherwise I would not have bought it.

I to await word on how to fix this problem or I will surrender it for a GC,

fingers crossed it will happen soon, as I do like this game a lot.

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Aug 14, 10 11:02 AM
I, too, went to chop the wood and realized I had to place the handle on the safe in the pharmacy (to GET the axe). Now, my cursor is frozen. Have restarted the game, and reinstalled the game ..........still frozen at that point. Will have to START OVER again with a new profile to see if that works. If not, it's back to CS for a refund. I'm getting to be an old customer lately, with so many games not working after purchase. Getting to the point that I am reluctant to make ANY purchases since, after playing demo's that work, the games have snags. Losing confidence, BFG, losing confidence.

cgibson856
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by cgibson856 on Aug 14, 10 12:31 PM
Any chance of BF giving us any answers to this problem?

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Aug 14, 10 2:17 PM
Started game from scratch with new profile and it worked. I'm almost finished. I can sleep happily tonight.

Hope it works for everybody else.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Aug 14, 10 3:07 PM
Helmaron wrote:Started game from scratch with new profile and it worked. I'm almost finished. I can sleep happily tonight.

Hope it works for everybody else.

Remind me to keep my big mouth shut until AFTER I've finished a game. When I returned to the final confrontation scent the dratted game froze AGAIN.

I am so angry with myself.

CatfishT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by CatfishT on Aug 14, 10 6:41 PM
i got stuck 45 minutes into the trial. I had just given the innkeeper the bottle of wine. Then he went into his speech about the wine and the fragment he had for me. Then the game froze up. The music played and the guy was moving as he breathed, but it wouldn't continue on. This was the plain ol $6.99 version I was trying. It looks like a fun game, but I'm hesitant to buy it.

[Post New]by rwhe012966 on Aug 14, 10 7:10 PM
lindaa1 wrote:
Emmmms1974 wrote:
Dara6028 wrote:I just retrieved the Factory Guard's hat, but when I go into the factory I can't see anything other than the game icons in the upper left & right corners. Everything else is dark. If I try and return to the main menu, the game just hangs and then I have to "Ctl Alt Del" to get out of the game.....

Yeah thats EXACTLY whats happened with my game?!!!!

Me too!

That has happen to me as well I was looking through my inventory for a flashlight. Help!

[Post New]by harrison007 on Aug 15, 10 12:02 AM
Hi I have had the same problem with the screan going black but the things remaining around the edge of the screan I have tried a new profile but it still happens I have the same problem. I have read all the tech issues but no one seems to have an answer. what do i do . Does any one have any bright ideas

tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on Aug 15, 10 3:17 AM
Dara6028 wrote:I just retrieved the Factory Guard's hat, but when I go into the factory I can't see anything other than the game icons in the upper left & right corners. Everything else is dark. If I try and return to the main menu, the game just hangs and then I have to "Ctl Alt Del" to get out of the game.....

This has happened to me too, I have reinstalled the game twice and it still comes back to this frozen screen.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 15, 10 3:41 AM

This happened to me too with the Standard Edition. I first played the hour-long demo of the CE, then downloaded the Standard Edition to continue the game, and it went all black when I tried to enter the Factory.
This never happened to me before with any game, so I am just uninstalling it and won't bother with it any further.

It certainly says something about a game when there are more posts in the 'technical issues' thread than there are in the 'reviews' one. *sigh*

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 3:56:58 AM PST

Go to: