Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower

[Post New]by Linabena654 on Aug 24, 10 7:35 AM
The scenes were the same on every floor which made the game boring. I should have know not to buy this game since the same was true n Enlightenus I. At least the E cards were harder to find in this game.

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Aug 25, 10 5:53 PM
Just finished, and overall enjoyed it, though I admit I got a little bored after awhile and ended up playing in four different sessions. It was a good length, considering each session was an hour or more. I really liked the little cartoon "logic" puzzles; they were fun to work out. I only skipped one puzzle, the cash register (I think someone mentioned this one before); it was too confuzzling; the rest were just difficult enough to be interesting.

The ending was really nice and actually brought a little tear to my eye. (Okay, just a little one.) Good story, beautiful graphics and interesting "historical" scenes added to the overall experience. I would play another one like it for sure, though I'd again have to "break it up" to avoid the gameplay getting a little tedious. Four out of five stars.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 26, 10 6:44 PM
I have a very bad memory, and have bought and played so many games, since I played the first Enlightenus, that I can't compare them.
For the price paid, I feel I got enough game play, out of this one, and I did enjoy it, not a favorite that made me excited, like I am when I play a game I really love.
I liked the music, but it may have been a little to soothing, because even though I was enjoying the game, the music made me feel very sleepy.
I am not someone that need's to go back and forth in a game constantly, find one item, than go all the way back to the begining, to place that one item, than all the way back to where you were again, to me that is repetitive.
Than puzzles to figure out every 5 minutes, so I guess that is why we are all different, in what we like and dislike.
I liked and enjoyed, going to different places in time, and placing the items, and than having to place the tokens in the correct spots, and I thought the graphics looked nice as well.
I had 80 hints that I collected, and would of had more, but the second one, sometimes, I just couldn't see or find it no matter how hard I looked..lol.
Could be my memory, but I thought they made plenty of different places to go to, before you repeated them, I guess that's one good thing about having a brain disease, never thought I would find a positive in it..lol.
So I liked it enough, that if they made a third, for 6.99, I would buy it :-)

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Aug 26, 10 10:35 PM
dawntim wrote:
I purchased this game today and got as far as Medievel Castle. I had 4 items left to place, farmers hat, barber scissors, stone wings & royal gem. When I used the hint for each one the area circled made no sense and I could not place/use the item there.

I left the scene and then went back in. This time the items did not show up in my inventory although when I moused over them the name of the item displayed. I left again and came back in and this time the inventory items showed as did the things that the items were to be used on (i.e. the farmer for the farmer hat was now in the scene).

Anyone else have the same problem?

In the Japanese Garden in his 40th year, same thing. I can'r figure out where anything goes, I click for a hint and the hints make no sense and I cant place anything! Very frustrating.

JKPHEP
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by JKPHEP on Aug 27, 10 6:56 PM
I loved the first one and was looking forward to this one. Boy what a let down. I would not even finish the first hour. Glad I didn't spend a credit on it. I know there is a lot of goods things about it that people will like but just not me. JKPHEP

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Aug 27, 10 7:20 PM
Did not like the demo but had a 1/2 coupon so went ahead and bought the game
GOOD GAME
I love where the various "clocks" continue to evolve into a complete scene
very clever and interesting
THANKS

marloflip
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Refund??

[Post New]by marloflip on Aug 28, 10 5:51 AM
Hi guys, i have tried everything you have suggested to fix this game, and it still wont work. I am fed up and dissapointed. Could I please have a refund or credit. Not sure how to go about this? Thanks

Schmootoo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Schmootoo on Aug 28, 10 6:05 AM
@Marloflip - click the help link (top right) if there's no specific info on refunds/credits there is a 'contact us' link you can use and make your request there - I'm sure if they can't help they will point ya in the right direction

marloflip
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Thankyou Schmootoo

[Post New]by marloflip on Aug 29, 10 3:08 AM
I did that and have sent an email message, just waiting now for a reply. Thanks for your help!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Aug 29, 10 3:00 PM
I have to say I got very bored playing the same scenes over and over again. Once in the jungle scene I had nothing but bananas hanging from strings and the items I had to put back were bananas too. Very strange. I left the scene and went back in and it was normal again. I bought this because I enjoyed the first one but this one just wasn't enjoyable to me. I would rather look for something specific than try to figure out where to put something. If I had it to do over I wouldn't have bought because it was more of a job to me than a fun game.

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Aug 29, 10 10:39 PM
I bought the first one.....played this demo 3/4 way through & stopped & bought it too! Definitely worth the money!

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Aug 30, 10 8:44 AM
The graphics in this game are gorgeous. The game play of placing the object is different and fun for a while. I played in doses, so I did not get bored or burned out by placing the objects, Love the minigames. Uniquely different. A must buy. The game plays smoothly for me.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 31, 10 11:02 AM
Half way through it -

I am really enjoying it. I really liked the first one, but took me a while with the first one to ''get it into it/know what they were looking for" and going back ages in scenes to find where you were supposed to go.

Maybe as I played the first game, I slotted really quickly into it. The scenes are all contained (don't have to spend too much time looking for them). The puzzles are better (I love the stick drawings where you have to push buttons to 'tell' the story in the right order). The 'put the buttons' in the right hole mini game is boring though.

It's a really good length. I am frankly quite sick of HOA games now (overplayed them) and now looking for something different which this gives. Although there are other games out there that you do have to put items in scenes this is the first one (I think) that has NO standard hidden object scenes at all.

It's different, not hard, no walkthroughs.

CONS - Maybe some would find the glittering areas too obvious that depict where you should click on next (it could make it less obvious).
No widescreen play - in this age should be a must or at least an option

The unique play for this game makes it one of my favourites.

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 3:38:46 PM PST

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Sep 1, 10 4:44 PM
I'm enjoyiing this game also. I like the put back the objects feature. I got E 1 not too long ago as part of a special sale and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am not dissappointed in the sequel.

vetchick
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by vetchick on Sep 1, 10 6:57 PM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this game!!! I loved the first one, and the 2nd did not disappoint. Hope there will be another one; they hinted at it in this one.

[Post New]by Chattewoman on Sep 3, 10 3:49 PM
I am enjoying this game thoroughly. I loved the first one.... I really enjoy putting the items back, and the descriptions and uses are quite amusing. This one is just as good, maybe better. The graphics are extremely beautiful. The only thing I'll say is that I like it better if I stop playing after floor and come back later. I guess it could get tiresome if you just keep plowing through. But I love it and give it five of five stars.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Sep 4, 10 10:30 PM
Played half the demo. All I can say is, "Is That All There Is?" Putting stuff back, which appears that there is no challenge to at all with the mouse-over feature. You find a spider, you mouse over an empty spider web. What is this all about? Where is the story? Is this all you do throughout the entire game is put things back? It's like having to pick up your room everyday. Booorrrrriiiinnnnggggg.

No way would I even buy this on a DD.

Sorry - no offense to those that all must have found something other in this game other than just putting things back. Plus, game was jerky, slow to load scenes, objects way too small, writing way too small, didn't play smoothly at all.

All my best to those that are really enjoying this game. I'm glad you found something you really like - that's all that matters, Right?

Peace,
cg

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Sep 5, 10 8:49 AM
cyndrap wrote:Did not like the demo but had a 1/2 coupon so went ahead and bought the game
GOOD GAME
I love where the various "clocks" continue to evolve into a complete scene
very clever and interesting
THANKS

OK BIG FISH! This is the third review on different posts that I've come across that has mentioned this thing called a 1/2 off coupon. WHERE IS MINE?!!

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 8:50:57 AM PST

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Sep 6, 10 3:03 PM
Well I bought this today as it was the last day of the sale and I am sorry to say that I am disappointed. I really enjoyed the first but I am very bored with Timeless Tower. I am feeling like it is a chore to finish the game. I have to keep walking away because I get bored and then I come back a bit later and chip off a bit more. I think part of the problem is that you have to keep coming back to the same scene to replace items throughout each level. The scenes that you have to visit seemed like something from one of the childrens I Spy games but not as intriguing. I am also having some problem with the music, it sounds garbled so I just turned it down. The story is not that exciting either. I will say that I enjoyed the mini games. There are not many but they are original. I will update when I actually finish.

Well I finally finished it and I have to say I wish I could get my money back. It is the same thing over and over and over. Very boring and I was not impressed by the ending

Edited on 09/07/2010 at 6:25:28 AM PST

[Post New]by VenomousKate on Sep 12, 10 8:56 PM
Loved the first one, so I bought this on the Labor Day sale without a demo. Honestly, I didn't see that much different from the first one. Same beautiful graphics, same bad voice acting, same generous hint system. This one did take soooo long to load that I started worrying (needlessly) that it would crash my old laptop, but things were fine.

The game was awfully short, though - less than 3 hours.

I did notice that on the last level (no, this isn't a spoiler) they hint at another one coming out. That one I'll be sure to demo before purchase!

Go to: