sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy

[Post New]by sonofstar on Aug 30, 10 6:21 AM
I looked at the initial screenshots and thought this might be an interesting game. Un believably disappointing.

I don't mind the cursor like others who've complained about it. That's the least detracting aspect of this game. Let's start with storyline and plot. Let's see how many different stories we can combine into one. Goblins and Hobbits from Tolkien; Satyr from CS Lewis. Haven't gotten any further than the Hobbit town so I don't know what else they tried to cobble together, but geesh...at least come up with something unique.

Secondly, if you're going to write a story try actually paying attention to what you're writing. For one..."squirrel" isn't spelled "squirell." Really...game players pay attention to details. Perhaps the game creators should, too. And don't get me started on the grammar of the conversations. Please actually read what you write outloud and really decide if you'd ever talk like that...I mean...EVER.

Then we'll get to the scenes. How dark can you make them? How much can you hide in the dark? How little contrast can you create in order to see what's hidden in the dark?

I didn't even play 15 mins of the trial version before I exited and uninstalled it from my computer. It's not worth my time, effort and is anything but enjoyable. The only good thing I can say is that they tell you right up front in the mini games there will be skip buttons. But do yourself a favor and SKIP the entire game.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Aug 30, 10 6:56 AM
I am not bothered by custom cursors, silly stories or bad grammar, I like some FROGS prefer HOGS. I can't put my finger on it, but I find this one tedious. Music and sound effects are just there. My taste does not run to cartoonish graphics, although I find them clear, bright, and the game loads and runs smoothly. Skippable story. Interactive aspects are way too obvious. Puzzles are the usual suspects. Some pieces are hidden NOT to be found without a hint. Really. I found the game to be overly cute and too whimsical. This is not to say it is a bad thing, just not for me. I did like the scrolling screen. It moves smoothly. Hints filled quickly. No timer.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Aug 30, 10 7:17 AM
Wow clunky is a good description for controls and bottom banner...It is very distracting and takes away from the character of the game. It is well drawn. The language borders on less than charming and some of the objects can not be seen, It took a Hint to find them. I did not click on the help when I first went in. I found myself lost at goat man. I don't know where to find the small rocks . Anyway I'm going to take a break and try later. I love the fantasy part I hope I'll like it but I'm not sure yet.
Nana

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Aug 30, 10 7:22 AM
I might have liked this game but it was slow on my comp.Did not like the bar at bottom up and down and the claw to use was???????i am blank what to call it just something about the game i did not like.OH well there is always tuesday

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Aug 30, 10 7:30 AM
Oh, dear.

I downloaded it, played it, and deleted it after about 15 minutes.

The custom cursor was cumbersome on my computer, and having to move the cursor to the inventory bar when I wanted to see what I was looking for got on my nerves within minutes.

Such a shame, because it looked as if I'd have really enjoyed it if not for these two technical failings.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Aug 30, 10 7:45 AM
I liked the graphics. I don't know what everyone is complaining about the cursor. Worked for me. I even liked the story so far as I played. But I couldn't figure out how to continue at all. Got stuck at the goat man. So, I deleted it.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Aug 30, 10 8:03 AM
Big disappointment! I might select it for a young child to play.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Aug 30, 10 8:09 AM
Played for 40 minutes. Going back to bed....
The stress of playing made my body ache and I realized I had a permanent frown, so to avoid more wrinkles..I have to stop playing.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 30, 10 8:11 AM
This is one of the most frustrating games I've played lately and I can't buy it because I'm sure it'll drive me totally crazy and I'll wind up in a mental institution, LOL.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 30, 10 8:20 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:

I will pass on this one and be ready to POUNCE on DRAWN: DARK FLIGHT....
C'mon BFG, bring it on!!! We are READY

Apparently its out tomorrow so not long to wait!

mollyroselee
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mollyroselee on Aug 30, 10 8:23 AM
didn't like this game either. too hard to follow...didn't like the pointer. keep trying bigfish games...

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 30, 10 8:27 AM
I read the comments before demoing the game. I think it's a great game. This is why I think everyone should demo a game before deciding to buy it or not. If I had gone by the comments only, I would not have even tried it. I'm so glad I did. I only have one problem - my screen display. Looks like windows mode instead of full screen. If I can get that fixed, then this is a definite buy for me. The story intrigues me and I don't find the music offensive. There are grammatical errors, but you should see my Russian, or Chinese, or Japanese, or Portuguese....
All in all, I give this game out

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Aug 30, 10 8:44 AM
I agree with most of the other post. It's a no go for me, but kids might like it. The biggest problem I had was the cursor. It made me crazy. I also had a hard time picking up some of the small items.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 30, 10 8:51 AM
WOW

What a MIX of comments about 1 game!

I usually come here and read BUT today I am NOW going to see for meself!

B BK L

( means be back later ,for those who do not text message )

PEN

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Aug 30, 10 8:53 AM
This game has very attractive graphics and that's about the only good thing I can say for it. Objects are hard to find so hints have to be used constantly, then when found often have to be clicked numerous times before they respond. There is poor spelling which I find very annoying. If game designers want us to spend our money on their games they should at least make sure the basics are right.The constantly flopping up and down inventory bar is a distraction. The thing though that made me give up was when I got stuck at the goat boy and all the clues given were for things that were impossible to do.I also was not a fan of the cursor. Perhaps not the worst game ever but nowheres good enough for me to ever consider buying it.

[Post New]by sallyivth on Aug 30, 10 9:04 AM
Watching the preview, the first thing I noticed was the chicken toe cursor and said eeeeeeeyyyyyoooouuuuuu...Couldn't even finish watching the video....

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Aug 30, 10 9:18 AM
This is a no buy for me. I agree with many of the previous posts. The graphics were very good, but the game play was just silly. Played 15 minutes and quit.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Aug 30, 10 9:31 AM
What a frustrating game! Nothing makes any sense, the objects bar at the bottom popping up and down is so annoying and with the cursor I didn't know exactly how to position it to make it work so ended up clicking a million times on an object I knew was there. This is listed as an "adventure" game so I thought I would try it as a break from HOG's but if this is what adventure games are like, no thanks. The graphics were beautiful but that didn't help with poor gameplay. I hate FROG's!!!!! and that seemed to be all that this was. Definitely no buy.

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Aug 30, 10 9:36 AM
I really like FROGS so I was looking forward to this game. That said, I really didn't like this FROG. The clue bar is hidden so you have to click on it to see what you need to be looking for. Then you have to "open" your bag to see what you collected, then you have to "close" your bag to see what you need. It was making me dizzy. And even with the hints I couldn't see object and had to click around hoping to hit the part. I usually don't complain about games I don't like, just unload and move on. But this one.....wow!!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 30, 10 9:36 AM
No Buy for me either. I found it one of the most annoying Demos in a while. First, the sound effects were annoying so i turned them off and turned the music down. Some object pieces were difficult to see. Hints often point to something that cannot be retrieved until something else is found first and you cannot get a different Hint. Example - I found all I could find in the first scene but did not have what I needed to cut fronds, finish the acorn, etc. yet, the Hint kept pointing to the squirrel. I already knew that i would need to give the squirrel the acorn but I could NOT find the last acorn piece and the Hint was no use. I madly clicked all over for a couple of minutes until at last I found the acorn piece and could advance. Not fun. A number of items needed are easily seen but cannot be retrieved until you find other pieces which cannot be seen or require something else to get and the Hint is often useless.

No, sorry, this is no fun for me.

BTW, you can click the little key on that inventory bar and it will stay "up" so you can see it - but - it may hide objects you need.

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 9:39:49 AM PST

Go to: