coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

Re:Treasure Seekers Visions of Gold

[Post New]by coco1953 on Nov 10, 08 10:47 AM
I'm not sure if this game is for me either. I've played half of my demo but still can't decide. I love the no timer though and hope that more developers go t his route.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Nov 10, 08 10:55 AM
I played the one hour and had to have more. So I purchased it.

I don't care how long the game is since I don't count time towards the entertainment value of a game. If I like it... I enjoy it... I buy it.

tix48
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by tix48 on Nov 10, 08 11:14 AM
Wow Two games in a row That I truly Love! Loved yesterday game and I love Treasure Seekers Visions Of Gold two HO games in a row I loved is really cool that just doesnt happen! Love the idea of NO Timer! i hope BF gets more games without timers!
Yea its easier then some of the others but I find that refreshing I like the idea of being able to play fr beginning to end without screaming or giving up! Way to go BF and Thank you!!!!

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Nov 10, 08 12:24 PM
Is something else running in the background while you're playing? Like your antivirus program might be scanning? When was the last time your hard drive was defragged or optimized?

Janadott wrote:Is it just me, or does this game seem to move in slow motion. Have the same problem with secrets of margrave manor...which wasnt that slow on my other computer with XP, but the game froze on that one, slow as all get out on here with vista...anyone else having this problem?

Owlish
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Owlish on Nov 10, 08 12:42 PM
Not real sure if i like it or not, it doesn't seem to respond very quickly when you scan for clues, or for the stuff you are suppose to look for. Took me a while to figure out how to play then the demo was over.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Nov 10, 08 12:52 PM
Koalanut wrote:
Janadott wrote:Is it just me, or does this game seem to move in slow motion....................slow as all get out on here with vista...anyone else having this problem?

I am downloading Treasure after reading some of the posts here about it. I had the same type of problem with Azada 2 on Vista. Ran slow and cursor floated all over. I am going to play it this afternoon and see if it does the same on mine. Contact tech support, they helped me many times.

The game ran a tad slow for me on Vista. Same as Azada 2 and Cassandra's Journey. The pixels were also kinda square and not very sharp. It seems that BF exclusive games have a lot of special effects that do not work with all Vista PC's. I have contacted CS and sent them tons of info and they had no idea what to do since my PC is up to date on everything. I think they might want to tone down the special effects or find a way to make them work on all Vista PC's.

cesse - we all know you have the one lucky computer with Vista that actually works.

[Post New]by Kathybears3 on Nov 10, 08 1:18 PM
I downloaded the demo and played it for the hour, The bought the game and finally finished it. The begining was a little easy then if got a little tougher as the game went on. Some of those puzzles were challenging for me. But the same as some others, at the very end when they would read the credits and what not, there was a glich, it just kept replaying the last scene, finally just used the ALT/CTRL/ESC to get out of the program.

[Post New]by blkwolf on Nov 10, 08 3:17 PM
as i thinkin i play all time games but just hr playin it was greatdifferent look 4'things but not side same ol things open things see in circle what u needed so great game
wish knew levels there were but its ok an i really dont see it dark if problem use magifine glass

hollie96
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by hollie96 on Nov 10, 08 4:40 PM
Okay, just finished this game and really liked it! I had to monkey around with my monitor to make the screens brighter, but since this has been a problem lately with games (I think my monitor is finally on it's last legs) it can only be a good thing.
I had the same problem with the final cut scene that others have mentioned, with the final scene repeating over and over, but that was the only glitch I had (running with Vista).
It was quite good, took several hours to finish and had a number of mini games that were really fun.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Nov 10, 08 4:43 PM
from me on this game. Nice afternoon of entertainment for an excellant price.

My only hiccup with the game is the same as y'all have said...

looping at the end that took Ctrl Alt Delete to stop.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 10, 08 4:46 PM
Smallhaven wrote: from me on this game. Nice afternoon of entertainment for an excellant price.

My only hiccup with the game is the same as y'all have said...

looping at the end that took Ctrl Alt Delete to stop.

Ditto- It did seem slow in transitioning a little though.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 10, 08 4:48 PM
Evergrey wrote:I like this game, but does anyone know how long it is (in hours)?
It is a little bit on the easy side, does it get any harder later on in the game?

It took me between 4-5 hours to complete. I did not skip any of the puzzles (that is an option) and I used several hints, probably 7 or so, throughout. Obviously your mileage may very as we all have different ability in puzzle solving. Yes, it does get more challenging as it goes along.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 10, 08 7:06 PM
I enjoyed this one a lot. Took my time with it and stretched it out through the day. Not as good as Crystal portal, but up there.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Nov 11, 08 8:29 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold ™.

Happy gaming!

jess1cass2
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by jess1cass2 on Nov 11, 08 12:04 PM
Poodlebear, can you give me a hint on the mini-game where you have to place the runes in the turtle? I skipped the puzzle the first time through and want to finish it this time You said you didn't skip any puzzles, so can you help a fishie out?!?

Thanks!

Seaurchin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Seaurchin on Nov 11, 08 3:04 PM
MoreOver wrote:Played all night. Yaaawwwnnn. Great game, but I found a bug. It won't quit. The very last, closing scene looped 4 times before I decided to ctrl/alt/del the game. I'll contact BF about it.

I have the same problem with the game. Other than that it was fun. A little too easy for me though, finished it in something like 3 hours.

lisa4862
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lisa4862 on Nov 12, 08 11:56 AM
I bought it because I was bored and I buy most of the HO games. I found it mediocre at best - I'd give it about a 5.5 out of 10. Unlike many of the posters, I actually prefer the timed games, it adds a little more challenge so I was disappointed that I wasn't racing a clock. I also found some of the scenes quite dark and this made it more difficult to see anything. The mini games were good, that is why I'd give it a passing grade.

Levendig
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Levendig on Nov 12, 08 12:33 PM
I bought this marvellous game yesterday and played it twice already, but at the end it doesn't stop and goes on and on. So i've to stop it myself
by pressing ctrl/alt/del. Is there a solution coming up??
By the way great game indeed similar style like Crystal Portal. I can recommend it everyone who likes HO games!! GREAT.

[Post New]by Vansponge on Nov 12, 08 1:08 PM
I LOVE H/O GAMES. BUT THIS ONE I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANY TIME SOON. I AM SAVING GAME CREDITS FOR RTR.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 12, 08 2:26 PM
Levendig wrote:I bought this marvellous game yesterday and played it twice already, but at the end it doesn't stop and goes on and on. So i've to stop it myself
by pressing ctrl/alt/del. Is there a solution coming up??
By the way great game indeed similar style like Crystal Portal. I can recommend it everyone who likes HO games!! GREAT.

Hi Levendig- welcome to the forums

A new build was released yesterday, that corrects this problem.
See this thread:

http://mcfforums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/11502.page

Go to: