Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®

[Post New]by maivie on Aug 31, 10 9:48 AM
This is my first time commenting on a game. So, well, here goes.
I just finished the demo...LOVED IT!! I will def buy the CE tomorrow. I bought the first one and it was wonderful and I think one will not disappoint.

Also, on a side note, I have been playing gamed on the BFG site for about 3 years and I think, (for what it's worth), that it is one of the best sites out there. The internet can be a scary place but I feel very safe here at BFG...THANK YOU!

[Post New]by SallyJane13 on Aug 31, 10 9:52 AM
CasualGran wrote:Fan-tas-tic! I've been looking forward to this sequel and it seems to be everything I hoped for and more! Take that choice you can make to hide the task- and inventorybar. Just brilliant! Makes the gameplay as joyfull. And furthermore there's not one aspect to complain about. Graphics, build-in strategy guide, music, everything is top-notch!

out of 5

I'll be buying it straight away tomorrow, to start a new punchcard.

Enjoy everybody!

Looks like tomorrow many of us will be hitting the buy button. Thanks for the advice

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Aug 31, 10 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the great reviews. I will definitely also be buying tomorrow - have 2 credits from August punch card so want to start filling up September. BTW, can't say enough good things about BFG. I don't know if anyone else has had to deal with Customer Service, but they are absolutely the best! Quick response time, helpful, just a pleasure to deal with. I wouldn't shop anywhere else!

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Aug 31, 10 10:42 AM
I love this game. It is even better than the first one.............I cannot wait until tomorrow to purchase it!!

BFG, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joy

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Aug 31, 10 10:47 AM
The game is beautiful and I can't wait to buy it. I'll be waiting until tomorrow so I can fill up a new punch card for September.

Thanks BFG for a lovely game and thank you also for dropping the BFG member price for CE's to $13.99!

Happy gaming everyone!

[Post New]by MariposaMorada on Aug 31, 10 10:53 AM
This will be the exception to me for buying a CE; I the first one and was able to get it for the DD. Will have to wait till tomorrow since my punchcard is filled and punches don't rollover...

Oh well. I'm sure it will be awesome, anyway. Thanks, BFG!

ETA: omg, I'm a squid! Haha.

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 10:54:36 AM PST

baffledtoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by baffledtoo on Aug 31, 10 11:18 AM
Okay, I think it's official - I am the stupidest person on the planet.

I can cope with Nancy Drew, I can do the Siberias, but I cannot do this one. I haven't found the majority of the puzzles to be intuitive nor logical. Really liked the first Drawn - I'm finding this a nightmare.

Is it me? Old age creeeps up, perhaps?

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Aug 31, 10 11:45 AM
I'll have to wait until the first of the month...12 hours, 29 minutes and counting.

And then I will be buying this game. I finished the demo with 30 minutes left, it will probably be too short. Don't care, I'll be buying this game.

It is incredibly beautiful and atmospheric with a simple but compelling story. I love that aspect of it but what really gets me is the elegance of the puzzles. The silver notes, for instance, such delicacy and so perfectly integrated into the mood of the scene.

As more and more developers make shortcuts, the mini-games and story get crammed together and forced into a bad fit. I'm getting a bit bored with pipes that need fixing and safe dials that need to spin into exactly the right pattern and all that.

This game offers inventory puzzles and mini-games that blend seamlessly into a pretty little melancholy story that is as beautifully written as it is drawn. I'll be buying this game.

...in 12 hours and 16 minutes.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Aug 31, 10 11:48 AM
Drawn has gotten 5 stars ★★★★★ at a popular review site.

Pros: Amazing art direction and atmosphere, clever and challenging puzzles, great new locations and pop-up settings.
Cons: None.

I have never seen them not have a Con.

Congratulations Big Fish Games.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Aug 31, 10 11:48 AM
I don't even have to think about this one... Even though it is a CE, I don't want to wait till the normal version comes out.

I have been looking forward to this sequel for a long time!

bikes202
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by bikes202 on Aug 31, 10 11:53 AM
just finished the demo 12 mins left owwwwwww i feel ill will have to have a sick day tommorow sep 1st then i can buy it and play all day and then play the first one again lol (replayed dont know how many times allways forget what comes next) only the ever bought one ce bit at this price and 3 punches ( i am realy realy ill boss will try and make it on the 2nd ) 11.53 am not were i am its 7.56 pm lol if i text my boss from were you are he would belive me

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 11:57:23 AM PST

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Aug 31, 10 12:12 PM
WOW!!!!!! Awesome, awesome, awesome. I loved everything about it except I wish it had been a little longer. It didn't seem to take me nearly as long to finish as the first one. It's simply a beautiful game. Every aspect of the game was well done.

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Aug 31, 10 1:06 PM
Wish I could buy today, but will have to wait for tomorrow like so many others here. I filled one punch card for August and if I bought this one I would still be short some for another full card and can't afford to buy 2 more games. I'm doing the demo today and will be hitting that BUY button first thing tomorrow. Oh well, just need to find something to occupy my time with today so I don't give in! Glad I've got a really good book to read!!!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 31, 10 1:29 PM
This game is fabulous. I bought it as soon as it was released. I had been planning for this and so I had set aside 3 punches for this game in order to fill my second punchcard for August; I didn't want to have to wait until September to get it!

[Post New]by ladynammy on Aug 31, 10 1:38 PM
Well, what can I say? Seems so me this game is more a game of puzzles than ****. Time taken between scenes is way too long. Watching the little wheel spin took forever. The puzzles were ok to solve, but going to so many scenes to collect objects was repetitive. Sure, solving puzzles is exercising my brain but, not very stimulating. I will give this game a pass...

[Post New]by mamawathome on Aug 31, 10 1:48 PM
Miniatures1 wrote:Do not like all the advertisement before game will close other wise great game!

I agree with you one hundred percent. When I want to close a game I want to be able to do it right away.

bailey10
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bailey10 on Aug 31, 10 1:54 PM
I am so excited to play this! I absolutely LOVED the first one! I loved the graphics, the storyline and the gameplay! Thanks BigFish for bringing another terrific game to us!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 31, 10 2:21 PM
mamawathome wrote:
Miniatures1 wrote:Do not like all the advertisement before game will close other wise great game!

I agree with you one hundred percent. When I want to close a game I want to be able to do it right away.

Someone else said that hitting the escape key on your keyboard will close out the demo at the end and you won't need to sit through the advertisement.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Aug 31, 10 2:54 PM
Oh for JOY!! Have been waiting and waiting for this game to come out!! Now just gotta wait til 12:05 p.m. to purchase LOL I have the first drawn and I just love it now there is more to love. Although a bit dark in the begining I am hoping that it will lighten up a bit once I am out of the tower ruins. I am also tempted to play Drawn Painted Tower (AGAIN LOL) before trying to complete this game to put me more in the mood. THANK YOU BFG I just love this type of game I was begining to get completely HOG'd out! 5 out of 5 and a sure buy (in just a little over 6 hours Yippee!)

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Aug 31, 10 2:56 PM
angelfish106 wrote:I know I'm swimming against the tide here but I couldn't seem to work out what to do anywhere. Picking up things that don't appear to have any use and wandering about with no idea what to do next isn't my idea of a fun game. If I have to be told every move there's no point in playing as far as I'm concerned. A definite no thank-you from me.

Glad I'm not the only one! I played about ½ hour but felt I never really got anywhere, and couldn't work out what's the point with most of the things you have to do (back and forth, back and forth - in and out of drawing all the time...). I quite enjoyed the first Drawn game, but it's not the best type of game, IMO. Plus, the blue-green nuances bothers me - sickly colours.

Oh well, maybe I'm just tired, will give it another try tomorrow - but this is definitely not a game I'd pay $13,99 for!

Oh, and it took AGES to load between scenes - bah humbug!!

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 3:01:02 PM PST

Go to: