Re:Welcome to Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition® forum

[Post New]by Ralphyee on Aug 31, 10 5:18 AM
I just downloaded the game, and I tried to play it. But as soon as the loading screen comes, the game freezes. It stops at 0%. I don't hear music and I don't have a mouse.
This could be my video card, which gave me more problems with games.

Well, any help would be very appreciated.

*Sorry for putting this here, instead of in the forum that's about technical issues.*

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 5:43:25 AM PST

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Aug 31, 10 5:21 AM
The 'demo' part took me 40 minutes to complete. I hope it wasn't intended to take an hour, otherwise I'll have a very short game ahead of me!

I'm planning to buy this tomorrow, as I don't want to waste the 3 punches since I have two full cards now.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 31, 10 5:27 AM
I haven't played my demo of this yet but already know what a top-notch game the BFG developers put out.

I just know that once I buy and play this, I am going to be yammering about when the next MCF and Hidden Expedition games will be released!! We really are a hard group to please

[Post New]by ksdickinson on Aug 31, 10 5:55 AM
This may be somewhere else, but what is the difference between a regular game and a collectors edition?

I LOVED 'Drawn: The Painted Tower' and am so excited to see a sequel! I had no idea this was coming out at all. Thank God for email newsletters huh LOL. Dling the demo now and think I just might find a way to buy this. Not sure if this will fill my game card or not but that ok.

TIA for answers to my questions

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 31, 10 6:12 AM
the ce costs a bit more, comes out a week or so ahead of the se, usually has xtra gameplay, gameguide, sometimes trophys you can collect (all anyone really cares about)

and art, wallpaper, music, etc

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 31, 10 6:13 AM
I really liked the first Drawn so I was very excited to play the new one. It looks to be a pretty good length and as everyone has already said the graphics are great.

I do have a con, but it is a little one: I wish the scenes could be skipped or moved along. In the intro I felt there was way too much movie and I read faster than the movie speaks (annoying) now this could be only for the demo section but would like to know.

Sorry two cons: I really, really do not like the sales pitch at the end! The game either sells itself or not. When I see the sales pitch I fell like I am buying a car or life insurance (a big negative for me), LOL

So for those of you who have bought and played the game, do the movies continue as much or is the rest of the game more game play?

marciabb
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by marciabb on Aug 31, 10 8:55 AM
I just finished the game and it's
But now I'm stuck in the bonusgame ! Can't find the 2nd tower anymore
Can anybody help please ??

[Post New]by NancyAbraham on Aug 31, 10 12:42 PM
Can't believe how fascinating the artwork is in this game. Play LOTS of Big Fish games with great graphics, and this totally fascinates me.

[Post New]by TSHATLEY on Aug 31, 10 3:36 PM
I am stuck in town...can't find a blue light HEEEEEELP

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Aug 31, 10 4:26 PM
I don't quite understand what all the hoopla is about. I just played the demo until it stopped and found it quite strange. It's been a long time since I played the first one but remember I enjoyed it. This one seems off putting to me because it doesn't make a lot of sense. I found I had to hit the hint button many times just to figure out what I was doing because it didn't seem logical to me. I'm glad so many of you love it but I'm actually not sure if I will buy it or not and I'm a girl who filled 3 punch cards this month. It's not terrible but didn't grab me and make me want to finish.

firelobo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by firelobo on Aug 31, 10 8:17 PM
Yep..I Beta-tested this one and was really sad when testing ended . Have been waiting for this to come out. I have the first one and love it I also have many games and I mean many,from our Fish Friend and although I work 12 hr shifts and am also a grandma , I manage to play when I can. My husband just doesn't understand the pull of game playing and why on my 3 day weekends, I will stay up until the next morning playing, if the game is really good. I have never bought an CE, but just may have to do so this time. Will wait until tomorrow and start another punch card. This is my first time giving a review, but hope to be apart of the pond in the future.

[Post New]by kscheryl65 on Aug 31, 10 8:35 PM
Well... I did purchase the game from the BFG website and I still do not have the blue lantern. I am not buying that all problems have been solved 100%.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still having same issue.

aliceh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by aliceh on Aug 31, 10 8:53 PM
I purchased the game today. Started playing & got to the stairs in town, got the blue light, hung it up & it keeps telling me to go to the top of the beacon & get a scrap of poster. What beacon? And where is it? Help.

[Post New]by YvonneD53 on Aug 31, 10 10:02 PM
I also can't find the blue lantern. Pls post if anyone finds it!!

[Post New]by Chefslady on Sep 1, 10 12:23 AM
I am really Loving this game But hoping someone can Help I am soooo stuck I am suppose to get the Blue latern in the ally there are a bunch of windows that open and shut I am about to yell at the screen I cant get the lantern PLEASE help

[Post New]by Chefslady on Sep 1, 10 12:27 AM
aliceh wrote:I purchased the game today. Started playing & got to the stairs in town, got the blue light, hung it up & it keeps telling me to go to the top of the beacon & get a scrap of poster. What beacon? And where is it? Help.

Before you enter town you can got to the left there is tower on one there is a white scroll floating in the air, Maybe that is it can you please tell me how you got the blue light I am stuck!!!

wrenavery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by wrenavery on Sep 1, 10 12:56 AM
I adore this game, but I'm stuck.

SPOILER!!!!!!

DON'T
READ
FURTHER
UNLESS
YOU"RE
A
BF GOD

I found the frog drawing above the painting but it won't let me take it so I can't go any further than the lily pads. Is it because I have Windows 7?

[Post New]by Raven180659 on Sep 1, 10 3:09 AM
Before you enter town you can got to the left there is tower on one there is a white scroll floating in the air, Maybe that is it can you please tell me how you got the blue light I am stuck!!!

I have got the same problem. First I thought I forgot to do something. So back and checked - but still I do not see nor find a blue light!! How is that possible? Anyone got a clue? Would love to play on....

[Post New]by ddj1025 on Sep 1, 10 4:03 AM
I like the game and purchased it! the puzzles are a bit difficult but I'm someone who would rather try and figure them out without going into a skip or advice mode. I would love to be able to beta test for bfg, anyone know how to get into that? Also, anyone know the length of this game? I love long involved games! A buy either way! Thanks BFG for the 3 punches and the lower price!

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Sep 1, 10 4:33 AM
While I absolutely loved the game and the graphics were outstanding, I must say I was a bit disappointed with the length. It was shorter than I had expected. Including the bonus play, it took me about 3 hours on and off through the day (if that).

Great game, just a bit short for my tastes.

Go to: