Re:Post any Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition® technical issues here only

[Post New]by Starmup on Aug 31, 10 7:56 PM
I can't even download the full game. I played the demo with no problems and decided to purchase the full game. It got to 99% downloaded AND STARTED OVER!!! It has done this twice already so now I'm trying to download it for a THIRD time! I don't know what to do, I've been having problems with a few big fish games where they will get stuck at 99% for days but I've never had them restart on me. I don't know what to do!!! Help please!

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Aug 31, 10 8:32 PM
chrysteen wrote:after uninstalling and redownloading it seemed to be running fine and then I had the same issue AuBrnPeach had. I could hear the music but the screen stayed black. I even walked away for a few minutes but nothing. Had to ctrl alt delete out...oh how frustrating. I want this game in a bad way.
This is what happened to me. I tried 2 times to play. Both times it happened when I entered the ship "painting". I have a new graphics card and have had no problem playing other games. I also could hear the music....but....the screen went black and I also had to ctrl alt delete out. I want to play this game, however, I want a remedy before I purchase the game...

[Post New]by roricchiost on Aug 31, 10 8:38 PM
I have done all the puzzles in te ship canvas gave the note to the statue and they still keep sending me back to the paper ship? The adviced guy and hint are not going any further either. Help!

[Post New]by kscheryl65 on Aug 31, 10 8:40 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game purchased on BFG and the blue lantern is missing and will not allow me to move on. I do not buy the 100% of issues solved since I bought and paid for game on bfg and still not working . Very dissappointed.

[Post New]by roricchiost on Aug 31, 10 8:50 PM
roricchiost wrote:I have done all the puzzles in te ship canvas gave the note to the statue and they still keep sending me back to the paper ship? The adviced guy and hint are not going any further either. Help!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Aug 31, 10 9:56 PM
Couldn't get it to close, had to use the task manager.

[Post New]by Jenny_Lane on Sep 1, 10 1:45 AM
ok so the demo loaded just fine on the laptop, which has broken sound. so i switched to the desktop and knowing how i loved the first one i skipped downloading the demo and bought the full version. now the words of the instructions and the letter from franklin are massively giant and i cannot read them. is this a glitch anyone else has experienced? or am i just too much of a noob to tweak the settings properly?

[Post New]by doreetoes on Sep 1, 10 4:43 AM
I'm with Val, I can't open the game at all. I'm on a Mac 10.5.8, I'll open the game, the icon will bounce once in the dock, then it'll close and my game manager will pop open showing a screen that says "Thank you for playing" and asking if I'd like to play again. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting my whole computer, downloading drivers as directed on the Help pages, ran a disk permission repair. Still no luck. Currently waiting for tech reps to figure out what else to try. Anyone in here have any ideas?

Vanja77
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Vanja77 on Sep 1, 10 4:43 AM
bfgTigris wrote:Hey Fishies!

If you are having trouble with the blue lantern or stuck at the rope, it will help to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall</a> your game from your Purchase History or the <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/8804/drawn-dark-flight-collectors-edition/index.html?src=frmtrygame&osdetect=true">game page</a>.

ETA: Also check out MargieB's post <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/114285.page">here</a> which includes a video walkthrough for the shop window!

Thanks everyone!

bfgTigris

Did this 3 times already, still nothing. :s

[Post New]by ksdickinson on Sep 1, 10 4:54 AM
I uninstalled the demo. With all the issues Ive read here plus my own, I think Ill wait til all the bugs are fixed before attempting the demo again. Im just glad that I didnt purchase the game w/o trying the demo 1st.

Vanja77
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Vanja77 on Sep 1, 10 5:03 AM
ksdickinson wrote:I uninstalled the demo. With all the issues Ive read here plus my own, I think Ill wait til all the bugs are fixed before attempting the demo again. Im just glad that I didnt purchase the game w/o trying the demo 1st.

Wish i did the same.

But i thought they had the blue lantern thing fixed. :/

Edited on 09/01/2010 at 5:03:42 AM PST

[Post New]by Peggyt_13 on Sep 1, 10 5:49 AM
It figures the first CE I have ever bought....after I downloaded it yest. I got to where it said 0% it took an hour and a half to get to the play menu and another hour to get to play. then the cursor was sluggish. This morning I uninstalled and reinstalled and I can't get past 0%.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Sep 1, 10 6:03 AM
Trialed this game right here on BF, never played it before. BFG is the only site I use for games. Has been since I started it a few years ago. (Except for Aldolea and Amaranth games, which I also buy from BF when you offer them. Aveyond series, etc.)

If i was given the wrong information about a takeover of BF, I apologize.

I also said I thought that BF had the best Customer Service on the internet..but.

So the problems are in the game here. In my case at least.

Edited on 09/01/2010 at 6:06:04 AM PST

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Sep 1, 10 10:25 AM
I'm in the room with the torn portraits....Can't get back to the room to use the lever..no arrow letting me go back..

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Sep 1, 10 12:13 PM
WOW. I had so much trouble of the type listed w the 1ST Drawn I decided to avoid this sequel .reading the above issues it seems to be something intrinsic since nothing appears to have improved. Sorry for all the Fishies having such troubles but glad to know so as to avoid for myself.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Sep 1, 10 4:27 PM
So disappointed! I got to the sick pirate. I needed to give him the pic of the orange, and it was not in my inventory anymore. At least I don't think so...I was unable to scroll through my inventory which put a real kink in finding the orange drawing that I KNOW I had. This is a huge let down from the first Drawn. I don't think I'll be spending $14 on it.

[Post New]by jedipriestess on Sep 1, 10 5:58 PM
Jenny_Lane wrote:ok . now the words of the instructions and the letter from franklin are massively giant and i cannot read them. is this a glitch anyone else has experienced? or am i just too much of a noob to tweak the settings properly?

I am having the same problems and there is no speaking voice just four dots ..... this is frustrating darnit.

[Post New]by thiskidsdun on Sep 1, 10 7:10 PM
Not a big deal but on the four seasons puzzle all the scenes are solved but the puzzle piece stays there when I click on the felt pad. Didn't stop me from proceeding farther and the game ran perfectly but I kept wondering if there was something more I should have done...

[Post New]by Sadface01 on Sep 1, 10 7:47 PM
My sister and i have been trying to get Drawn: dark flight to work for the past 3 hours. The demo seems to install fine, but when we click 'play' the screen flashes sever times- as if the game is about to open- and then it just doesnt. And our game manager bar tells us 'thankyou for playing..." yet we still have 60 minutes of game time left.
we have uninstalled and reinstalled, and we are not at all pleased. this is not the fisrt time big fish have let us down and we would greatly appericiate some help.

[Post New]by Gardengal1940 on Sep 1, 10 8:01 PM
I bought the game thru BF. I am having a problem in the Library. After I put the four seasonal items in the book, a stairwell opened under the pedestal. Now I can't get down the stairs and am stuck. The hints seem to be telling me I should be finding a game that includes moving birds around. That, I cannot find.
Is it a bug in the game or something I have done wrong.
Thanks for your help.

Go to: