Re:Post any Escape from Frankenstein's Castle technical issues here only

[Post New]by judiem on Oct 27, 10 8:29 PM
if you get stuck with the bone you have to make a new profile and delete any other profiles you have. You will then get the bone fragment

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Oct 28, 10 2:43 AM
I finally gave in and uninstalled the game, reinstalled and set up a new profile. Didn't take too long to get back to Chapter 5 by skipping all the dialogue I'd already seen and all the puzzels I'd solved the first time. Was very careful only to do the tasks as they appeared and not to take the bone fragment when first finding Isabella's skeleton. This time the game worked perfectly for me and I finished it with no other problems.
I think some of the other problems which have been experienced may also be down to "doing things in the wrong order" which doesn't usually matter in other games. For example, I tested the drawer in the bedroom with the last eye and it won't open until the locked drawer with the locket has been tried. I've a feeling this applied to the rag in the statis chamber as well - had to do something else first.

llney
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

Bone Fragment Issue

[Post New]by llney on Nov 5, 10 7:27 PM
What a waste of a game credit! The bone fragment issue is SO frustrating- who wants to restart a game over from them beginning-especially when people have posted that that didn't work either. I think we all deserve our money/credit back, or a code for a replacement game....

[Post New]by flea813 on Nov 12, 10 10:22 AM
I had the key and put it in the front door then decided to wait and find the two missing memory items so I went on a serch and ended up back in the main lab. Now that I am there I am stuck and cant get out!! It keeps telling me I must find the key before I can leave the lab! I really really don't want to start over. I love big fish and have had very few problems with games but I am frustrated with this one right now. The only good thing is I bought it when all the playfirst games were on sale a few weeks ago so only paid $4.99.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 12, 10 10:57 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that if you're experiencing issues with the bone fragment, you may want to start the game over with a new player profile. Many players have had success with finishing the game by doing this.

If you have any questions about your purchase, please get in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

DrRobert
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,807 Posts

[Post New]by DrRobert on Mar 21, 11 11:12 PM
Better idea BFG...FIX THE DAMN GLITCH IN THE GAME!!!! I am tired of uninstall/reinstall, run through first 4 chapters....yada yada yada. About ready to ask for a credit.

[Post New]by ChicknOTheSea on Apr 1, 11 4:44 PM
Having the same problem with obtaining the bone fragment. I was hoping that it would be resolved by now. It seems like restarting from the beginning is not fair to the school of fish that purchased this game.

[Post New]by nursue on Oct 29, 11 3:55 AM
In the stasis room originally the first gear did not appear until the 3rd time I looked.
But still cannot make the second gear appear.. Not fun, and this is not the first problem I've had with this game including the bone fragment..How many more problems am I to encounter??

[Post New]by deborah_bogan on Nov 12, 11 7:24 PM
by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 12, 10 10:57 AM "Just wanted to pop in and let you know that if you're experiencing issues with the bone fragment, you may want to start the game over with a new player profile. Many players have had success with finishing the game by doing this."

first: as many post have said, you can't just restart the game, you have to make sure you dont click on her bones in the wall until after you click on the beckers when you do restart it.

second: this is so far into the the game, and the game is insanely slow to move around in as is, restarting is not something that you "just" do.

third: if i do restart and get past the bone shard issue, it seems i will just run into a glass cleaning issue, so why would i want to go to the trouble of restarting all over again just to encounter another issue, which i havent even seen a work around for, so why would i want to even bother.

Edited on 11/12/2011 at 7:27:10 PM PST

[Post New]by ngray38099 on Mar 1, 12 12:17 PM
5119412 wrote:
ShortBear wrote:
snorkeler525 wrote:
PPC515 wrote:I am unable to clean the glass in the stasis chamber. When I wiped the glass with the rag, only one small streak cleared, then nothing. Any suggestions?

sayjay1980 wrote:I am having the same issue so would love to hear if anyone solves this problem. It is the first issue I have encountered playing the game.

Me too! I have gone round and round trying to come up with a solution to no avail. This is the first time I have been this frustrated with one of Big Fish's games. Please, please, please fix this - somebody, anybody!

Go to: