Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Bee Garden

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 26, 10 2:20 PM
The 360 ° style is okay for me. A little bit irrating at first, but still okay. But there is another reason, why I don`t buy this game: The gameplay is still boring.

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Aug 27, 10 12:55 AM
There are some truly brilliant games coming out at the moment, but this game is not one of them! What a dog! In fact, I think its its the second worst game I've played all year! What a waste of the screen space - do you ever get to fly further than that tiny patch??. Poorly designed, weird looking bees (they could have been so cute!), and childish rain cloud to put together.

Yes, it did make me sick - both playing it and the fact that it was released at all.

Cannot recommend to anyone.

EnvirolBek
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirolBek on Aug 27, 10 12:06 PM
Wow. This thread was really depressing until some positive feedback came into play here. I thought I was the only one who liked it.

I can admit that first person shooters tend to give me a headache, and so I avoid them. That being said, I can relate to people getting the motion sickness by watching a screen that moves/floats. Maybe this game didn't bother me because I was mostly focusing my attention on the flower bed and just let the bees fly around and do their business. I only panned around when I had to find the hidden objects. At any rate, it wasn't an issue for me, thankfully, because I enjoyed the graphics, design, and game play very much. Yes, the bees move slowly in the beginning. It's part of the tutorial and learning the game. That didn't surprise me at all, nor was I bothered by it. The only thing that really made me stop and say, "huh." about the game was that I was still scoring expert on levels where I wasn't able to complete orders. I take that as a kind gesture from the developers.

Anyway, I liked it. It was different.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Aug 27, 10 8:14 PM
I enjoyed this game quite a bit. The graphics were very darling. I loved the good bees, catapillars and bad bumble bees. TOO CUTE! The flowers were a bit tricky to figure out at first. After a bit of playing, one can figure out what to plant and how much. I loved the relaxation center. Bees worked faster after spending time in it. The order system was interesting, since the level and the orders had time limits. I didn't get motion sick as many did. I suggest trying the demo before buying, to see if it affects you.

A total A!!! Well done

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Aug 27, 10 9:43 PM
I have to say, I love TM games, but this is just not for me. The floaty style annoyed me sooooo much-I usually play the full demo of everything I try, but gave up on this one after 2 levels!! I'm off to play some Diner Dash! sheesh!

Edited on 08/27/2010 at 9:44:19 PM PST

AlderGames
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by AlderGames on Aug 28, 10 2:20 AM
EnvirolBek wrote:The only thing that really made me stop and say, "huh." about the game was that I was still scoring expert on levels where I wasn't able to complete orders. I take that as a kind gesture from the developers.

Sometimes it's quite challenging to fulfill orders, but you can collect nectar drops into the mixed flower honey jar (when there's no matching jar on the conveyor). You can also get money for collecting coin "power-ups" . With these alternative money making possibilities you can still reach expert goal even if a few orders are missed.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Aug 28, 10 12:25 PM
Try GabCab from Reflexive! (Similar to Airport Mania) It is here on Bigfish and got released the same day two other games did. Gabcab is not a kiddie game by any means, but the icon makes it look that way....98 levels, plus you end up replaying them all if you want to try to earn all 5 stars!

Don

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Aug 29, 10 3:41 PM
Didn't make it thrugh the demo. Didn't feel like I had any real control over the movements and the swooping made me sick and it was too darn slow. But I am really disappointed because the game concept is so cute and exactly the sort of time management game I like. My favorite game of all time was Plantasia - I like Ranch Rush and Fiona Finch and any TM game with pretty flowers and critters and fantasty elements. This should have been a winner for me but the developers didn't bother to familiarize themselves with the best TM games first or they would have known that the slow, swooping movements make for awful play. What were they thinking? Stupid!

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Sep 4, 10 3:48 AM
This is a game I at first thought would be crap but then turned out to be quite neat. In the beginning I didn't care for the cutesy graphics (still don't, but it was less bad than I feared) and gameplay was way to slow. Also, I didn't realize that the flowers that were not needed for the current order were still put into another jar of honey, thereby allowing to earn money even if the order was not fulfilled.

Then, pace went up quite suddenly and I started to understand the mechanics of the game better (the little scene at the beginning of each level is not very helpful as a tutorial sometimes). After half an hour I was quite hooked, I like TM games wiwth a really good pace, otherwise I get too bored. I didn't have any problem at all with the moving screen, apart from the fact that it was a bit inconvenient. I also sometimes find the clicking inconvenient (for example: a flower is in bloom, but for some reason one can't click on it directly). The bees definitely are too slow, that's true. So, the game is not perfect, it's not user-friendly in some parts, but it definitely is more fun than I thought and I was surprised about the many bad reviews.

There is a lot to do during each level and time just flies (quicker than the bees....). I think this might be a buy for me.

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Jan 22, 11 5:23 PM
I liked this game at first. But now I am stuck. I cannot get rid of on of the pests. I have been just at this level for a month. I am about to go nuts. I do not know if its me or the game has a glitch. But there is no getting past it. So for now, the game is on my nerves. The upgrades need to be faster also or maybe super juice for the bees so they would move faster, they are just to slow for me.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 11:06 AM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Sep 29, 11 7:28 PM
I finally finished this game with expert on all of the levels, including the challenges. I had no problem at all with the camera.

- You get to do so much in a level, all at the same time! Assembling fragmented objects to get bonuses, planting and cultivating flowers, training bees, filling orders, even some arcade action when killing pests.
- The difficulty level was good. Some of the levels I was able to get expert on right away, and a few I had to repeat a few times to get it.
- I wasn't keen on the 3D graphics at first as I think 2D art looks much prettier, but I grew to appreciate it. The gardens (except for the first one) looked quite nice, and I liked the gameplay mechanics that were enabled by the 3D, like the bumblebees flying around in 3D space, and having to peek around to find the fragmented objects.

Dislikes:
- Buggier than I'm used to for a casual game. There were some crashes, but not enough to be a big pain as the levels are short. A few times when I started a level, it wouldn't play the cut scene or allow me to skip it. Had to abort mission and start again.
- I loved the idea of making specific recipes, but the idea was a bit underdeveloped. It wasn't clear how much of a monetary bonus you get because the game is too hectic to pay attention to how much you get from a jar. And later on when you train smart bees, they fill 2 drops of nectar at a time, so you can't use them to make the special recipes. I would have loved a "cookbook" that collected special recipes you discover as you're making honey that would also show its value.

The Bottom Line:
Charming, fun game with a variety of things to do at the same time (but without devolving into a clickfest). I've played Magic Farm and Fiona Finch and like this one more!

Go to: