grammy8x
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Escape from Frankenstein's Castle

[Post New]by grammy8x on Sep 2, 10 1:39 PM
I played the demo and did not like this one. It's an adventure game not a HOG. The story seemed good but took up too much time on the demo to get into it. I don't think I'll be buying this one.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 2, 10 1:53 PM
I have betatested this game for several weeks with my old laptop and had also long loading scenes, but I have since yesterday a very good new laptop, the loadingscenes are now only a few seconds, so here is my review depending on my trialtime today (not betatime):

Pros: - Interesting Story
- Nice comicgraphic (if you like that)
- Good adventure searching (no hogsscenes)
- Easy puzzles
- NOT long loadingscenes, IF you have a newer system
Contras: - Annoying Cardgame
- If you are a really fast player, the game can be short for you

I will buying this game, its great. Thanks

Edited on 09/02/2010 at 6:28:55 PM PST

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Sep 2, 10 2:03 PM
This game is a no buy for me - trialed for an hour - was trying to locate passage. I give this game a 2.5 out of 10.

Pros - Good story line
Interesting puzzles
Adventure rather then HOG or IHOG so far not even a Frog! - Whoops forgot about the one in a jar - LOL!
Items fairly clear to find
Liked having a list of tasks

Cons - the graphics poor, more on the line of what you'd expect five years ago.
No true hints
Lots of aimless wondering
I hated the cartoon type scrips - would have been better with sound
The music drove me nuts.

Edited on 09/02/2010 at 2:04:08 PM PST

VickyWY
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by VickyWY on Sep 2, 10 2:26 PM
What a waste of time on a demo.....loading and more loading. Couldn't finish the hour.

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Sep 2, 10 2:44 PM
Game was ok but took to long loading from one room to another so that a good ten minutes was lost. Quite easy but enjoyable. I played the 60mins demo and reached the room at the back of the fireplace.,so it played quick but for the loading of each room. This will not be a buy for me but I am sure a lot of fishes will like it.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Sep 2, 10 3:21 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:
pungstress wrote:...This is a FHOG that takes you from room to room to find what you need to accomplish the tasks given you. ..:

What's an FHOG?? I thought this seemed like an adventure game. Really, though, what does FHOG stand for? That is a new acronym to me....

Fragmented hidden object game. You have to find several pieces of one item before you can use it.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Sep 2, 10 3:58 PM
I have to agree with everyone else. This could have been a very nice game but the constant downloading makes it drag. Couldn't stand more than 30 minutes.

jlroeder
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by jlroeder on Sep 2, 10 4:35 PM
I played the full hour on this one....at first I was a bit confused but that passed rather quickly.....it doesn't "walk" you thru the game....it makes you think a bit....which I enjoy......I wouldn't classify this as an IHOG....but it is a nice game and I probably will buy it.....the hints are in the ghost....which I thought was rather clever....the loading between scenes gets a bit frustrating...but all in all a good game I thought.....

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Sep 2, 10 5:53 PM
Oh I hope that you fishies out there get to read this!! Especially first time adventure gamers. I LOVED this game! Now I have read the reviews that people were having a hard time with the delay in changing scenes... I did not have more than 3 seconds (and yes I counted cuz I read the reviews before I played the demo) so maybe those of us with Windows 7 and newer/faster connections are in luck... I don't know, what I do know is this is JUST the sort of game I LOVE. Hints - no walkthrough - but enough hints or gentle nudges to get you to the right place. Reminds me of the Law & Order genre but not as hard as a earlier Nancy Drew (I find she has gotten easier than earlier games). I am not sure how long this game lasts but I had one hour completely lost in the game (Yes there is hints on the card game and ANYTHING else you are not sure of. .. BUT you have to think a bit (I am cocktailing as I play so you don't have to think TOO hard. This is a great game for those of you who like the large file adventure games... AT LEAST give it a try with the demo, I did and am glad I did, with all the negative on the first page I was reluctant especially as I usually agree with casualgran (I am a casual "gran" myself lol) but this time I gotta say we disagree. Great game good visuals, very VERY short loading in between scenes a 4.5 out of 5 for me!! Off to buy!

[Post New]by yelizcoffey on Sep 2, 10 7:03 PM
wawww!!! this was the shortst game ever. it was so easy i like that u get to move around but come on too easy too short it was fun but i didnt think 6.99 worth of fun sorry

Edited on 09/02/2010 at 7:04:57 PM PST

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Sep 2, 10 7:23 PM
The purpose of playing a game is to have "fun", right? Well this game took all that out with its "loading between scenes". The storyline, was okay, but I got tired of reading what the characters were saying. I just read my tasks list. This is an adventure game, not a HOG with scenes that after you find everything listed, you achieve an item. The objects that you need are pretty much out in the open. If you have to go from scene to scene several times in a game, it shouldn't make you wait like this one. There was nothing exciting about this game, especially for it being an adventure game. This one is not for me. After these past two months with, Reincarnation CE, Drawn CE, Enlightenus CE, Redemption Cemetary CE etc, etc, etc, after being blown away playing these games .... they are a tough act to follow.

Edited on 09/02/2010 at 7:29:43 PM PST

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Sep 2, 10 7:26 PM
Played the demo hour, got through the fireplace. It's okay but it didn't jazz me enough to want to buy. The music is annoying because it doesn't fit the game. I don't mind the back in forth between rooms so much, and on my computer it didn't take too long. But I just found the whole thing rather lackluster.

hezekia
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hezekia on Sep 2, 10 7:46 PM
maggieannie43 wrote:This is the most annoying game from Big Fish it keeps loading, I found the locket you have to collect all the marbles you can go right in the first of the scene check the wardrobe and the drawer collect all 9 put them in the box lid and you get the key, go back andf open the box and get the locket. This is where it got annoying it told me go to the library it would not let me go, until I went in to Isabellas memory, nowhere did I see hints available. I have not the energy and time to play cat and mouse with this games I have bought plenty of good ones this one 2/10 and that is being generous Definitely not a but for me even the graphics are not good, like a cartoon, why so much loading all the time I do not know. Please try before you buy

I couldn't have said it better! Unbelievably slow and monotonous.

Tabbitha53
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Tabbitha53 on Sep 2, 10 8:16 PM
I really enjoyed this game,despite the loading in between scenes.

Ive never had a bad buy yet from BFG so I ghuess it had to happen.

After buying the game,I was stunned when 15/20 mins later I see The End ? on screen !!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely NOT worth buying past the demo.

Sorry BFG

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Sep 2, 10 9:13 PM
pungstress wrote:
shadowfax44 wrote:
pungstress wrote:...This is a FHOG that takes you from room to room to find what you need to accomplish the tasks given you. ..:

What's an FHOG?? I thought this seemed like an adventure game. Really, though, what does FHOG stand for? That is a new acronym to me....

Fragmented hidden object game. You have to find several pieces of one item before you can use it.

There were no fragments & there were no hidden objects.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 2, 10 10:29 PM
I have mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand, it is a decent game.

Pros:
* I enjoyed most of the minigames and unlike others, I did enjoy the card game.
* The hint system was good. Just enough information, but not too much
* The graphics are sharp and the scenes while dark/sinister aren't too dark to find things
* The background music is pleasant & fits the genre
* Decent length (as a whole)
* Interesting storyline
* Skip button for the minigames that works immediately- no long wait time & no penalty

On the other hand:
* Some of the graphics & the storyline are a bit macabre (although this is Frankenstein we are talking about)
* In my hour demo, I got almost to chpater 7 which is a little over halfway through.
* Somewhat long loading between scenes (not too long for me, though)

Overall, I felt when my demo ended that I wanted to purchase just to finish the game. However, I am being more selective with my credits this month and I think I'll wait until the end of the month to see about getting this one.

loudlife
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by loudlife on Sep 3, 10 12:14 AM
I would give this game a 5 out of 10. It's not terrible, I didn't hate it - but I didn't love it. Plus, it's very easy and therefor ridiculously short. I was on chapter 6 - over halfway through - when the demo ended and that is with me not skipping anything. 2 hours of playtime does not make it a worthwhile purchase for me.

I didn't understand the weird, slow load time between rooms - inside a room you could move from scene to scene (i.e. from the alchemy table to the electrical table) instantaneously - what makes that different from moving room to room? (And to the earlier poster - I have a practically new, very fast computer)

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

1 hour 35 minutes to complete

[Post New]by togood2be on Sep 3, 10 2:36 AM
How disappointing, 1 hour 35 minutes, I never skipped a puzzle and read everything (and getting coffee 2 or 3 times). I am sure 5 minutes was loading time too lol.
I was at the fireplace when my trial expired which is not half way, the game just kept getting easier. Glad I used a freebee or I would be really P.Oed
I should have listened to you guys lol my bad!!

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Sep 3, 10 2:50 AM
Great potential! Different story with an interesting twist of having to check out visions of the past. Not an HOG, but a light adventure game. Graphics were not bad, just not stellar like the Drawn games. I would have preferred having the option of more specific hints. I thought the loading time was a bit long (and too often), and I can't really understand why that was necessary. I also thought initial instructions about how exactly the game functions would have been helpful. In an hour I made it to the banquet hall to find the fireplace passage, and I made it to the library to meld the glass for the stained glass window. I have not decided yet if I will purchase the game. One of the posts indicated a glitch at the end, and I hate if I cannot finish a game, so it is a "no" for now....

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Sep 3, 10 3:23 AM
nice to see something a bit different but to much direction and it is very short which makes me wonder if it is value for money. Also why are game makers obsessed with having such dark screens. I know the point of HOG is to guess and search but not in such darkness all the time.. most of this game it is hard to see the sets it is so dark and that is with the brightness cranked up all the way. Also there is a rather annoying delay in loading time, oh and it crashed out on me once.. no idea why. It is a reasonably good game but I have played better.

Go to: