bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Post any The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy technical issues here only

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 3, 10 4:09 PM
I finally managed to get through the goblin door after having to restart my computer. Now I am having problems in getting back into the cave of the hidden rocks. I backtracked back to the door with the scarab and even though the door is open it will not let me go back in. This is making me really dislike this game a lot. When it is supposed to go vertical it doesn't until I have made several attempts to move the screen up so I can pick up objects that are still under the clue bar. Very frustrating.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Annoyance not Technical

[Post New]by togood2be on Sep 4, 10 12:22 AM
Not quite a technical issue, more of an annoyance.
I use windows 7 with desktop sidebar. I started this game and the sidebar stayed on top. I do NOT have that option enabled, so it should have been put behind. I had to get out and turn off my sidebar..lol
Never had this happen before, Just a little bothersome but I will buy the game.

harr2
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by harr2 on Sep 4, 10 1:54 PM
I am at the Night Elf Entrance. I completed the puzzle to get the panel of symbols to light up but as soon as I click on them the background goes blurry and the panel appears but then nothing. The game freezes and I have to use "esc" to exit the game.

I followed any and all suggestions made by your technical team - no change.

I would expect Big Fish to commenting on this problem in this forum as so many people have complained about this same issue.

Big Fish - are you listening?.

ckristi88
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by ckristi88 on Sep 4, 10 4:22 PM
Debbzi wrote:I had same problem as Beck. And now I appear to have lost my fishing net in a later scene after trying to get a piece of plank with it. The piece of plank is still in the water and I have no net.

I have the same problem. Net disappeared after I used it on the board in the water, but the board is still there. What now?

crystalstorm
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by crystalstorm on Sep 5, 10 11:11 PM
cinder555 wrote:I can not pick things up in the second scene in the water. The hint button says it is there and I see but I can't pick it up. I click and click - nothing.

Not sure if you have received an answer yet but this is what I did. You have to take the shovel from your inventory and dig in the 'soft soil' (hover cursor in lower left edge of the shore, it tells you it's soft soil). This creates a place for the water to flow out, then you can get all pieces under the water. Hope this helps, I know the answer came quite late

[Post New]by yshua1 on Sep 6, 10 9:39 PM
I am having a problem with the program freezing up, and also at the gate I can not get it to work, when I put in the code it goes back to the gate and it doesn't open I put in the right code in the right order.

I went to your help section and did what was advised regarding updating adobe flash and even my drivers, but I still get the same problem. And I get script errors quite often.

What can I do to get this to work? I regret buying this game, I will read the forums first before buying.

[Post New]by jancheyenne on Sep 11, 10 5:20 PM
I agree with a lot of the complaints and frustrations, but I have enjoyed playing the game because I have not had the same problems - - - - -

EXCEPT

The game freezes when I click on the symbols left of the elf gate. I have done everything a person can do to solve this problem to no avail. I have a good computer (Window Vista 7) and rarely have problems with Big Fish Games. I have played almost every HOG and Large File game available. And a few other types, also.

BIG FISH- are you working on a update for this game to solve this particular problem? Please help. Thanks!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 12, 10 6:39 AM
I got the suitcase code, the glowing symbols and went through the opening in the cave...it opened up a hog scene, and reminded me that 'you can scroll vertically'. I tried and nothing happened. So I moved to the right of the screen and the whole thing went black and the inventory bar popped up. A hint shows a glowing ring with a dot in the middle but nothing happens when I click on it. Hit hint again and got the same thing in a different area, and once again nothing happened. Went back to the left and found myself back in the cave with the goblin, the suitcase, and the glowing wall. Anyone else experience this? I got so frustrated I deleted the game. Will re-install and try againI have win 7 and all udates.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 12, 10 6:56 AM
Ok, it has been a few days since I played , and the walkthrough reminded me about the crystal...but I still can't get the screen to scroll vertically. I did get one screen to scroll vertically by using someone's tip last week, but can't figure out how to do it again...help, please.

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 6:57:42 AM PST

[Post New]by debbielou59 on Sep 15, 10 12:50 PM
i am getting freezing on the game of the seawise chronicles it freezes when i got to the gate and it told me to look to the left at the symbols then get out but when i do this it freezes and i have to hit escape to get out i like the game i would like to continue playing it i deleted the game once and started again and at the same place it freezes. I hope somebody has a solution to this problem

janiestep
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by janiestep on Sep 20, 10 4:37 PM
Uninstalled reinstalled game started a new game, still cannot use climbing gear.
Would like the game if it were playable

[Post New]by totalduchess on Sep 22, 10 3:35 PM
Is there a solution to the freezing and fuzzy happenings at the Gate to the Elf Fort I have uninstalled and downloaded twice now. It has been over a week and I am realy getting upset. I hate this game

[Post New]by alexakaruda on Sep 26, 10 6:56 AM
For the Mac version of the game, it says there's another "script error." This is the second or third game I've had this issue with, and it's getting old....

herisf
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by herisf on Sep 26, 10 7:48 AM
Just downloaded & tried to play the Mac version of the game - the beginning scene where the fairy enters, flies away, and then you go towards a gate just cycles over and over. Had to force quit to get out of the whole thing.

d3isme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Adobe holdover?

[Post New]by d3isme on Sep 26, 10 8:25 AM
Launching the game gives me:

Application Error: Game requires Shockwave Player 11 which cannot be found. Click yes to download.

This criteria is not listed in the system requirements for the game.
I'm not interested in doing in-game updates, nor do I think it should be necessary.

I'm running a brand new MacBook Pro, OSX (10.6.4), CPU: 2.4GHz Intel Core2 Duo RAM: 4GB HD: 500GB

btw. I don't use the forums much, but I've been a BF member for over 3 years and play a LOT of games. So while I'm not that techy I can't imagine that this is a problem with my system. I imagine that this is part of the DirectX (PC) holdover (?) and that the game is not truly (re)designed for the Mac platform

Svipper
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Svipper on Sep 26, 10 9:43 AM
herisf wrote:Just downloaded & tried to play the Mac version of the game - the beginning scene where the fairy enters, flies away, and then you go towards a gate just cycles over and over. Had to force quit to get out of the whole thing.

I experience the exact same problem.. I have no idea what to do. Tried uninstalling and installing again but the same thing happens. So far, I used 10 of the 60 free min. just trying to get started, not exactly the plan :-)

BillFrugge
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by BillFrugge on Sep 26, 10 10:59 AM
herisf wrote:Just downloaded & tried to play the Mac version of the game - the beginning scene where the fairy enters, flies away, and then you go towards a gate just cycles over and over. Had to force quit to get out of the whole thing.

Same here.

And from d3isme's comments, I suspect this is another shockwave problem. No way am I going to break other games to play this game. Shockwave should NOT be a requirement!

Svipper
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Svipper on Sep 26, 10 12:26 PM
BillFrugge wrote:

Same here.

And from d3isme's comments, I suspect this is another shockwave problem. No way am I going to break other games to play this game. Shockwave should NOT be a requirement!

I just installed Shockwave 11 - it still doesn´t work!! I´m getting pretty frustrated with the constant Mac errors.. WE ARE PEOPLE TOO!! :-)

[Post New]by garfiled on Sep 27, 10 1:09 AM
Got a mac and have the same problem as other Mac users; the fairy appears flies towards the bridge and this scene is being played over and over and over again. have to force quit the machine! Any ideas how to get the game started?

[Post New]by crimson_heart on Sep 27, 10 3:23 AM
Another mac user here with the same problem of the intro looping and me having to force quit. Will email customer support now, hopefully if they see enough of us are having problems they'll look into it.

Go to: