LAST LEVEL

[Post New]by triciat26 on Aug 26, 10 1:34 PM
Help!!!
Has anyone finished the last level, I cant do it and keep running out of time. Please Help !!!

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess II

[Post New]by silentpages on Aug 26, 10 5:53 PM
I love the original...have played it to death. I started with A as my name and went through the alphabet to Q so far. (I have replayed many many levels also to get gold). As far as levels played, I believe I am at Z.

I want 2 so bad. If there is no way to turn the annoying voice off, that's a deal breaker. The voice on 1 was the same guy who did zombinis. A very pleasant voice, but you only had to hear it during story time.

2 has a voice actor TRYING to sound like the original and failing. If it is in fact the original voice & something tragic has happened to his vocal chords, I feel like a jerk.

I just don't like how 2 doesn't shut up & let me play. A slight tutorial is appropriate, but constant chatter is crazy!

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by ImJustSaying on Aug 26, 10 6:31 PM
THANK GOD!!! I did not try for free!! I ran to just buy!! These are my favorite kind of games and the first version is my favorite!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

[Post New]by Oricalliori on Aug 26, 10 7:02 PM
I very like this game, even though the unskippable mini-games.
The fishies who like this game, can like also The World of Zellians, that is today's Daily Deal. I find the two games similar.

[Post New]by flutterby_dee on Aug 26, 10 11:02 PM
Super excited to see this game released! The first is one of my all-time favourites, so I will be diving into this one this weekend!

[Post New]by flutterby_dee on Aug 27, 10 12:07 AM
I just played through the demo hour, and I can enthusiastically say this will be a buy for me! As hoped, the gameplay is true to the first game. I like the addition of the hunter character; and while trophies in games may be a gimmick, I always enjoy the novelty of getting an award. Yes, I agree that the man's voice when you finish each level is annoying, but a game this great doesn't come along very often so it's something I can live with.

Jezhara
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Jezhara on Aug 27, 10 1:11 AM
I wasted my game club credit on this game.

I love MKftP1 and play it often.

This game has several twitch minigames which you cannot skip. If you cannot whack things in these minigames fast enough you cannot progress to the next level. If you cannot twitch game I recommend not buying this one.

While the main game is great, though somewhat harder than no.1, the minigames make it basically unplayable if your are not a very, VERY fast clicker.

Edited on 08/27/2010 at 1:15:37 AM PST

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Aug 27, 10 7:21 AM
Loved the first one and really hated this one after the demo. Needs skip button and untimed mode. Don't appreciate games that cause this much frustration. No buy for me. Patiently waiting for Royal Envoy 2.

[Post New]by cinziamaestri on Aug 27, 10 12:37 PM
The game is great and I wasw expecting this as there are very few games in "time management" area (not so much as hidden objjects), neverhteless the game is compromised by too difficult minigames that have not the possibility to skip and go on with the game.
People buying this kind of game want to measure with time management and not with "mini-shooter games"!!
Hope there will be soon an update to this phantastic game.
Cinzia

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 27, 10 12:56 PM
CheerfulDragon8 wrote:Chi, this game doesn't 'kill' the level if you don't finish in 'gold flag' time. You just get a silver shield. I don't know what happens if time runs out completely as I haven't been that bad on any level. I've missed out on gold on quite a few. Maybe I should try losing a level completely, just to see what happens.

With your screen name, you should definitely let the timer run out at least once lol.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 27, 10 1:01 PM
I know what you mean about the annoying narrator. When he tells me I *don't* have enough food!!! I tell him, "and you don't have enough d--k" lol...

[Post New]by littegoldfish on Aug 27, 10 2:55 PM
I have seriously been waiting for this game since playing the first, I am so outrageously happy that it's out!!!

I can't wait to play and from what I can tell from the reviews, I won't be disappointed! Happy gaming everyone!

glowfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glowfish on Aug 27, 10 3:07 PM
Loved the game, but HATE HATE HATE the minigames where you have to smash all the meanies. HATE.

no, really. Don't like 'em. In fact, I wish now I hadn't used a credit on the game, they annoy me so much.

DEVELOPERS: ALWAYS GIVE A SKIP FOR MINIGAMES! Even if we have to 'earn' the skip. Not all of us play with a mouse!

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Aug 27, 10 4:42 PM
I'm definitely getting my money's worth from this game. It's taking me several days to play it. It needs skip buttons on the mini game levels. I had to go into my computer and increase my mouse button speed in order to get by those stages. That shouldn't be a requirement to play a casual computer game. Otherwise, it's fun and I'm glad I bought it.

Myndee
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Myndee on Aug 27, 10 5:41 PM
I've played a LOT of casual games from BFG and up until Royal Envoy, pretty much avoided strategy building games. But as it turned out, Royal Envoy is often my go-to game - I've played it over and over and think it is one of the top values out there for so many reasons. So, that being said, I have dipped my toes in the water and tried some other strategy building games - the Zellians game is also excellent (but not *quite* as much as Royal Envoy .

I was looking forward to testing the demo of MKFTP, to see how it fared. And.... I was really enjoying it up until 30 minutes in, having to, for some reason, play this mini game of whack the hornets. I agree with another gamer that after 10 tries, this is just totally annoying and pointless. If I whacked the bugs too fast, it was game over, if I whacked the bugs too slow, it was game over (and to be clear, I was getting a bug with every whack). This is a game killer for a strategy building game, for me anyway.

Sorry, not building this kingdom....

Yetses
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

:Your Comments and Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess II

[Post New]by Yetses on Aug 27, 10 5:51 PM
great game -as good or better than the first. The mingames also work for me -that wacking with a hammer looks puzeeling but isn't that hard. You have to find the exact place where to stand -one particular spot close to the entrance of the hut. Stay there, don't start running around because they'll kill you.
I do find this sequal much harder than the first one. I am now at 5.10 -have been scraping by. Now I really am stuck, as there is just so much going on at the same time.

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by silentpages on Aug 27, 10 6:40 PM
Myndee wrote:I've played a LOT of casual games from BFG and up until Royal Envoy, pretty much avoided strategy building games. But as it turned out, Royal Envoy is often my go-to game - I've played it over and over and think it is one of the top values out there for so many reasons. So, that being said, I have dipped my toes in the water and tried some other strategy building games - the Zellians game is also excellent (but not *quite* as much as Royal Envoy .

I was looking forward to testing the demo of MKFTP, to see how it fared. And.... I was really enjoying it up until 30 minutes in, having to, for some reason, play this mini game of whack the hornets. I agree with another gamer that after 10 tries, this is just totally annoying and pointless. If I whacked the bugs too fast, it was game over, if I whacked the bugs too slow, it was game over (and to be clear, I was getting a bug with every whack). This is a game killer for a strategy building game, for me anyway.

Sorry, not building this kingdom....

Royal Envoy is also my go-to game. If you haven't popped for the collectors edition, you really should. I hesitantly did & regret that I didn't do it sooner. If you buy it for the 19.99 & contact customer service, they give you a game credit to replace the original purchase. That makes it cost only $13 (assuming you're a game addict and want another game). I'm a game addict, so don't feel bad!
If you are a club member, you keep your original punch from the regular version plus get 3 punches for having a collector edition.
The collector edition has 30 extra levels & a complete walk-through (both are found under extras). I haven't for one second regretted upgrading.
I'm still sad that the voice on my kingdom 2 won't shut up.
Looking forward to Royal Envoy 2 & hoping they don't make the same GIGANTIC MISTAKE!
Happy gaming!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Aug 28, 10 2:56 AM
ajuma wrote:For those of you who haven't played the first MKftP, this is a time/resource management game. I won't go into the story as you kind of have to play the first one to understand...but it's not mandatory for the game...just for the story!

You chop wood, build houses (no, it isn't a building game!) repair bridges, hammer rocks and collect resources. Even if you don't finish before "nightfall" you can still keep playing....unless you totally run out of time.

Different things in this one so far: A little stop watch to let you know when resources are available....I LOVE this!

A hunting lodge: Your hunter can come out any time! You don't have to wait until a worker is available. I LOVE THIS!

Whack the bees with the hammer....don't quite see the point, but ok...

Trophy case. Kind of nice....

If you haven't played this type of game before, give it a try! You'll be come so addicted that you'll even DREAM about the game!

And don't worry that it's a TM!!

Thank you ajuma: Because of your comments I have purchased my first TM GAME!
I really like this one!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Aug 28, 10 2:57 AM
ajuma. me again, I purchased the first one to start with.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Aug 28, 10 8:23 AM
The first one really helps you get used to what you need to do PLUS there is a walkthrough!! There isn't one for this game yet...hoping someone will be ambitious enough to make one!!

And yeah...the mini games are much more difficult in this one. A skip button would have been a plus.

For those who are having problems with the "whack the mole" type games...if you just hang out near the "main house" you shouldn't have too much of a problem. I understand that some people have wrist/hand problems and agree that these should have been skippable!

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 8:27:55 AM PST

Go to: