Flirt Bonuses in 5.1??

fauxgina
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Flirt Bonuses in 5.1??

[Post New]by fauxgina on Aug 21, 10 4:19 AM
I love this game, and I enjoy a challenge, but level 5.1 seems impossibly difficult! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's found it so hard. The only clue the game gives you is in the tutorial screen where you see Derek and Janet with a little heart between them -- I don't know why it doesn't go into more detail than that. I know that by the final level we as players are past the point in the game where we wants to waste time being shown how to do things, but the least the game could do is show us what we're looking for, like a little heart appearing over the couples' heads, or at least what the flirt bonus looks like when you get it; as it is, the flirt bonus gets lost in the other scores that pop up, and I didn't know I was getting the bonus if I wasn't looking for it, and even then I only noticed as a fluke.

Chaining is VERY important in this level, and getting all of one course out before beginning the next shouldn't take so long that the guests ready for the next course start getting angry and losing you points. Another good tip is to memorise where the roses are and pick them all up before you begin seating guests, because it would suck to finally scrape through the level points-wise and miss Quinn's gift!

Patience is not one of my virtues, but I have to say I've tried this level about 20 times already and although I'm annoyed I'm not ready to give up yet. Once I got 20 measly points away from the 13,000 goal. Bah!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 21, 10 5:49 AM
The trick to beating this or any of the tougher levels where you can't make the score is:

1. Make sure you include the bride & groom ASAP in the appetizer, main course & dessert chains. Don't feed them separately but make them the top priority for your first line of guests served. As soon as you have fed them whatever course it is, drag them back to the altar IMMEDIATELY.

2. When they have finished all 3 courses, everytime you drag them back to the altar, they will continue to get new seating request after seating request. It only takes about 5 seconds to seat them, get your points, then move them back to the altar again. They will request new seating over and over and over - giving you bonus points everytime!

3. Always leave 2 spots open for the bride and groom to sit during any "wave" of serving you are doing. The bride & groom will choose the open seats as where they want to sit.

4. IF you blew it by missing a bride or groom's opportunity to sit next to someone that is no longer on the screen and/or you've seen "Last Guest" and that person won't be arriving, place the bride & groom ANYWHERE - take the hit for the bad seating arrangement and get them back to the alter immediately so they can start generating NEW seating requests. This time, keep an eye on them constantly so you don't miss any.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Aug 22, 10 5:05 AM
This is crazy! 13000?? Seriously? As slow as they move and with only 2 tables, how in the world can I get to 13000? Even with flirts, there isn't enough table space and you only are allowed 3 dishes!

fauxgina
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by fauxgina on Sep 4, 10 8:00 AM
I managed to complete level 5.1, much to my celebration.

Much to my chagrin, I got stuck on level 5.2.

[Post New]by mityquinn on Sep 14, 10 8:46 PM
buvez_rose wrote:3 days....over and over...pulling out hair.

Forget where the bride and groom want to sit, pick one spot and leave 2 seats open. Every time they want to sit, put them next to each other for the flirt bonus.

Seat everyone else and then start chaining. dont put the bride and groom into the arch way leave them seated, and then when you start a chain, finish the chain before moving the bride or groom. So do all appetizers, then move the bride/groom.
Then do the meal, move the bride and groom and then do the desert. Try to sit your flirt combo's. and then their seating choices. Just keep getting your chains and you will get it.

If you find towards the end that you are short of points, dont seat the last person. Wait until the bride and groom ask for another spot and seat them first. In 5.1 you dont have the disco balls so make sure to just keep chaining.
Having the daughter speed up meals does not break chaining.
Good luck hope this helps.

[Post New]by rcraig on Sep 18, 10 12:47 PM
Ok seriously what game are you all playing? In my version you CANNOT seat the B&G next to each other unless they both request either the bell table or the diamond table. If they have a request bubble they can be seated, if no request bubble you cannot move them out of the alter. I only get 3 servings of food and it takes forever for Quinn to refill them. I do not have Bernie or Chloe I just have the crazy old lady with that stupid dog and if you don't get the dog in just the right position she will not grab it. I am so sick of this level I really would rather have my money back to buy another game as I have been trying to get off this stupid level for over a week. This game sucks.

[Post New]by snoflayke64 on Sep 20, 10 10:19 AM
Kittycake wrote:OMG I have played this level at least 50 times and I still can't beat it! I am seating the bride and groom together (only getting 200 flirt bonus points not 400 as stated above) and getting every POSSIBLE flirt bonus!

According to the tips above:

Seth (black haired red jacket) flirts with Chloe (blond mom with kid) - I never get a Chole but I get two Seths

Bernie (bookworm bald guy) flirts with Rosie (lady with dog) - I never get a Bernie but I get several Rosies

No-one flirts with the forgetful grandpa Norbert or with the diva Mei Ling?

What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by snoflayke64 on Sep 20, 10 10:21 AM
Also, Mei Ling (diva) flirts with Uncle Norbert (hat & plaid jacket). Haven't found anyone who flirts with poor grandpa!

Edited on 09/20/2010 at 10:22:52 AM PST

Go to: