JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows

[Post New]by JanG7 on Aug 22, 10 8:25 AM
I was beginning to enjoy this game until I had a technical problem (see post in technical problems). Used up too much demo time so its the trash can for this one.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 22, 10 8:43 AM
Well I played the entire demo and I found it kind of fun but I don't think it's for me. I'll wait for a good adventure game

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 22, 10 8:55 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm going to post this thread as the Comments and Reviews thread, thanks for getting it started!

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy Posting!

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows!

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Aug 22, 10 9:09 AM
Graphics could be GREATLY improved. This is going to be a $2.99 purchase for me.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Aug 22, 10 9:17 AM
dcairns wrote:Okay, I purchased this and am in the lab and am supposed to enter the code for the briefcase. I have the code, have entered every which way I can think of and it wont open. Can anyone help here? I have the numbers and have tried entering them in a different order each time, but no luck. Stuck!

Spoiler Alert!!!

You have to enter the numbers 35 8 and 2 I think that is the right order if not switch them around til you get the correct one.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Aug 22, 10 9:43 AM
I have a very fast laptop and this game took forever to load. I've never seen a game take so long to load. This game isn't for me as the objects are way too small and the graphics are not that great.

[Post New]by marine20 on Aug 22, 10 9:55 AM
Because of the technical issue. When it is fixed, we should be able to get our time back and replay.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Aug 22, 10 9:58 AM
A great concept that just doesn't meet the expectations it raises. It tries to be too many things and ends up being unfocused (the game, not the graphics, which are good). I enjoy complex games but this began to seem endless. I enjoyed the opening with the campy news and the amusing subtexts in the running news along the bottom. But then the game just bogs down in a lot of little details that don't add up to much. You look and look and find and look and look, take care of animals, look and look,,,, It took too long to move along. I also do not like games that spell out every move for me, and I think that is my primary objection to the game. (However, I do enjoy the multiple scenes for one HOG list -- interesting direction in this and the Exorcist.) I might invest $2.99 in this game but no more. (P.S. Could some game developer please find another justifcation for an opening HOG scene other than "Hmmmm, I need to clean up before I go have an adventure!")

Jude_Rigby
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Jude_Rigby on Aug 22, 10 10:03 AM
I'll pass on this game, as when I saw the second screenshot with some animals looking pretty much dead that sealed my decision about the game. It's a little too depressing to see animals like that, especially the day after that poor bear in Ohio was euthanized for doing nothing but being a bear. Plus the graphics look really bad, I've never liked these kinds of graphics, and the thought of having to care for a guinea pig for a majority of a game will drive me nuts. Also, was never really into the whole Bigfoot thing myself, gets a bit boring after a while . So no sale, hoping for Reincarnations 2 though! Hope it gets here soon!

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Aug 22, 10 10:25 AM
This is a awful game. When you try to release the animal from its cage, you hit the wrong level - the acid wash. You almost kill the animal. That was enough for me.
Picking up trash at the cave entrance with a dumping site. No way.

Why do they put things like this in games - bad taste.

[Post New]by JustDontTryIt on Aug 22, 10 10:27 AM
I have to go along with doctorgood on this game. I am having no tech problems as of yet. The download was slow, but, this was not the first game to download slowly, and I'm sure it won't be the last. The music is OK and I see nothing wrong with the graphics. The so called hanging basket that one of you mentioned as really being a hanging bag, I think that person mis read the list, my list actually asked for a hanging bag. Going to the hidden lab where the animals are, is no problem for me either.....some of you have described it as being a constant burden, I can't agree with that, plus it's like another person said, you don't have to do it.
This is an enjoyable game for me, as I am sure it will be for some of you too.

Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Patty60 on Aug 22, 10 10:30 AM
I too found the long, long load time to be a bother with the 60 minute trial, but I went ahead and bought the game. I don't find the graphics grainy or blurry, all scenes so far are clear and bright. I can't say I really like having to care for the animals, but I don't really dislike it either, just a part of the game.

I never listen to the music anyway, that is the first thing I change in almost any game.

I don't even mind the hairy hand grabbing, it doesn't last too long. I like the variety of ways that clues are given.

What I don't like is not having a walkthrough and the briefcase puzzle being such a pain. I got the paper with the three elements on it and matched them up with the periodic table, but no matter what order I put them in, it doesn't open the lock. This I find very irritating. Over all I like the game ok, but it won't be in my top 10 list of HOGs.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Aug 22, 10 10:46 AM
Intro was good - the scrolling news feed at the bottom of the news was very funny.

"Oprah buys Morocco" and "Obama and Brad Pitts friends on Facebook" were enough to get me to try the game despite numerous nays.

Mine did not take a long time to load as many have experienced.

[Post New]by yuki222 on Aug 22, 10 10:46 AM
When I exited the game last night, I'd gotten through much of the "find your camera" scene, then when I returned to the game this morning, it started me at the beginning of that scene again. (I have to find my car keys again??) That always makes a game a no-buy for me.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 22, 10 10:51 AM
I think they have tried too hard to make this game many things. The graphics are very nice and the game play is fairly simple. I like the need to move between scenes to find everything.

What I don't like and why I am not buying, is the "Rescued Animals". This is horrific. I can't bear to see animals suffer, even virtual ones. If these animals have been "rescued", why are they suffering so? I want to rip open all of the cages immediately and feed the animals but I am not allowed to do that. As I play the silly scenes where the woman is getting ready to go, I see the suffering animals in the Help screen. I cannot care one whit whether that woman finds her camera while the animals are suffering. A definite NO BUY for me!

[Post New]by JustDontTryIt on Aug 22, 10 11:03 AM
I too am an animal lover, I am a member of the local, state and national humane societies, as well as other animal advocate groups, my own home looks like a zoo. However, I see this game as being just that, a game and not reality.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Aug 22, 10 11:21 AM
However, I see this game as being just that, a game and not reality

I agree completely. And, wouldn't it be a good teaching tool for children! Clean up the recycles, take care of animals, don't let them starve!

The animals in the upper right hand corner are not a distraction for me at all. If I need a clue faster, then feed, give vitamins, play, whatever. It's a game.

I thought it a standard HOG, but not interesting enough for me to take my attention away from the ballgame. Hence, a no buy, but maybe for a DD.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Aug 22, 10 12:49 PM
This one's not for me. The storyline should be interesting, instead it takes forever to get to the point. HOG section is fair at best and the time management aspect doesn't interest me at all. I found the voice-over voices really annoying and I was ready to throttle the stupid animals when they kept interrupting with "Wah! Feed us! Play with us!" Game sections take forever to load. This word in one word? Booooorrring.......

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Aug 22, 10 1:26 PM
Love it!!

I played almost half an hour of the demo and went ahead and bought it. LOVE the concept... I really like true mysteries and have watched that original Big Foot video multiple times in various shows. The only real flaw is that it is sooooo slow to load. I think they didn't take the time to compress the graphics and code it to play nicely with most computers. I have a computer that is about a year old and was pretty top of the line for a home computer at that time (Core i7) without going to the high end hard core gaming machines, add to that the fact that I just upgraded memory, graphics card etc and it STILL takes forever to load scenes... I think they should have worked on that aspect of it a bit. I like to play with sparklies etc so it was great for me but it would have been nice if they had offered a "bare bones" version for those who want the challege of it.

Anyway... there have been a few really great releases lately so I have a few backlogged to finish up... but I haven't burned through all my free games yet so I'll just keep buying them and playing as I have time.

Personally I have a feeling "Big Foot" in some form or another is real. It just makes sense... think the Coleocanth... the fish that was extinct... until... someone caught one. LOL. And they discover new species all the time in the rain forest and similar places. So many things we don't know that are still to be discovered. The truth is out there...

coolkrunch
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by coolkrunch on Aug 22, 10 1:27 PM
Hmm, I guess I should have read the reviews before I bought it. I loved it after just a few minutes. I think it is very funny, and I like the interactive things, I'm tired of plain old HOGs. Unfortunately, I did buy it right away, and have been experiencing technical issues such that I can't play anymore, so I didn't know there was any time management to it, but maybe like the other guy who liked the game, it won't bother me. Two things I don't like: each time you load it, and it takes awhile, it brings you to the how to play it page every time. Every. Single. Time. And I wish when I grab an object, I could hold onto it and use it then. They all go straight into inventory which then closes up, and in all cases I have needed to use the item right away, so it's open/close, open/close...Once they get the glitches out though, I think I will like it. At least it's funny. Be sure and read the ticker tape on the bottom of the TV screen for a few chuckles. BTW, whenever I have a game with annoying music and/or voices, I just turn off all the sound on Options and play Pandora radio or pop in a CD. No problem.

Go to: