penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Reincarnations: Uncover the Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 26, 10 11:54 AM
THANKS FISHIES FOR A GREAT review...

i have NOT demoed it yet , came here to read about it.
I LOVED the 1st one.
If I remember right the game ( 1st one) takes a small time in the beginning to get into the story.
It looks like this 1 is going to be also.

Happy Gaming

PEN

Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Reincarnations: Uncover the Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Indy70 on Aug 26, 10 12:14 PM
Superb game. Loved the first one and have been waiting on this one.

And on top of that - a BIG THANKS to everyone at Big Fish for reducing the price of CEs thus allowing more affordability. I have some CE's but have been very selective when I buy them. Now I have more flexibility financially, thanks to you at Big Fish. Wow - you all just made my day.

The game is great and there are no other comments I can add other than I hope lots of fishies will demo the game and give it a try.

2 fins up for sure from me.

Happy Gaming.

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Aug 26, 10 12:23 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOUUUU!!!!!!! BFG FOR THE PRICE CUT FOR CE GAMES. I do frequently purchase CE addtions just because I am to impatient when playing a great game to waith a few weeks for the $6.99 version. I don't ever use all the extras but to enjoy bonus paly when there is a great game, and this one surely is. Thanks again

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Aug 26, 10 12:44 PM
And thanks from me, BFG, for reducing the price of the CEs. I'm always tempted to buy them, but hesitate because I want to be sure I'm getting my money's worth! Based on these reviews, I know I'll buy this one. Can't wait to get home!

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Aug 26, 10 1:57 PM
WOW, BIG FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO! I am soooo happy the CE prices are down, i wasnt gonna buy this one, but cant help it now!

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Aug 26, 10 1:59 PM
Thanks for the lower pricing, but still a no buy for me, even at $6.99 for the regular edition. Does not compare to recent Collectors Editions. Virtually no story line at all. You roam from place to place, mostly solving puzzles (and with little or no directions.) None of it explains how this advances the story. Sorry, just a bore at the end of a very strong month.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 26, 10 2:17 PM
I really like this game - great graphic, good puzzles, interesting storyline. I have bought it today. I really love also the lower price for CEs for members. Thanks,

Edited on 08/26/2010 at 3:13:05 PM PST

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Aug 26, 10 2:24 PM
Great game! Not too easy for me. I am playing in Advanced Mode. Could have done without all those sparkles (my pet peave in gaming). The graphics are great! I also enjoy taking my time and looking at everything. I don't mind all the "traveling" around from place to place, just more of a challenge. And, the price is super....

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 26, 10 3:02 PM
I loved the first one, and I really like this one...may wind up loving it too, but only played a few minutes before I bought it...didn't even notice the lower price, lol. Way to go BF...am sure alot more will be willing to buy CEs now. I think this is a good move on your part, and it is a win win for all of us. Off to play some more now

sunloving
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sunloving on Aug 26, 10 4:35 PM
I will echo the other players in thanking BFG for making CE's cheaper. I rarely buy them as I need to watch my $$'s so the reduced price will make it easier to indulge once in awhile. I played the demo in Challenge mode, got quite far without ever using the Strategy Guide and used the hints just a few times. I didn't skip any mini-games/puzzles and have been able to figure all of them out so far. The graphics are outstanding - appropriate objects hidden and in clever ways. I dislike games with objects that don't seem to belong or are too obvious or too tiny. I always turn the music and sound effects way down so can't comment on them. I think this is one CE I may have to buy as I was very disappointed when the demo ended. I like challenging play that tests my memory and makes me think out of the box and also loved the humor. I didn't play the first one but will try the demo. I wondered why the storyline was so abrupt. Too much dialogue is boring. This one keeps it at a minimum.
Thanks for what looks to be a great game.

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Aug 26, 10 5:47 PM
I'm enjoying this game. I just finished the first section on casual mode and it took me 1-3/4 hours. If the other sections are that long, I'll feel like I got my money's worth. Kudos to BFG for lowering the price of CEs. I'm so impatient. I want to play new games right away, but I just can't justify buying a CE for 3X the price of a regular edition. Two times the price is just about right for immediate play plus extra game play. I don't care about the other stuff, although an internal strategy guide can be a nice addition for harder games.

For this game, based on my play so far, I like that the hidden object scenes aren't too dark or too small, there's not a lot of dialogue, the travel back and forth isn't overly tedious and the mini-games make you think, but don't give you brain cramp. Also, I enjoy that some of the hidden objects require a small manipulation to find them, like clicking on the hen to get the egg. Those kinds of detailed touches alleviate some of the boredom of just finding a list of objects.

One strange thing is that the sound effect when you find an item is overly loud. I had to adjust the settings in the options to dampen it.

After playing the last few good hidden object games, I'll never settle for one of those grainy or blurry games that require you to find tons of thin long objects or tiny pieces of objects again.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Aug 26, 10 6:19 PM
Not much more to say when your the 56th comment on the game...lol...but wanted to put in my 2 cents anyway. This is a very nice game...story a bit shaky but the graphics and all the interactivity along with some cool mini games makes up for it. Took me quite awhile to wheedle thru chapter 1 so for me the game has good playing time. I personally like the music and thought it was well done. Thank you BFG for the discount on CE's

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 26, 10 9:35 PM
I don't remember liking the first one and I am certainly do not believe in reincarnation, but this is a wonderful game! I am playing the challenging mode and this game is long. I've been playing for 5 hours and am only halfway through. Just a really nice game, up there with the Puppet Show series, with less disturbing graphics.

Although I wish BF had taken the price down before I purchased my CE games,lol, I am thrilled they not only lowered the price of CEs, but they are still worth 3 punches. A huge "thank you" BF and it definitely made me purchase this CE right away without waiting for the regular version.

Edited on 08/26/2010 at 9:36:10 PM PST

julbuck
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by julbuck on Aug 26, 10 10:36 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:When someone has finished the game, will you clue us in to how long it is (if I remember right the first Reincarnations was quite short) and how much bonus game play you get with the CE?

Thx !!

well, it took me about 5 hours already and I have not finished the game yet. So guess for me it will last for about 8-9 hours, and for those who are very fast should take about 5-6 hours nice length by the way!

julbuck
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by julbuck on Aug 26, 10 10:45 PM
penrose47 wrote:THANKS FISHIES FOR A GREAT review...

i have NOT demoed it yet , came here to read about it.
I LOVED the 1st one.
If I remember right the game ( 1st one) takes a small time in the beginning to get into the story.
It looks like this 1 is going to be also.

Happy Gaming

PEN

Penrose, i took me about 4-5 hours to play first chapters, and I haven't finished it yet, and still haven't played the extra content! So comparing to the first ReincAwakening this game is at list twice longer! Great news

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 26, 10 11:18 PM
Just finished the game in advanced mode, this game is just amazing and improved from the first one. Beautiful detailed graphics, interesting puzzles, lots of interaction. Developers please make another one.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 26, 10 11:28 PM
jawfish wrote:Just finished the game in advanced mode, this game is just amazing and improved from the first one. Beautiful detailed graphics, interesting puzzles, lots of interaction. Developers please make another one.

How long did it take you to play the game and then how long was the bonus play? (Your best guess I mean..)

Will appreciate the info

shadowfax

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 26, 10 11:42 PM
shadowfax,

I haven't played the bonus part yet, will do it tomorrow. The normal game took me between 5.5 to 6 hours, I didn't use the strategy guide at all, would have taken less time if I used a hint.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 27, 10 1:35 AM
Thanks for the info!! I appreciate it

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Aug 27, 10 2:08 AM
A buy , of course!
You guys at BF are the best.

Go to: