bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in the City: Post Scriptum

[Post New]by bbelle on Aug 28, 10 9:57 AM
This game is so gooood. I am going into chapter 13 and I don't want it to end. I played the first one and liked it also. I think this one is much more intriging. So said I will wait a while before I continue. Hope all who got this game enjoyed it as much as I did. It was lengthy and I only skipped one minigame.

bbelle

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 28, 10 10:31 AM
OMG...I am so happy this is finally here , LOVED the first one, these games are very unique and different, a little bizarre, dark and twisted, but that is right up my alley, I find them facinating and the story intriguing.
I just played the trial version of this one, not disapointed, very good so far, so I am off to purchase, HAPPY, HAPPY, thanks BF :-)
I have other obligations calling right now, so can't wait to get them done, so I can continue this journey..LOVING this game !!

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on Aug 28, 10 4:04 PM
I finished the game and feel like I just visited "cloud coocoo land".

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Aug 28, 10 5:56 PM
I Own the first one so was excited to see this one come up. I cant say that I will buy this one though. Maybe I am just burned out on HOG/IHOGs but this one just isn't doing it for me. Will keep the demo and try it in a few days. Only played about 30 mins.

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Aug 28, 10 9:04 PM
I loved it and I will buy it. The graphics, storyline and **** were great. The music is always something to be desired, but I just turn it down and then the game is great!

Masquerade32
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Masquerade32 on Aug 28, 10 11:12 PM
I nearly fainted seeing this game was available. I loved Lost in the City, which I felt was a hidden object game designed for those who hated hidden object games (like myself). The sequel, Post Scriptum, is a much more evolved story and overall game.

Now, this paragraph is where I usually go on about the story and plot. The plot of the first game was a man wakes up in a strange ghost town following cryptic and eerie messages in a place where he may or may not be alone. Of course, the sequel follows along after the events and... ugh, I don't want to give anything away! Fans of the first game are absolutely going to LOVE the story of the second game. I think this is one of the best suspenceful stories Big Fish has this year. Period.

This time around we see full blown animations and much better renditions of characters and settings. Small hidden object scenes are scattered here and there, and many are cleverly set up to look through several layers (the drawers in the trainstation, OMG!). Surreal game settings, symbolism and a "spine tingling" "boss fight" really make this a memorable game.

Lost in the City: Post Scriptum gets my highest recommendation.

P.S. Big Fish, if you have your Big Fish awards again this year, this one had better win first for best story. Lost in the City got second place last year, and I was pretty upset.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Not everything is sunshine and rainbows...

[Post New]by mycatluna on Aug 28, 10 11:39 PM
I noticed a lot of posts dismissing this game on the basis that it is "depressing." Yes the mood has a desolate feel but it has to in order for the plot to follow through. I find it no more depressing than Dire Grove, Ravenhurst, the Midnight Mystery Series or the PuppetShow series.There is a "hero" in this game that spends his time combating "evil" which has some amazing parallels to our world today. Perhaps that is the depressing part.

Overall, this game is phenomenal. The plot is intriguing and very well done; your character gets to choose certain "paths" to take along the way; there is interaction with the environment while also providing an adventure style game that allows the player to fully explore the environments as they see fit. In a nutshell, this game encompasses everything that numerous BigFish gamers repeatedly request from developers in hidden object games yet I don't believe it's getting a fair review from players that stop the game after several minutes because the mood is less than cheerful. My advice is to stick with it. The plot continues to thicken and then unravels in an interesting way. As a consequence the "mood" changes quite often as well, keeping in sync with the plot.

Personally, I give kudos to the developers for yet again doing a wonderful job (I loved the first Lost in the City as well) and for producing such a polished and well-thought out game. I hope to see another one soon!

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Aug 29, 10 1:34 AM
Loved it. Great game.

I can't say if it was as good as the original because I played the original so long ago. But, it was really good.

Bonus points for the magnifying glass and for giving the kitty an important role in the story.

The only places I had trouble were the fire extinguisher (I think there should be a game update to fix that) and the first color match game (didn't match the walkthrough and my monitor said I had it right a dozen times before the game agreed).

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Aug 29, 10 9:05 AM
Dear Developers,

Without repeating what everyone said....

EXCELLENT GAME! I truly hope you continue this series! And I really enjoyed looking at the extras.

[Post New]by jeans6512 on Aug 29, 10 6:36 PM
I like this game, but I like kind of creepy so keep that in mind. I am nearly done and am having a real problem catching the cat where I have to catch my thoughts. I was able to capture the rest of the thoughts but the cat is still evading me, has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you finally work it out?

IrishRush
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by IrishRush on Aug 29, 10 9:28 PM
I read through the other comments and honestly, I don't get why people are creeped out by this. I mean, come on, it's just a game. I found it to be comfortably challenging and entertaining. I guess maybe if you have a personal issue with depression this might be a tough game to play, but I really didn't get that from it. I thought the graphics were good, the music was suitable to the atmosphere of the game and it was challenging without being frustrating. The finish was good as well, different from any other games I've played. My response (actually out loud) was a muttered, "cool!" I will definitely be interested in the next sequel, #3.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 30, 10 1:52 PM
Creepy? YUP! Depressing? Maybe. Does it play/run well? Does it have some new twists on game play? Are your goals clearly defined? Are the mini-games explained well so you understand what it is you're trying to do?....YUP,YUP,YUP and YUP!
I like it I bought it! ( hey,they all can't be about helping Sally start a new boutique!)
Dr.good

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Aug 30, 10 6:18 PM
My first purchase from was the original Lost. I have always liked that game. This one is so much better. Polished, runs well, no glitches here. Plenty of hints if you need them, very easy on the eyes. Loved the ending and yes like everyone else, I wanna slap Ann

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Aug 30, 10 6:50 PM
I just finished the game. WOW! What an interesting, weird game--I absolutely loved it! The hidden object scenes were challenging, without being impossible and I only had to resort to checking the walkthrough occasionally. So much different than many of the games where I have had to follow a walkthrough for almost every step.
The graphics and music were very atmospheric and creepy! And the extras were great, almost like the extras you get with a CE. This has got to be one of the best games of the recent offerings on Big Fish. I much preferred it over the new Reincarnations game, and even Redemption Cemetery.
I will definitely check out the first Lost in the City game. If it is anywhere near as good as this game, I will be sure to enjoy it. Hopefully there will be a Labor Day sale!

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 6:52:02 PM PST

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Aug 30, 10 10:15 PM
i BOUGHT THE GAME. I ENJOYED PLAYING IT AND ONLY HAD TO RUN TO THE WALK THROUGH ONCE. IT ISN'T A GAME I WOULD WANT TO PLAY AGAIN. IT'S A WIERD CONCEPT. IT WAS WORTH $7.00 I PLAYED FOR A LONG TIME. I WILL DELETE IT NOW I'M FINISHED.

[Post New]by jennyoliver1 on Aug 30, 10 10:30 PM
EXCELLENT GAME!!!! Has all that I look for in a HOG - actual hidden object scenes, puzzles that are hard enough but not too hard, long game-play, terrific graphics, and a GREAT story line! Depressing?? Not anymore than any other eeire HOG. The story is well thought-out, interesting, and makes you want to keep going to find out what will happen next! Wish there were more games just like this. I LOVED it!!!

maggotUK
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by maggotUK on Aug 31, 10 4:57 PM
A definite no buy for me.
Dirgy music, items hard to see, depressing and monotonous!!
Each to their own, but I couldnt see the point ........
Off to play Drawn...the sequel

313gramgram
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by 313gramgram on Aug 31, 10 10:20 PM
FANTASTIC Game .. I truly truly enjoyed the whole game It is a game that you get the enjoyment of playing but it also had a very good life message to it which you don't find in many games. It makes you think a little about whats really important I sure hope they have some more games coming out.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Sep 1, 10 2:50 AM
This is certainly worth buying, a cut above many other HOG games in that it had a truly original script, good level of difficutly and kept you interested from start to finish. I wish more game makers would take notice... games also need a story and a good one at that. Well done.. take your time and make another, I can wait.

firebird40
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by firebird40 on Sep 1, 10 5:28 AM
I liked the first Lost fairly well. The story to me is a boring cold-war/post-apocalyptic rehash, but probably more interesting to those who didn't grow up hearing that kind of junk. I grew up in the 70s and 80s, so had more than enough of that. Played about half of the demo.

Pluses:

Graphics are clean, bright, and well-done. There's a magnifying glass, an option to turn off the custom cursor for those who have problems with it, and a quick-recharge hint button.

Minuses:

The music is dreary and repetitive, and it doesn't take long for you to want to slap ann. The story, as I said, either appeals or it doesn't, and the game as a whole just doesn't seem to have much point.

I give this a 2 out of 5.

Back to playing Drawn

Go to: