calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Re: The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by calamari7 on Sep 3, 10 4:47 PM
Am so very happy I didn't listen to all the naysayers about this game, I really liked it. I agree some items are very small [your eyes will need a break now and then ], and the keys are difficult to find [when you go into a scene look for them first, or like me, you'll forget them]. I bought the game [DD special] for $2.99..many thanks ...........how can you go wrong at that price?], and it gave me hours of fun. Some puzzles are difficult [potions, Chapter 7, and figuring out how to make the trees talk to me], and I must admit I used many "reveals" to get thru it! I use a 1280X1024 resolution, so the graphics were OK, just had to get use to the art style. I love taking my time [not into racing through the games like some .....never understood that], so this was a good game for me.

Re: The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by mycatsarefrench on Sep 4, 10 7:29 PM
Hi fishies!

Never commented before but had to about this game. I almost didn't bother to even try it based on some of the reviews, but am soooo glad I did anyway. The graphics are fine in my opinion (I have 50 year old + eyes and demoed this on my laptop) if you like a challenge of very cleverly hidden items (think back to Huntsville).

I like the option of timed or untimed. I like the idea of being graded for each section and with a bonus play if you get an "A" at the end - it adds to the replay value to see if you can beat your time/grade.

It didn't grab me at first, but by the time the demo was over, I knew this was a must buy - especially at the DD bargain price! Had I tried this when it came out I would definitely paid full price for it.

Hints are plentiful if you need them, but I try not to and I like that you do not have to find every object to move on in the game, just 17 out of 20 or 25 out of 28 for instance, but can find more if you like to boost your "grade". The puzzles are not the same old and I liked some more than others, but at least they were not always the same. (I did have trouble with the ones where you have to replace the items, but I got the hang of that after a bit.)

At any rate, for what my 2 cents is worth, give this one a try - you may just find it to be your cup of tea. Happy swimming fishies!

Go to: