Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream

[Post New]by greenfish22 on Aug 30, 10 6:54 PM
It's a good game but too easy. With many of the reviews saying it is a short game I will not be buying. Length is the most important for me. It seems that recently games are getting shorter and shorter. So I always look for length first when reading reviews. Keep them coming!! I always read the reviews before downloading.....

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 30, 10 9:54 PM
I purchased Haunted Hotel II when it was on sale and this one is basically the same. Not a bad game, but it just didn't stand out to me as spectacular. Maybe it was my lack of interest in the storyline.

The graphics are great and items are relatively easy to find. I made it to the part where they had rescued the first person and were working their way to the next. Depending on the length I might purchase next month. I think it would be a bargain as a DD.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Aug 30, 10 11:00 PM
I didn't buy this one. I need the hints help way to often. Graphics are clear, very nice, but this game isn't my cup of tea.

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Aug 30, 10 11:08 PM
Hi fishes,

I'd like to thank everyone for your comments and reviews. It is always a pleasure to read them!

I'm amazed how fast some of you are.
Even I need more time to complete the game

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 31, 10 5:48 AM
This is not a bad game, but I didn't like it enough to buy it. And I didn't really care for most of the sound effects. Whale song in the basement? *sigh* Also, the game could have run smoother. Not my cup of cha.

[Post New]by BethThomlinson on Aug 31, 10 9:12 AM
I like the demo--got through 4 levels. Yes, the background music and sounds are annoying and the plot is weak, but I don't buy the games for music and plot. When a game has a really great plot, that is often part of what makes it an outstanding game.

This game is more of an adventure game with a couple of hidden object scenes at each level. There are only occasional duplicated scenes (1 so far in the first 4 levels). It has excellent graphics and a variety of mini-puzzles that I like. They are not difficult, but they are engaging.

I'm not fond of the garbage pile type of hidden object scenes, so this aspect is a negative for me, but that's the way most HOGs work. At least the good graphics make them more appealing.

All in all, it's a good but not great game. When you figure that there will be very few truly great games, I'm not disappointed when I get one like this. I need one more game to fill my punchcard this month, and it's the 31st, so I will buy.

[Post New]by lanacountry on Aug 31, 10 9:34 AM
I think I must be VERY stupid.. I keep getting 'LOST' in the rooms..
I am sad as I wasted a game credit on this.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 31, 10 3:06 PM
Played the demo, can't say I didn't like it but I felt ill at ease playing it. Can't really spot what was wrong, but there was something. May be because I'm not too keen on FBI and didn't like the look of the guys and the way they talked... Not a buy for me.

[Post New]by blipsarcade on Aug 31, 10 4:11 PM
This game was good. My son enjoyed the one hour more than I did. I will probably buy it since he has played so far in. Next time, I am gonna wait to show the kids until after I buy.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 31, 10 4:53 PM
I have bought both previous Haunted Hotel games for a few months but don`t know why, because I have replayed they again last week and they are really boring, the items are very tiny. Hmm. This game is better. A nice, easy ihog with good graphic.But I don`t buy it for now, because its too easy for me as an experienced player. Maybe as a Daily Deal or if we have again an sale. I will keep it in mind.

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 4:55:22 PM PST

thelm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by thelm on Aug 31, 10 6:58 PM
We played into the Summer Room and overloaded the transformer and the game has frozen! Cannot go any further. Is there an answer to this problem?
deejay

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Sep 1, 10 1:36 AM
I liked the game - a real detective, very realistic. The idea of the game is not yet clear, but to play it interesting. In any case, buy, and will go until the end.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Sep 1, 10 1:58 AM
Just finished the game and enjoyed it. It would be very short play time if you frequently used hints though.

The sound effects and music were not to my taste and one of the mini games didn't register as being finished, even though it was the only solution and I checked it later in a walkthrough to verify my solution was correct. Anyway it was the only one I was forced to skip as they are all do-able without hints.

[Post New]by zhth04 on Sep 1, 10 1:02 PM
I bought the game after playing the demo. Now I am stuck on Level 12. Will not let me go any further, This sucks.

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Sep 1, 10 2:00 PM
zhth04 wrote:I bought the game after playing the demo. Now I am stuck on Level 12. Will not let me go any further, This sucks.

Press all pictures in the Gallery from right to the left. 6-5-4-3-2-1 All buttons under the pictures must be green.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 1, 10 3:37 PM
joyce2121 wrote:lvfao,

DD is Daily Deal, a game offered each day for $2.99,
found on right side of home page.

lol ok i am such a dork sometimes! der!

diwlaw
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by diwlaw on Sep 1, 10 4:21 PM
I live in southern Wisconsin (is there really such a place?!) and we have snow and thunder once or twice a winter/spring.

[Post New]by VBNick on Sep 2, 10 11:14 AM
Keeps freezing up in the summer room. I have tried exiting all the way and restarting but it restarts right at the freeze up point. Machine stats are P$ 3.06Ghz, 1 G RAM, OS=XP SP3. Any suggestions?

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Sep 2, 10 3:00 PM
So sad I loved the first two Haunted Hotel games, but I dont like this one. I'm nearly done, I think, and I'm using the hints way to many times. There is too many things I dont understand what to do

[Post New]by Robinred on Sep 2, 10 3:00 PM
I loved the game but couldn't go back to the artist room after climbing out the window had to go down to the ground.
The graphics are super I could have done without quite so much sound effects.

Go to: